Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    [size=13pt]Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson[/size]

    Published: Wednesday, August 5, 2009

    By Dave Campbell
    AP
    Sports Writer



    MANKATO, Minn. — Steve Hutchinson is sporting a thick beard at Minnesota’s training camp, as if the anchor of the Vikings’ offense needed to offer another visual cue that he’s one of the toughest, most ornery offensive linemen in the league.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    “Hutch is Hutch. No matter how you paint it, Hutch is Hutch,” teammate Anthony Herrera said.
    Where the hell is Starsky?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  3. #3
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    ...“He’s not ever going to be like a Dale Carnegie or anything like that,” Childress said. “He’s really a pretty miserable lout, and he kind of relishes that role.”...
    lol, still have man-love for Hutchinson.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #4
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson


    Hutch can see the potential, and he knows what it takes to be the best, and he makes everyone around him better. It's that blue collar physical kind of play that is Viking football.

  5. #5
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    With his buddy Matt Birk — Minnesota’s starting center for the past nine seasons — now playing for Baltimore, Hutchinson has by far the most experience and ability on a line with new starters at two of the five spots.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    I love how they build up things like the receiver corp and tear down the O-Line at the same time. Cuz that works. ugh. >


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    "Freya" wrote:
    With his buddy Matt Birk — Minnesota’s starting center for the past nine seasons — now playing for Baltimore, Hutchinson has by far the most experience and ability on a line with new starters at two of the five spots.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    I love how they build up things like the receiver corp and tear down the O-Line at the same time. Cuz that works. ugh. >
    I was wondering the same thing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    152

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    With his buddy Matt Birk — Minnesota’s starting center for the past nine seasons — now playing for Baltimore, Hutchinson has by far the most experience and ability on a line with new starters at two of the five spots.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    I love how they build up things like the receiver corp and tear down the O-Line at the same time. Cuz that works. ugh. >
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Its not a false statement though.
    No one on the Vikings line is at the same level as Hutch.
    That doesn't mean they are bad, just not at the level of the best guard in all of the NFL.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

  8. #8
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    "misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    With his buddy Matt Birk — Minnesota’s starting center for the past nine seasons — now playing for Baltimore, Hutchinson has by far the most experience and ability on a line with new starters at two of the five spots.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    I love how they build up things like the receiver corp and tear down the O-Line at the same time. Cuz that works. ugh. >
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Its not a false statement though.
    No one on the Vikings line is at the same level as Hutch.
    That doesn't mean they are bad, just not at the level of the best guard in all of the NFL.
    I was going to mention some of the blocks he missed last year. But I was afraid he would come to my house and eat my children!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #9
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    He joked upon arrival at training camp that he had only begun growing the beard the night before.
    Uhh...Mr. Journalist...guy?

    He wasn't joking.

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Vikings hearing more from Hutchinson

    Nothing about Hutch helping Sully with line calls huh?

    Maybe the kid doesn't need help, however, lets see what happens during the first pre-season game.
    My guess is he will have to help out at some point.

    If not, mad props to Sully.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hutchinson misses practice for Vikings
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
  2. Vikings O-line struggles even with Hutchinson
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 06:23 AM
  3. Seahawks let Vikings take Hutchinson for $49M
    By PurpleMafia in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2006, 09:59 PM
  4. Vikings sign Steve Hutchinson
    By xvikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 05:28 AM
  5. Vikings Make Contact With Hutchinson
    By Ltrey33 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 10:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •