Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    I am pleased with this hire. Should give the team a bit of an aggressive edge which it lacked before.

I can't wait to hear who will be hired as offensive coordinator. I think there are pluses to each candidate mentioned by Vikesfanwis. Turner should get more production out of the passing game, Kubiak could take Peterson to even greater heights than he's already reached(which is terrifying) and Linehan who could expand the offense both vertically and horizontally, possibly getting Peterson into open space in the passing game?

The defense is instantly improved just by losing a tired scheme in favor of flexibility.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Just saw Mark Brunell and Antonio Pierce discussing this hire on the Mother Ship. Knucklehead Pierce dissed the hiring saying Vikings needed an offensive minded coach. I guess he didn't bother to check that we had the 13th offense with no qb and the 31st defense. What an idiot.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    does Michael Johnson follow him???

hearing Norv Turner as OC, that will be a fantastic hire
    I would be happy to see that, everywhere he has gone he has had a great offense. And he can teach QBs, something we have NEVER had that I know of. I have never seen a Viking QB grow or progress in our system, so it would be very nice to get him. I just don't ever want him as a head coach!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Man would I love to see Norv Turner as OC. People are probably going to think me crazy but I think maybe we need to take a little of the emphasis off of AD.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledoom View Post
    Man would I love to see Norv Turner as OC. People are probably going to think me crazy but I think maybe we need to take a little of the emphasis off of AD.
    A more balanced offense is more unpredictable; ergo more dangerous.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Ranger is offline Coach
    Fantastic hire. Bengals fans are happy to see him get his promotion, and sad to see him leave. Their forums were blowing up about it the last two days.

Time for our defense to man the fuck up. I have long suspected that we have some guys who can ball when they don't have to run a tampa-2 scheme, and I think we're about to find out whether or not I was right.

Pretty pumped up about this.

purpledoom is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    A more balanced offense is more unpredictable; ergo more dangerous.
    Exactly.

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Awesome hire. Is anyone against this?
    Not me. He was my first choice.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator
    can't provide a link because I'm on my phone but we just got permission to interview Norv Turner for OC

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yep. I posted Schefter's twitter, but we've received permission to bring in Turner for an interview. I can't wait for September.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast