Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings are horrible

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Attention: fans of other teams don't read anything in this thread because you will think that Viking fans are all bandwagon jumpers and only stick with the team through the good times!!

Newsflash: we are in first in the division halfway through and Moss has missed the past 3 and a half games! We'll be alright!
    thanks for that, i am willing to give Tice this year and the next to get us to the 2nd round of the playoffs and i think we will do just fine this year... we really can win every game coming up...some of them will be tough but the vikes are good enough to beat any of them.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Attention: fans of other teams don't read anything in this thread because you will think that Viking fans are all bandwagon jumpers and only stick with the team through the good times!!

Newsflash: we are in first in the division halfway through and Moss has missed the past 3 and a half games! We'll be alright!
    thanks for that, i am willing to give Tice this year and the next to get us to the 2nd round of the playoffs and i think we will do just fine this year... we really can win every game coming up...some of them will be tough but the vikes are good enough to beat any of them.
    True, we are good enough to beat any team left on the schedule. It comes down to actually playing the game and execution. We are not horrible, but we will have to execute better than we have the last 2 weeks or we are just as likely to lose to all the teams left on our schedule. The last 2 games we have not been as dominant on Offense and it has hurt. It has exploited our bad defense even worse because we have added numbers tn the L column.

It has hurt the confidence of the team.
    It has hurt us as fans, the evidence is right here in this thread.
    It has hurt our chances of winning our division.

Hopefully this will make us stronger as a team and as fans by the end of the year. Right now it is tearing our fans apart, hopefully it is not tearing our team apart.

scorptile is offline Starter

Vikings are horrible

lol dont worry viking fans over at the colts forums we have the exact same kind of guy very negitive and such...always complaining about why the colts wont be in the superbowl...i think both defenses played very well last night....but just think manning is the hardest QB to sack out of all of them...it is the colts offensive line...they are rock solid just about...i think both teams played great and i was happy to see how well the vikes played without me, me , me moss....i think bennet is an average running back but definately keep smith he is better then bennet hands down....the vikings did better then i expected in last nights game....the real test it hink is how are they going to come out and play the rest of the season having lost two in a row...this is where the leet teams seperate from the teams that collapse...and i personally think the patriots will not win another superbowl period...
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Vikings are horrible

i thought the vikings played a solid game and it was intriguing because when they get down, they are usually out. it was interesting to see who would step up and burleson really stole the spotlight last night. he played very well. however, this offense was not very impressive against a very porous indianapolis defense. both indy's starting safeties were injured and the vikes never really took shots down the field. the defense is going to be able to keep creeping up and thats what seemed to happen last night. i still hold my opinion that there are going to be 2 teams in the NFC North in the playoffs. both the packers and vikes are very similiar teams. however, without moss 100% healthy next week and the packers offense running on all cylinders right now, i do like our chances. this vikings team has been exposed on D the last 2 weeks. granted indy is a very very good offense, the giants are not that good offensively. the key to stopping our offense is stopping our run, and i dont believe the vikings show any signs of stopping the run...but we will see on sunday.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

Minnesota is fourth in the NFC in rushing D;
    Green Bay is seventh in the NFC in rushing D.

Looks like you guys are worse than us, and we have more fresh RBs to run at you than you do to run at us...doesn't look like you can stop anybody either!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

If we are fourth in rushing D then i'm lossing it because the only game we have stopped it was the Texans game, that was it.

I'm loosing alot of confidence in our teams ability to beat good teams on the road, Finish games off, stop the opposing offense, makes tackles. Those are things we are not doing.

I'm starting to get into that relaxed mode like "f*ck it we have nothing to loose, blitz, throw bombs whatever just do anything to win" I wouldnt exactly go out and say what tark has said but the guy is right to an extent. I dont really see us turning it around on defense this year. The years half way over and the defensive improvement has been minimal. I'm not even goin to blame injuries as our problem. Claiborne sucks hands down, Raonall is the only guy i wished was playing last night, he was the only one hurt. We are very healthy on DEFENSE, Irvin isn't goin to save our a$$.

Colts fan dont even get us started on ME ME ME Moss. If you want to talk me lets talk about TO and the origanal MESHAWN. It looks to me you guys could be brewing up your own MESTER in reggie wayne!

