Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings are horrible

Sorry to say but the vikings are horrible. I have been holding my tongue because I have tried to be positive but they are no different than last year. Even when they were winning the defense was giving up huge amounts of yards and points.
    If you break down the game you would see that the O line played average at best and I thought well below average. That was suppose to be one of our strong points. We can't run the football, and we have problems with our passing game when we become one dimensional.
    The defense is disgusting, they are pitiful. I have never seen more open receivers then I have watching a Vikings game. On a few ocassions there wasn't a defender within ten yards. Their coverage is the worst I have seen by any team since the 90's bengals. They have no pass rush and the only person making any plays is Kevin Williams. The LBs take terrible angles and can't tackle. They looked confused in coverage and rarely is there any pressure on the QB.
    The last comment is that they always look like they are outcoached. Offense or defense they look outcoached. Linehan is clueless, and only moss and Culpepper save him. How many deep passes were called last night. None that I saw. No wonder they had eight in the box, no one stretched the defense. Cottrel hasn't had a good blitz package all year. When was the last time you saw someone come clean and get a great hit on a QB. I haven't seen one all year. Every team has at leat one by this time, and usually quite a few. Look at pittsburgh, their LBs wreak havoc. Ours always get picked up, at some point you have to look at the coaching. And Tice, I have always said give a guy three years to get his system and players in place. I am starting to think he needs to go. The Vikings always make critical mistakes at critical times in the game. That goes back to practice. I have seen Tice and he seems to be a players coach and players coaches don't win championships. They are too lax on them in practice and they don't have the discipline in the game to get the job done. Stupid penalties like Johnstone is a reocurring theme. Those are penalties that go back to coaching. A very well disciplined team would be able to score on a pathetic Colts defense. The Vikings made the colts defense look like a top ten team.
    Having said all of that I would like to say start looking to next year because the collapse is here!!! They will lose in GB and if they play like they did last night it will be a blowout!! They will beat Detroit at home. Then lose to the Jags,and at Chicage they will fall apart. The seahawks will show them how you are suppose to win on the road and beat them and then they will go to Detroit and lose to them. They might comeback and beat GB at home but then they go on the road and get embarrassed by losing to a horrible Washington team. That would make them 7-9 and looking up at detoit and GB and maybe the Bears!!
    I know I am going to get hammered and I don't care because this team is not a team it is a group of talented individuals and they can't beat a team. I hope I am wrong but you guys that are going to hammer me remember at the end of the year to apologize and hope we get more talent and Tice learns how to prepare a team to play a game!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

Manning had only been sacked 4 times coming into this game. We got him once and forced him from the pocket 4 times. Partially do to coverage and pressure.

I do agree that the D has been and still is a problem overall. We don't have enough consistancy. If we could get a 2-3 more punts(Defesive stops)/game, we would be alright. Enough so to win some of the games we lost this year.

This is why when people are predicting SB contenders, we don't come up. DEFENSE. It is hard to win consistantly without D. It is hard to put your faith in a team when they let others score that much.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings are horrible

We are still a year away...the truth hurts, but the D needs another year together to get better...and they will because the talent IS there (probably have to add someone to replace Hovan in the draft and some more depth in the secondary) but the talent is there, just a year away from showing their true potential. I am very open to be proven wrong, but them's are the facts.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Vikings are horrible

well, fran tarkenton10, tell us how you really feel...

i at least agree with tice being a players coach and players coaches don't win championships....usually. i thought about that when i originally posted it after the horrible Giants game... i do know of one player coach who won a superbowl... Dick Vermeil with the Rams...
    i must say...i am leaning towards Tice being fired if we don't make it to the second round of the playoffs within this season or the next.

they only lost two in a row... give em a break.. they played with some heart last night even when Cotrell and Lineham didn't give them much. our Linebackers are a young and speedy talented group... EJ is the best tackler at linebacker we have, yet Cotrell sends him out to cover or play zone... i want to see him attack the ball each play! our veteran LB's are either hurt or don't give much leadership support. however, our D line is good, well-above average... even with Hovan sleeping we have a better line than most teams.
    Our CB's are decent at best... B. Williams is a hell of a hitter but lacks experience. Winfield was a great pick-up... our safeties are great, but i think the defensive scemes take them out of a lot of plays... i think it will all come together soon and all you nay-sayers will eat your words... this defense can stop teams from scoring... we were playing agains tthe 2nd best offense for crying out loud! yes, the vikes need to practice their basic tackling skills--and Cotrell needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing smashmouth defense--rush at least 5 each play, all from different directions... make the QB feel it... i want to see a late hit every once in a while to make the QB sweat... i will gladly take the penalty at the beginning of the game if the QB takes a while to get up.

all that being said, the vikes are not out... we have a rough road ahead, but the vikes can win every one of them...the vikes are good enough. watch as Onterio gets more plays and breaks one TD for 40+ against the Fudge. bench bennett, trade him to Carolina for one of their Linebackers and we will kill.

later.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings are horrible

Injuries have hit us big time. There comes a point where you just can't plug a second or third string player in and still expect to win. Our linebackers were the obvious problem last night..., and FUNNY that's where our injuries were.

Los was right when he said this division will be determined by injuries.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Vikings are horrible

IF,IF,IF, IF that is all I hear. The reality is that we have injuries and we are not a good football team right now. Our D is suspect at best. Cottrel is going to coach the way he has been and that is bad news for our D. And EJ is making a lot of mistakes. Actually DT is playing better in the middle right now. I watched that Giant game and saw so many times EJ out of position (the Barber TD was a perfect example). And Linehan only knows throw it to Moss if we need a big play. He has no imagination. When was the you saw them throw deep maybe week six. Tice needs to prepare them better or he should be gone!! By the end of the year we will know if he should stay or go. The way it looks right now I have to say it is time for him to go.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Vikings are horrible

Attention: fans of other teams don't read anything in this thread because you will think that Viking fans are all bandwagon jumpers and only stick with the team through the good times!!

Newsflash: we are in first in the division halfway through and Moss has missed the past 3 and a half games! We'll be alright!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings are horrible

Whew, thanks VKG4LFE... a voice of reason.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Vikings are horrible

Anytime skol!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Vikings are horrible

I never said I stopped being a Vikings fan. The comments are mde because of frustrationa dn the hope that somewhere Tice is hearing all of the criticism and trying to right the ship. Ignoring a problem or blindly saying we are going to win the super bowl dosen't make you a bigger fan. If you have cancer you don't just ignore it you do things to prevent it from killing you. We have MANY problems and no solution in sight. We still play horrible on the road, we choke during crunch time and the D gives up game winning drives time after time. So what do you want me to say we are the best team in the world and we are going to win the rest of the games and go on to the super bowl and win. Does that make you feel better.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast