Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings hire Frazier as defensive coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Leslie Frazier, an assistant for the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts, was hired Thursday as the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator.
    Already posted like a billion times in the DC thread:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=30838.0

=Z=
    Yeah, but this is a more appropriate place to post it.
    The other thread was about speculation, this thread is making the announcement.
    Starting a new thread rather than continuing the discussion which had already started is not more appropriate, IMHO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Great news!
    Now I finally have somewhere to direct my lost man-love.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I think he will do a good job, as long as he’s taken everything on board that he has learned from coaching, playing and especially Tony Dungy.
    It all starts up front

ec179299 is offline Rookie

I am for continuity and some new ideas on the Cover 2.
    Good choice.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "TimmyT" wrote:
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Leslie Frazier, an assistant for the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts, was hired Thursday as the Minnesota Vikings' defensive coordinator.
    Already posted like a billion times in the DC thread:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=149&topic=30838.0

=Z=
    Yeah, but this is a more appropriate place to post it.
    The other thread was about speculation, this thread is making the announcement.

Nodak, I agree with you 100% man.. You won't get the last word on this though trust me..

With that said, here is an article from vikingupdate..
    http://vikings.scout.com/2/617445.html

It is somewhat odd that they had the second best defense in the league against the pass, but were last against the run.. We were like the exact opposite.. The best against the run, but we sucked against the pass.. If he can turn our pass defense into the second best in the league, and our run defense can stay the best in the league, then we will be just fine on defense.. Now all we need to do is get some studs on offense, and we should be good to go..

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    ...If he can turn our pass defense into the second best in the league, and our run defense can stay the best in the league, then we will be just fine on defense...
    Just fine?
    I think if we have the top in the league against the run and second in the league against the pass we will be more than fine.

Where are all the Chicken Littles that had no confidence in the coaching staff and their choice in DC?
    I should pull up the posts calling them out and whining because they didn't hire a new DC within a few days of Tomlin walking.
    Since Zygi took the helm the Vikings have gone after who they wanted and threw the coin at them and got them.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Since Zygi took the helm the Vikings have gone after who they wanted and threw the coin at them and got them.
    Except for Gregg Williams.

And that LB coach from Philadelphia who was supposedly #1 on the list for Tomlin-replacements this year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

great! now lets get a freakin defensive end that can do something, and the passing defense will be fixed!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Except for Gregg Williams.

And that LB coach from Philadelphia who was supposedly #1 on the list for Tomlin-replacements this year.

=Z=
    From what I've seen anyone they have gone after they have gotten unless they wanted to go somewhere else for personal reasons or reasons not mentioned.
    The issue wasn't over money.
    Zygi pays the coin.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    ...If he can turn our pass defense into the second best in the league, and our run defense can stay the best in the league, then we will be just fine on defense...
    Just fine?
    I think if we have the top in the league against the run and second in the league against the pass we will be more than fine.

Where are all the Chicken Littles that had no confidence in the coaching staff and their choice in DC?
    I should pull up the posts calling them out and whining because they didn't hire a new DC within a few days of Tomlin walking.

I know, I was just stating.. If that were to happen, we would have the best defense in the league.. Is that better for ya
    Prophet?

Good hire here, I just hope that he is around for more then a year.. If Childress falters next season, chances are that Frasier will only be around for a season as well..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast