Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Purple Herring is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    24

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??

    I don't know how anyone can say that one stadia or another is the worst in the NFL unless they have been to all 31 of them!

    In someways this is a pointless discuission (so why am I posting on it - DOH!!!). The organisation already know they need a new stadium which is why they're trying hard to get one.

  2. #22
    NordicNed is online now Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??



    All I know is, when I went to the Dome last Jan., it was a first for me and I actually cried for a second when I took it all in, to me the stadium was beautiful. ;D



    But after watching the show on the NEW Arizona Cardinals stadium on NFL Network yesterday, I'de say the people and team of MN deserve better.
    The new Cardinals stadium looked awesome on the show....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  3. #23
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??

    "Purple" wrote:
    I don't know how anyone can say that one stadia or another is the worst in the NFL unless they have been to all 31 of them!

    In someways this is a pointless discuission (so why am I posting on it - DOH!!!). The organisation already know they need a new stadium which is why they're trying hard to get one.
    Not necessarily true.
    You can check out the stadiums you haven't been to fairly easily.
    I've been to a bunch of stadiums and the HHH is the worse I've been to, by a long shot.
    Sure, I've had some great memories in there (Twinkies WS) and some Vikes games...but a new stadium is long overdue.

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??

    "nickbo" wrote:
    Ah.....The Good Old Days. Saw
    many a game there, freezing my butt off. Loved it


    [img width=320 height=208]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9907/metminqa9.jpg[/img]

    8)
    From that picture, it looks like the fans are a half-a-mile away from the field.

    What was so good about that?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    Boyum is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??



    [/quote]
    Once again a comment by someone that knows nothing of the Vikings or the teams history.
    We didn't go to 4 Super Bowls because we were playing at the Met. We went to 4 Super Bowls because of Bud Grant.
    In fact the rap in those days was that we weren't winning the big one because in Jan we had no place to practice and it put us at a disadvantage.
    Bud used to put the team on a plane and fly to warmer states during the playoffs when the Met was frozen over in order to practice.
    That's why they built the dome.
    In its day the dome was cool.
    Its just old now and too small to make a competitive profit with other teams and venues.
    On the up side I have heard it said that it is maybe the loudest stadium to play in.
    IMO that is more of an advantage than freezing your silliness off at the old met.
    [/quote]

    I don't totally agree with that.
    The Vikings won the NFC 4 times but weren't (IMO) the best team in the NFC all 4 times.
    Bud Grant was a great coach and I do not mean to take anything away from him-but I think there are a couple of factors that enabled teh Vikings to win the NFC when maybe they shouldn't have.

    1) Weak division.
    Look at the NFC Central Division in those days.
    The Vikings were the only team to consistently play +.500 ball.
    Let's face it-the Lions, Bears and Packers made it easy for us in those days.
    There were a few seasons where the Vikings swept the entire division.
    This alone would usually result in the best record in the NFC giving the Vikes HFA throughout the playoffs.

    2) Teams like the Cowboys & Rams would have to fight it out all season to win their division and the result would be they would have to travel to Met Stadium in December to beat the Vikings to go to the Superbowl.
    Let's face it folks-the Vikings were not an easy "W" at that stadium in December no matter who was the better team.

    My conclusion is, the Vikings did make it to the Superbowl because of the Met stadium, the elements and their weak division-meaning that the best team did not always advance to the Superbowl which is proven by our 0-4 record in the big game.


    With that said-I still would prefer an open air facility.

  6. #26
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??

    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "nickbo" wrote:
    Ah.....The Good Old Days. Saw
    many a game there, freezing my butt off. Loved it


    [img width=320 height=208]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9907/metminqa9.jpg[/img]

    8)
    From that picture, it looks like the fans are a half-a-mile away from the field.

    What was so good about that?

    =Z=
    The Met was horrible for views of the field.
    And for at least one of the years, one of the sections was closed because the railings on the third story kept falling off.
    It was a POS, but we all loved it.
    Just like the metrodome has its problems, but I still love it.

    Just because I see the need for a new stadium doesn't mean that I don't love the 'dome.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #27
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Vikings have worst stadium in NFL??

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    The Met was horrible for views of the field.
    And for at least one of the years, one of the sections was closed because the railings on the third story kept falling off.
    It was a POS, but we all loved it.
    Just like the metrodome has its problems, but I still love it.

    Just because I see the need for a new stadium doesn't mean that I don't love the 'dome.
    That's not the discussion, tho!
    I think we all believe a new stadium is needed.
    For me, it's because the Vikings revenue-streams from the MetroDome are the lowest in the league.
    That kind of money is absolutely necessary to remain competitive in the NFL.

    But is the MetroDome the worst in the NFL?
    Well, I've seen games there, FedEx Field in DC, Ravens Stadium in Baltimore, the Vet in Philadelphia and Rich Stadium in Buffalo.
    Based on freezing my ass off in Buffalo, fearing for my life in Philadelphia, being surrounded by empty seats in DC and being assaulted by wind off the bay in Baltimore, I kinda like being inside the Dome during the freezing days of December.

    How quickly people forget how loud the Dome can be - and how many false starts that kind of noise can produce.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings worst in NFL for false starts
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 09:40 AM
  2. Top 5, Best and Worst Vikings #1 Picks
    By vikesoto in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 08:56 PM
  3. It's the Vikings worst nightmare!!
    By sweetness34 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 01:58 AM
  4. Vikings worst team in the NFL rumor??
    By WBLVikeBabe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 12:25 AM
  5. Worst Ref Mistakes In Vikings History
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •