Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rastak is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings HCs: A myopic view.

"Prophet" wrote:
    The difference is we get to make our progastications for free and since they get paid some people put more credibility into their prognostications. I never really understood that. We have many posters here that can write better articles with more supportive information then we typically see in the normal outlets. Personally, I have more respect for many posters on this board than I do for most of the media hacks. No matter how you slice it though, this is a far reaching guess. Having an owner that isn't afraid of spending the coin and an owner that demands production and holds people accountable are steps in the right direction.
    I completely agree.

Prophet Guest

"Rastak" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    The difference is we get to make our progastications for free and since they get paid some people put more credibility into their prognostications. I never really understood that. We have many posters here that can write better articles with more supportive information then we typically see in the normal outlets. Personally, I have more respect for many posters on this board than I do for most of the media hacks. No matter how you slice it though, this is a far reaching guess. Having an owner that isn't afraid of spending the coin and an owner that demands production and holds people accountable are steps in the right direction.
    I completely agree.
    That sucks. How are we suppose to argue...I mean discuss this then?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    yea, exactly, i hope he ranks above Grant in percentage, but Bud Grant will always be the best coach of the vikings, lets say some where down the line some coach coaches longer, has more wins, brings us some superbowls, etc |(hopefully childress! lol)

yes, he'll be a great coach, but Grant was the first to bring us to glory, so he'll always be our coach <3
    Grant is the best coach so far, and will always be one of the very best. But he was not the first coach to bring us to glory. He was the first coach to bring us in reach of glory. We have yet to have a coach actually get us there. When that happens (notice I said when, not if), that coach will be the greatest ever in my mind.
    I'm pretty sure the Minnesota Vikings are the owners of the 1970 NFL Championship. That's glory to me, buster! :razz:

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

How could you not pick "shithole trifecta"! LOL!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Rastak" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It's to early to judge yet.

I haven't even seen him coach 1 game yet, so I'm certainly not going to predict where I think he will rank in Vikings head coaching history.

Man, no kidding. I wouldn't answer that question even after training camp closes and the preseason ends. Maybe I'd make a guess halfway through the regular season but that would be really early. Give the guy a year and we'll start the guessing.
    Wrong answers. There is no way to determine his long-term success even after a few years. It's pure speculation with so many intangibles nestled within any prediction that any prediction is worthless. Thus the title...a myopic view. The so-called journalists do it all the time except they try to make the allusion that they actually know something about the situation.
    Nope, not the wrong answers. It is an opinion poll, not a poll that can be based on facts along. I can only give an educated guess after seeing what the guy can do on the field of play on a gameday situation. Then I'd at least be able to speculate what the future might unfold.

Also there is no way for me to give a "Myopic view". I'm not Myopic, I'm of German decent. :wink: :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

I'm of German decent.

you and 99.9% of minnesotans

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    I'm of German decent.

you and 99.9% of minnesotans
    A person wouldn't get that impression after watching the movie "Fargo".

That movie stereotyped & scarred Minnesotans deeply.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

haha, no kidding, and to think they won awards for such a "realistic performance"

*sigh*

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    haha, no kidding, and to think they won awards for such a "realistic performance"

*sigh*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123