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Vikings are horrible

This is about as good as I have felt about our team coming off a loss. When it was 14-0, I thought "Well...here we go again."

They really showed me something, being able to come back and met the challenge after getting almost knocked out in the first quarter.

There was a lot of negatives in this game to complain about, but I'm proud of them to be able to fight back without a lot of weapons at their disposal.

Nate and Onterrio were GIANT.

Other than the time management at the end of the 1st half, my biggest concerns were the complete and total non-factor of our linebacking core and with about 3:00 left in the 2nd quarter, Daunte was 1-2 for 6 yards.[/

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

OH yeah, i agree, i wasnt even pissed last night like i was the iggles game or the giants game, it was quite odd for me usually i'm pretty heated but i was calm and the loss didnt bug me, BUT the missed tackles and no cluch defense is something that has been adding up over the past few weeks and that kind of stuff kills my confidence in this team.

Kick returns, Nate, decent pass pressure by the d line all game, Onterrio, Daunte got is grove but it took 2 quarters before he got goin, and specail teams coverage was all solid, oh and wiggy. We still have potentail to beat anyone on our schedule. I'm ready to whip some packer ass though. I dont fear favre anymore, i used to but his decision making has gave me comfort. He will make stupid mistakes and if we can make him pay for it we will win.

CanuckVike is offline Starter

Vikings are horrible

Hey there Tark10, I think I know how you feel about the frustration and all that...it comes with the territory of being a devout Vike fan. You always want or envision your team as the one that should be the best! But we are not horrible!! Right now, there are 19 teams that have a worse record than ours...only 7 teams have a better one. Yeah we aren't perfect, but no team is. If you have the NFL ticket, do yourself a favour and try to watch the other teams play when the Vikes aren't on...and don't just absorb the hi-lite plays. Lots of teams screw up regulary, either on Offense or Defense. Look at the Cowboys this year and recent years, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincinnati...they all have potential but are struggling much worse than we are. I've been behind the Vikes for over 40 years now and have gone through all the big division wins in the 70's only to be heartbroken in the 4 super bowls, when we had one of the best coaches ever in Bud Grant. Over the last 5 years or so, I've been chomping at the bit about the Vikes because they have so much potential, but we have still screwed up. I've also been on Culpepper's case 'cause I couldn't stand the fumbles and bad int's....but last night he at least DID NOT MELTDOWN, we got some BIG TIME step up play by others, like Burleson and O.Smith. Yes, the D should be better. If it were we would be number 1. But we are not horrible...we are in the upper 25% of the NFL, striving to be better. There's still a half season to go and chance to get better and even get hot.
    So be a fan, take perspective and CHILL OUT a bit!

Cheers!
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    This is about as good as I have felt about our team coming off a loss. When it was 14-0, I thought "Well...here we go again."

They really showed me something, being able to come back and met the challenge after getting almost knocked out in the first quarter.

There was a lot of negatives in this game to complain about, but I'm proud of them to be able to fight back without a lot of weapons at their disposal.

Nate and Onterrio were GIANT.

Other than the time management at the end of the 1st half, my biggest concerns were the complete and total non-factor of our linebacking core and with about 3:00 left in the 2nd quarter, Daunte was 1-2 for 6 yards.[/

Yeah, I wasn't pissed about the outcome, mainly because the first half, made me feel like it was going to be worse than the final score actually was.

In the first half, I was lulled to sleep by our lack of everything. When the half ended, I couldn't believe it was halftime.

[size=18px]Good News:[/size]

5-3 is half way to 10-6 which is good enough to win the division. It doesn't mean we are limited to only 10-6. I would like to see 11-5.

10-6 would be good, this was my realistic number at the beginning of the season considering the strength of schedule.
    11-5 would be great.
    12-4 would be Awesome and would be above my expectation at the beginning of the season.

Honestly who thought we would finish better than 10-6 "before the season started."

We need to start next week by playing better football and get the win. This Lamboo Field game wasn't one of the wins I had marked on the schedule. Next week is not the end all be all of the season but it will sure help our cause in a possible tie breaker at the end of the season and keep us out of a possible 3 way tie for the division lead at the end of next week.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast