Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Have Inquired About Benny Sapp

Vikings Have Inquired About Benny Sapp

When last we saw Benny Sapp he was getting stiff-armed into oblivion by Wes Welker during Welkerís 99-yard touchdown catch-and-run on Monday night. After that debacle, it didnít take the Dolphins long to decide Sappís services were no longer required.
    It took only five seconds more for Viking fans to call for the team to pick up Sapp

http://thevikingage.com/2011/09/15/v...ut-benny-sapp/

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Typically when a team cuts a player during the season for lack of production, it's not advisable to pursue that player, unless their is dire need.

Especially when your efforts should be spent trying to find a WR that'll take the top off the defense.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Typically when a team cuts a player during the season for lack of production, it's not advisable to pursue that player, unless their is dire need.

Especially when your efforts should be spent trying to find a WR that'll take the top off the defense.
    Amen.

"Take the top off the defense, it's what i do.." - Randy Moss

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm seeing a re-occuring theme here.

On a side note, the last thing we need to do is fix our CB position. Those boys did a pretty damn good job of shutting down the Chargers vaunted "High Flying" deep attack.

What they need to be doing is finding a 0 tech NT that collapse a pocket so that the QB doens't have all day long to a) Watch the CB's cover the deep threats, and b) check it down to the RB and TE (2nd and 3rd reads).

As we saw last year, our ability to make a QB uncomfortable is off to a slow start, even though JA and Rob gave it their all last week. All we need is a "Warpig" in the middle to take that pocket (1 or 2 step forward) away so that the QB can't evade the DE's.

On a side note, go look at were Rob and JA did the most damage. It wasn't on moves that got them in and around the QB deep in the pocket my friends. It was when they made moves that them to the QB up in front of the pocket.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I'm seeing a re-occuring theme here.

On a side note, the last thing we need to do is fix our CB position. Those boys did a pretty damn good job of shutting down the Chargers vaunted "High Flying" deep attack.

What they need to be doing is finding a 0 tech NT that collapse a pocket so that the QB doens't have all day long to a) Watch the CB's cover the deep threats, and b) check it down to the RB and TE (2nd and 3rd reads).

As we saw last year, our ability to make a QB uncomfortable is off to a slow start, even though JA and Rob gave it their all last week. All we need is a "Warpig" in the middle to take that pocket (1 or 2 step forward) away so that the QB can't evade the DE's.

On a side note, go look at were Rob and JA did the most damage. It wasn't on moves that got them in and around the QB deep in the pocket my friends. It was when they made moves that them to the QB up in front of the pocket.
    I was actually pretty happy with our CBs last week. Even Cook looked decent... which was weird...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I was actually pretty happy with our CBs last week. Even Cook looked decent... which was weird...
    I completely agree. Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, but I thought we did a good job of containment.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    He did have a couple of bonehead plays but that happens, and is expected.

Again, pressure on the QB is imperative in this scheme. Heck , the one INT Whinny got was a direct result of pressure on the QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I completely agree. Rivers is one of the best QBs in the league, but I thought we did a good job of containment.
    What irked me more than our DT's being unable to collapse a pocket was how we used our LB'rs.

The way we mug the line and show blitz without disguising it just drives me nutz.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    What irked me more than our DT's being unable to collapse a pocket was how we used our LB'rs.

The way we mug the line and show blitz without disguising it just drives me nutz.
    I think the LB blitz's were way overused in that game based on their effectiveness. I think we would have been better off staying with only the front 4 more often.

The pressure from the front 4 wasn't that much different than when we sent the LB's what seemed like every single down. Made it way too easy for San Diego and Rivers to simply dump off in the LB zones.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Oh yea, and just say no to Benny. We have our share of Benny's already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast