Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    duvaldomo is offline Coach

Re: Vikings have new faces, but the right ones?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    IF TJack can connect with his new WRs on a regular basis, our offense will ROCK!!!
    The rest of the Vikings offense is golden!

On defense, if our back seven can get it together on passing downs, and get some help via the pass rush, our defense could be dominant as well.

All in all, we could suck or we could be a very good team...I think that mistakes, or lack thereof, will define our success or failure...I don't see us at 8-8...it will be either boom or bust this season!
    I agree, If we can get it together we will win about 10 games regardless of schedual ( I think). But if we cant get it together this year we have a tough schedual also I can see us winning about 5-6 at the most.

Ranger is offline Coach

I think it's pretty unrealistic to expect the Vikes to be a ten win team.
    There's a tremendous load laid across the shoulders of TJ and the receiving crew, two positions that are notoriously difficult on players making the transition from college ball to professional ball.
    Three years for both positions to come into their own, typically.

If one of the receivers can establish himself as a deep threat, it would help the offense tremendously (obviously).
    Defenses would be less prone to stacking the line against the running game, which would help keep our backs fresh and would increase the YPC.
    IF the receivers step up and IF TJ makes intelligent plays, we might win seven or so games this year.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:

There's a tremendous load laid across the shoulders of TJ and the receiving crew, two positions that are notoriously difficult on players making the transition from college ball to professional ball.

If one of the receivers can establish himself as a deep threat, it would help the offense tremendously (obviously).

Defenses would be less prone to stacking the line against the running game, which would help keep our backs fresh and would increase the YPC.

IF the receivers step up and IF TJ makes intelligent plays, we might win seven or so games this year.
    If that happens we should win at least 10 games this year.
    That's the big "IF" of this year's team.
    They won 6 last year with the WRs sucking.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

It's two "IF's" & a "might". He pretty muched covered his ass is all.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ranger is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

It's two "IF's" & a "might".
    He pretty muched covered his jiggly butt is all.
    Not covering at all, just trying to lay out the best case scenario for us.
    Personally, I think it's going to be a painful season if you're wanting to see a lot of "W"s in the books.
    However, I'm thinking that even losing a lot of games, the flashes of potential will be awesome.

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

It's two "IF's" & a "might". He pretty muched covered his jiggly butt is all.
    He basically stated "it's pretty unrealistic to expect the Vikes to be a ten win team".
    Everyone could say "If" and "might" but if you take last year and those ifs and mights weren't there and we won 6 games.
    So "if" those things do happen there is no reason they don't win 10 games this year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

He basically stated "it's pretty unrealistic to expect the Vikes to be a ten win team".
    Everyone could say "If" and "might" but if you take last year and those ifs and mights weren't there and we won 6 games.
    So "if" those things do happen there is no reason they don't win 10 games this year.
    That's my point.

Anyone can predict a high win lose ratio if they throw in some "if's".

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

That's my point.

Anyone can predict a high win lose ratio if they throw in some "if's".
    Absolutely.
    I totally agree with that.
    What I was trying to point out and I don't think it came out right, is we won 6 games without those ifs so winning 10 games is actually realistic

Llamarama is offline Waterboy

To quote Mitch Hedberg:

They either loved us or hated us.
    Or they thought we were just ok.

Ranger is offline Coach

haha, alright

I see us finishing around . 500 this year.
    The schedule is more difficult, but we should be a better team.
    I'll go on the books and say 7-9.
    Anybody wanna put up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12