Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings have the leverage, not Percy

It is time we accept the fact that Harvin wants out of Minny. I get it, I don't agree with it, but I get it.

However, Harvin needs to realize that the Vikings still have more leverage in this game. Many people will think that Harvin has the power because he is a great athlete who obviously wants out. But he is digging himself a hole with his antics.

I imagine that the Vikings have their price, probably a second round pick with a couple of second day picks thrown in. Harvin also has his price, reportedly Megatron or Fitz money. In order for him to be traded, he needs to find a team that is willing to both pay him what he wants as well as pay the Vikings what they want.

I don't know if that team is out there.

That means that either the Vikings need to lower their price, or Percy needs to lower his. The Vikings have zero reason to lower theirs. If Harvin isn't traded, he is still under contract with the Vikings. How he performs in that final year will go a BIG way toward what his payday will look like in the ensuing FA. If he holds out not only will he be sending a message to prospective teams, but he is also pissing off the only team that has the power to put him on the field.

Harvin isn't an idiot. He is childish, but not an idiot. And one good thing that can be said about him is that he gives it his all every game. So the way I see it, either the Vikings get an extra second round pick +, or they get a Percy Harvin who is going to work his ass off to put in the best season of his career.

Either way the Vikings win.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Don't kid yourself, Harvin has nearly 7000 APY in 4 years, 29 TD's in a weak passing offense and an AP dominated league and has 3 100 plus yard return TD's and a 95. There IS a market for a guy like that and we will get a good trade in return for him from a team that needs an all purpose threat.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

I imagine that the Vikings have their price, probably a second round pick with a couple of second day picks thrown in. Harvin also has his price, reportedly Megatron or Fitz money. In order for him to be traded, he needs to find a team that is willing to both pay him what he wants as well as pay the Vikings what they want.
    I must be missing something here. Since when does he need to find a team that is "willing pay him what he wants" have to happen in order for him to be traded?

The Vikings own his contract & trade rights. Unless there's some clause in the contract I don't know about, the Vikings can trade him for whatever they want, even if the team he's being dealt to picks up the remainder of his contract at the same salary it's at.

He may not show up at there camp, but if a team wants to take that risk, the trade happens.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-11-2013 at 06:48 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

You can say what you want about us not renewing his contract last August, but I feel Spielman should have done it.

Instead as it plays out, my hunch is that he'll end up on another team & get paid in the same range we would have paid him anyway.

Meanwhile we end up with a second round pick that won't net us a WR that is even close to Harvin's ability ala Troy Williamson

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

I must be missing something here. Since when does he need to find a team that is "willing pay him what he wants" have to happen in order for him to be traded?

The Vikings own his contract & trade rights. Unless there's some clause in the contract I don't know about, the Vikings can trade him for whatever they want, even if the team he's being dealt to picks up the remainder of his contract at the same salary it's at.

He may not show up at there camp, but if a team wants to take that risk, the trade happens.
    I believe the point is that a team is not going to trade for him unless they can sign him to a contract and if he wants more than what they can pay a trade is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I believe the point is that a team is not going to trade for him unless they can sign him to a contract and if he wants more than what they can pay a trade is unlikely.
    When all is said & done, my guess is he get paids in the same range we would have paid him anyway.

Hell Carlson got $25 mil for 5 years. I'll go out on a limb & say Harvin's twice as good as Carlson.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Well it looks like Harvin will more than likely get what he wants, and the Vikings have to be pleased with what they got.

Vikings have the leverage, not Percy

Nice 2 young wr s gone in 4 yrs
    Rice and Percy
    Spielman is an ass
    But hey we have Punder
    Nice
    None

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    Nice 2 young wr s gone in 4 yrs
    Rice and Percy
    Spielman is an ass
    But hey we have Punder
    Nice
    I'll nominate that for one of the worst posts I've seen so far this season.

This trade was a win for the Vikings.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Well it looks like Harvin will more than likely get what he wants, and the Vikings have to be pleased with what they got.
    It remains to be seen what Harvin's contract looks like, but I am willing bet that it isn't Megatron money.

The Seattle fans are pissed BTW.. lmao. Vikings FTW!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast