Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Home Game Info Needed.

my father was a member last year. so i had like a family membership. my dad mostly went to the meetings and some game trips, but we mostly watched the games here at my house because we had NFL ticket. But the SCVC is still pretty cool.

bajatodd is offline Waterboy

Thanks for all the info! I am so pumped. I am goiong with a friend from work who is a Rams Fan so it should be a war on the field (and off)!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

If you go to any of the bars on 1st Ave. downtown (right next to the Target Center)- Brother, Old Chicago, and The Loon they are all great before the game. The Loon also has free shuttles to the Dome every ten-fifteen minutes. The bus to the Dome with all of the drunks is one of the more entertaining things about going to a game.

Another great hotel is the Meridian. Its brand new and probably pricey.

After the game- Anything downtown is good. Anything on 1st ave will be fine. There is a bar/restaurant that is pretty nice called Ike's on 6th St. During baseball season you'll often find opposing teams GMs and guys like that. A fun Viking atmosphere restaturant would also be the 8th St. Grille. The waitresses are hot and they wear Vikings jerseys.

Tailgating will be going on but if its too cold for you, I'd stick to the loon before the game and take the bus. Welcome to Minnesota! Enjoy and if you have time and really want to be a vikes fan, try to get in some ice-fishing.

[color=red]

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

We are making a Visiting the Twin Cities guide to be published here before the start of regular season.

As a previous barfly down there and a season ticket holder, I can let you know some good hangouts. Plus I've stayed in a bunch of the hotels for different things downtown.

"bajatodd" wrote:
    I am from LA and will be flying to Minnesota to watch the Vikings destroy the Rams on December 11th.

I have some stupid questions but bear with me.

1. What is the best hotel to stay at for the weekend of the game?

2. What are some good bars in the Minneapolis area to go check out?

3. Obviously it will be cold and snowing in December, but are we talking 10 degrees cold, 0 Degrees cold or -20 degrees cold?

4. Is their tailgating no matter what the weather is?

5. Where is the big post game hangout after the Vikings Win?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just remember I am a life long Southern California Vikings fan and I finally get to come see a game and I have no clue about life in the twin cities!!

THANKS!!
    1.) My wife and I made our first trip to Minny and to see the Vikings play last season on December 12th against the Seahawks. We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is really close to the Metrodome and pretty cheap. Here is the link to the hotel: www.metrodome.com

2.) Bars? I don't know because I don't really drink. However, I know that if you stay downtown there are bound to be some bars within walking distance.

3.) When we went in mid-December last year it hadn't snowed yet, but the temperature was still below freezing. We walked to the game and it was about 20 degrees outside with a really cold strong blowing wind. It is fine as long as you dress warm.

4.) Tailgating goes on no matter what, the colder and snowier the better. The main tailgating is behind the Target Center. You would have to take the LightRail to get there. Here is the website to the LightRail: www.metrotransit.org/rail/index.asp (You can also take the train to the Mall of America)

5.) I don't know about any post-win hangouts after the games. You can e-mail this guy from his website, as he will probably know: www.purpledawgs.com

Hope this helps and Go Vikes!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

last year i stayed at the Days Inn across the street from the MOA. now theres a shuttle or something that will take you directly from there to the Dome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12