Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter

Vikings hire Kirby Wilson as Running backs coach

Thoughts on this hire? I think it is a good hire, it is going to be interesting to see what Kirby can do with Adrian...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think it will be interesting to see what Adrian can do with Kirby.

WWBGD

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Vikings hire Kirby Wilson as Running backs coach

we need to draft a quick RB that can catch out of tha backfield

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Looks like a good hire. I find it interesting that he left PBurgh and Tomlin and Todd Haley for the same position in Minny with Zimmer and Norm. A finalist for the OC with the Ravens…passed over. Looks like a coach on the upward trajectory, admittedly, I don't know much about him.

I think working with Norm and AD is a pretty good move for him.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I am loving everything I am hearing on the hires the Vikes have been making.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Kirby Wilson should be a capable coach.

Adrian Peterson is too raw a blocker and receiver for being in the league as long as he has been. Hopefully, Wilson will help Peterson be a better all-around player.

The only knock on Wilson is that he looks a lot like a young coach Frazier from a distance.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Kirby Wilson should be a capable coach.

Adrian Peterson is too raw a blocker and receiver for being in the league as long as he has been. Hopefully, Wilson will help Peterson be a better all-around player.

The only knock on Wilson is that he looks a lot like a young coach Frazier from a distance.
    What?????? Yeah he should have been cut a long time ago cause of his blocking skills and the fact he has had a crappy QB passing to him. Please................

WWBGD

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    What?????? Yeah he should have been cut a long time ago cause of his blocking skills and the fact he has had a crappy QB passing to him. Please................
    On top of that, I really don't think he is that bad at catching or blocking. Not his specialty for sure...but not near as deficient as the labels that get put on him.

There were a couple games last year where he was our top rated blocker on the team according to PFF.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    You present a false dichotomy. That is, either Peterson is great at blocking, catching, and route running, or he should have been cut long ago.

From watching games, there is evidence that Peterson is not a great blocker. He has problems selecting pass rushers to block, does not take good angles, and his blocking technique is not great either, as he does not engage well. This is common for halfbacks who have not had to block much in college or high school. Blocking is a learned skill, and Peterson needs to learn it better in the Norv Turner AC offense, or Adrian will be a weak link on passing plays.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    You present a false dichotomy. That is, either Peterson is great at blocking, catching, and route running, or he should have been cut long ago.

From watching games, there is evidence that Peterson is not a great blocker. He has problems selecting pass rushers to block, does not take good angles, and his blocking technique is not great either, as he does not engage well. This is common for halfbacks who have not had to block much in college or high school. Blocking is a learned skill, and Peterson needs to learn it better in the Norv Turner AC offense, or Adrian will be a weak link on passing plays.
    I completely agree.... he's been in the league entirely too long to not be able to pick up the blitz and play all 3 downs on offense... yes, he's a terrific runner and all that.. but he could use a lot of work in blitz pick up and running routes/catching out of the backfield...

Just because you are a great player doesn't mean you can't make improvements on your game... AP needs to improve in these areas... ALOT!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast