Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings have ingredients for explosive offense

"jorgie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings have ingredients for explosive offense[/size]

Pending the impact of rookie Percy Harvin and the chemistry between the quarterback and the receivers, this Vikings team has the ingredients to be an explosive offense.

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]
    Updated: 08/05/2009 07:44:38 AM CDT
    Did uyou notice? Percy's contract was rejecyted by the NFL.
    yeah, They said likely the issue was bad wording in the contract.
    Its not keeping him out of camp, I'd expect it will be cleared up in the next couple of days.... either that or Rob is really getting too creative with those clauses in the contracts...

Actually, now that I think about it, its probably something involving a substance abuse clause

Json is offline GM

Its not keeping him out of camp, I'd expect it will be cleared up in the next couple of days.... either that or Rob is really getting too creative with those clauses in the contracts...

Actually, now that I think about it, its probably something involving a substance abuse clause Wink
    After the poison pill scenario, I have "straight" man love for our boy Robby!

Blog Entries

"Json" wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, its probably something involving a substance abuse clause Wink
    until that backfired with us on Burleson and sent us to Offensive hell for the next couple of seasons.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

until that backfired with us on Burleson and sent us to Offensive hell for the next couple of seasons.

Hahaha

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

The offense needed way more than Burleson back then, he didn't exactly light the world on fire in Seattle and they have a QB.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Yea?
    What has Burleson done since?

P.S., Harvin's contract has already been fixed

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Blog Entries

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Yea?

that offense as a hwole has done nothing.

Burleson was playing well for us, whene he left, we had Robinson, which would have been fine except he got busted for DUI, which left us with nobody.
    You can't pretend losing Burleson was a good thing.

p.s. did you hear what the issue with harvin's contract was?

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Yea?

Burleson was playing well for us, whene he left, we had Robinson, which would have been fine except he got busted for DUI, which left us with nobody.

Oh I know, I was hoping Burleson was going to be a stud, with Robinson as a #2 guy.
    Either way, both are pretty much done w/ their careers now.

The Harvin thing was no big deal, just a small itty bitty thingy

In other developments today, the NFL approved the deal between the Vikings and Harvin after the two sides tweaked the five-year contract signed by the first-round draft pick.

Earlier this week, the NFL Management Council had disapproved the contract because of a minor issue that violated the collective bargaining agreement, but the Vikings and Harvin's agent, Joel Segal, quickly resolved the matter. The issue didn't keep Harvin from the practice field.

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Yea?

We atleast got a 3rd round pick for compensation, which we used to aquire Tjack.
    Burleson did catch 9td 694yds in only 12 games in 07 plus caught 10 passes for 97 yards in the playoffs. In 08 he was having a great season opener(5catches 60yards 1td) before being injured for the season. He's only 27 and I suspect he will have a good season in 09. His biggest problem is health.

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Json" wrote:

Yea?

We atleast got a 3rd round pick for compensation, which we used to aquire Tjack.
    Burleson did catch 9td 694yds in only 12 games in 07 plus caught 10 passes for 97 yards in the playoffs. In 08 he was having a great season opener(5catches 60yards 1td) before being injured for the season. He's only 27 and I suspect he will have a good season in 09. His biggest problem is health.
    Or.. you could just me trash talk him because he's a Seahawk and they stole him and T.J.

Jerk.

- Dan Calabrese

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast