Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Hike Season Ticket Prices

[size=18px]Vikings hike season-ticket prices[/size]

BY DON SEEHOLZER and SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

For the second consecutive year, the Vikings have increased the prices for seven of their eight season-ticket packages.

Prices for the team's most expensive season tickets will increase from $105 to $110 a game or $1,110 for a 10-game package, including two exhibition games, the team said in a release Friday.

A 10-game package that cost $900 in 2005 will cost $960 in 2006. Two other packages include price hikes of $3 a ticket, two packages were increased by $2 a ticket, and one package was raised by $1 a ticket.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Personnel possibility:

The Vikings will interview New England director of college scouting Tom Dimitroff today for the position of personnel director.

Dimitroff is the fifth outside candidate to interview, joining San Diego director of pro scouting Fran Foley, former Miami general manager Rick Spielman, former Atlanta vice president of player personnel Ron Hill and Kansas City vice president of personnel Bill Kuharich.

Jacksonville director of pro personnel Charles Bailey and Denver director of pro personnel Rick Smith are other candidates, although the Vikings can't talk to Smith while the Broncos are in the playoffs.

Vikings director of college scouting Scott Studwell and coordinator of pro personnel Jeff Robinson are the internal candidates.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Staff stuff:

With the Vikings' coaching staff close to being completed, several of the remaining spots could be filled by coaches on the final four playoff teams. The key remaining vacancies are coaches for the special teams, linebackers and secondary.

One possibility for special-teams coach is Carolina special-teams assistant Paul Ferraro. Before joining the Panthers in 2005, Ferraro was Rutgers' defensive coordinator for four seasons.

New defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin is expected to be hands-on with the Vikings' secondary. Joe Woods, who served as a defensive quality control coach in Tampa Bay with Tomlin, is a candidate for the secondary position.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Camp talk:

With owner Zygi Wilf talking about possibly moving training camp to Sioux Falls, S.D., the next summer could be the Vikings' last in Mankato, but city manager Patrick Hentges is hopeful the relationship between the town and team will continue.

"One thing Mankato has going for us is the university still wants to participate," he said. "First and foremost, the university probably has athletic facilities that, as far as off-site camps, are as good as anywhere in the country."

Hentges said he expects the Vikings to move their training camp to Anoka County when and if they get approval to build a stadium and practice facility there, but not for another four or five years.

"We want to continue to be good hosts to the Vikings," he said. "If allowed, we would continue to be very active in camp for the next few years."
    __________________________________________________ __________

Linehan remembers:

Former Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, asked during his introductory news conference as the St. Louis Rams' new coach if he was concerned about pressure, said he was never more nervous than when he took over the Minnesota offense in 2002.

"I felt more pressure walking into that room the first day I introduced the offense to the team than I did (during) the opening kickoff for that season," he said, "because I wanted to establish my credibility that I knew what I was doing and was prepared."

Linehan also thanked former Vikings coach Mike Tice for taking a chance on him.

"He hired me out of college and gave me a chance to be a coordinator in the NFL without any NFL experience and said, 'Hey, go do it,' " Linehan said. "For sure, Mike deserves a lot of credit for that."
    __________________________________________________ ________

Don Seeholzer can be reached at [email protected] Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings Hike Season Ticket Prices

Lets hope Childress will be hearing the same words and praises as Linehan gave Tice in this write-up...

We have alot of young blood coming in, hopefully we will have some Gems, like Linehan.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Hey someone has to help pay for all the money Ziggy is going to put up for our FA's and Draft Pick Signings coming up this season......

I don't think anyone will be disapointed either....

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i wish the article told more about the season ticket price hike..

mine are $43 bucks right now.. i wonder what they will be after the hike.

not too fond of the price going up. it already costs a bagillion bucks to go to a game, with ticket prices, and gas.. and the occasional food.

haha im a college student. ill probably have to sell a few games next year..
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy camper" wrote:
    i wish the article told more about the season ticket price hike..

mine are $43 bucks right now.. i wonder what they will be after the hike.

not too fond of the price going up. it already costs a bagillion bucks to go to a game, with ticket prices, and gas.. and the occasional food.

haha im a college student. ill probably have to sell a few games next year..
    My guess would be $45 ea.

Update on 2006 season ticket prices;

[size=18px]NFL: VIKINGS: Ticket Prices Set for 2006 [/size]

The Minnesota Vikings announced today their season ticket prices for the 2006 season. The Vikings have eight price ranges for season tickets beginning at $99, $320, $380, $490, $670, $710, $960 and $1,110 for a 10-game package. These ticket prices include a 10% admissions tax paid to the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission and a 6.5% state sales tax.

The Vikings have increased their consecutive sellout streak at the Metrodome to 84 games. The Vikings entered the 2005 season with 60,018 season tickets sold. To be placed on the waiting list for VIKINGS SEASON TICKETS FOR THE 2006 SEASON call 612-33-VIKES or click here. Season ticket waiting list benefits include the right to buy single-game tickets before they go on sale to the general public, invitations to Vikings events, playoff priority and a complimentary Minnesota Vikings yearbook.

2006 VIKINGS OPPONENTS

Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Carolina Panthers, New England Patriots and New York Jets.

Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=138816&src=0
    __________________________________________________ __________

Mine went up $2/ticket.

I may upgrade now to the $490 package which only increased by $1.

SingerSP,

If you do, find out if you can add another seat also, If you could, I'de pay for the extra seat....The whole season also.

That way, I'de own a seat with you, for those speical games I come out for and espeicaly those upcoming playoff games I know we will be in..

The others, I could sell or give to friends......

Let me know.......

Ned

"VikingNed" wrote:
    SingerSP,

If you do, find out if you can add another seat also, If you could, I'de pay for the extra seat....The whole season also.

That way, I'de own a seat with you, for those speical games I come out for and espeicaly those upcoming playoff games I know we will be in..

The others, I could sell or give to friends......

Let me know.......

Ned
    1 seat or 2?

Just one Singer......

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Just one Singer......
    1 would be perfect. I'll see if I can get 3.

That way if you don't use your ticket, I can buy it so that Fluzzy & John can sit next to me & I won't have to buy them a seperate set every week.

Then if you're there, we'd have an extra seat for your son, wife or another PPOer or friend.

If both your son & wife wanted to go, you could use all 3 & I could always find another single or pair for myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast