Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think the LB blitz's were way overused in that game based on their effectiveness. I think we would have been better off staying with only the front 4 more often.

The pressure from the front 4 wasn't that much different than when we sent the LB's what seemed like every single down. Made it way too easy for San Diego and Rivers to simply dump off in the LB zones.
    Good stuff my friend.

It wasn't so much that they used them as much as they did, it was how terrible they are at disguising it when they do.

Just once I'd love to see a blitz come out of this staff that you don't know is coming. Last one I saw was a double CB blitz last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Good stuff my friend.

It wasn't so much that they used them as much as they did, it was how terrible they are at disguising it when they do.

Just once I'd love to see a blitz come out of this staff that you don't know is coming. Last one I saw was a double CB blitz last year.

The reason for the ineffectiveness may very well be because we don't disguise them well. I doubt that will be fixed live in a game, so just throttle down on it a bit and see if our base cover 2 can be effective.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I really don't see how Benny Sapp would make our defense any better. Our corners looked great last week. I think they got a lot better over the offseason. No thanks Benny. We had the chance at Kelvin Hayden. He was the only guy in FA that I thought would be a good fit here.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I really don't see how Benny Sapp would make our defense any better. Our corners looked great last week. I think they got a lot better over the offseason. No thanks Benny. We had the chance at Kelvin Hayden. He was the only guy in FA that I thought would be a good fit here.
    I would have him back here, he is a certain upgrade over Asher Allen!.. arguably Chris Cook too, Benny was physical which people moaned about the penalties but Cook did a nice Benny impression against SD with the penalties!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    I would have him back here, he is a certain upgrade over Asher Allen!.. arguably Chris Cook too, Benny was physical which people moaned about the penalties but Cook did a nice Benny impression against SD with the penalties!
    Cook was awesome against the Chargers. His only penalty was a ticky-tack pass interference call. Cedric Griffin was the one with the late hit personal foul. I agree that Sapp may be better than Asher Allen, but no way is he an upgrade over Cook. Cook has the potential to be a great corner for us.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Cook was awesome against the Chargers. His only penalty was a ticky-tack pass interference call. Cedric Griffin was the one with the late hit personal foul. I agree that Sapp may be better than Asher Allen, but no way is he an upgrade over Cook. Cook has the potential to be a great corner for us.
    I'm not sold on Cook, he looked great before getting injured last year, and when he came back, he sucked, flat out. He may have still have been injured so I do give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but yeah, not ready to crown him just yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    I'm not sold on Cook, he looked great before getting injured last year, and when he came back, he sucked, flat out. He may have still have been injured so I do give him the benefit of the doubt on that, but yeah, not ready to crown him just yet.
    I'm not necessarily crowning him. But Benny Sapp is 30 years old. His best days are behind him. Chris Cook is a better corner, and has a LOT more potential. And he is finally starting to play to the the level of where we drafted him. He reminds me a lot of Cedric Griffin, development wise. Cedric was AWFUL for us when he first started playing. And he just kept improving every year. And now Cedric is a very solid #2 for us. There will come a time when Winny finally retires and Cook will have to take Cedric's #2 spot when Cedric has to step up and take our #1 spot. Thank god we have a lot of time before that has to happen! They both have a lot of time to keep developing and get better.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Let's wait until we play our divisional teams before we go crowning our CB's.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Let's wait until we play our divisional teams before we go crowning our CB's.
    Again, not crowning lol. I know Aaron Rodgers is going to absolutely embarrass our secondary. Look at what he did to the Saints secondary. Which is much better than ours. Although I felt a lot better about missing out on Patrick Robinson after seeing what Rodgers did to him last week. I'm just extremely happy about the development. I think Leslie is going to keep doing a great job of developing our corners. He did such an awesome job of that here in Indianapolis with their Cover 2 corners. Our secondary needs lots of work. That being said, all we can do is continue to develop and get better. Asher is the only lost cause we have. Cedric Griffin and Chris Cook have the potential to be great corners for us eventually. I think we need to acquire a new safety or two, but I am pretty comfortable with our personnel at CB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12