Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    Just because I am already anxious for football season to start, I went ahead and found a youtube video of the Vikigns team introductions to get my blood pumping.
    Listen to the crowd, the energy, the excitement!
    [youtube=425,350]yBNysKVzRDk[/youtube]

    That got me thinking... what are the introductions like in other NFCN stadiums.
    Well, I am here to tell you that they pale in comparison.

    Lions:
    [youtube=425,350]HKdSWEVEeBE[/youtube]
    I think there were about 1000 fans total in the stands.
    As one comment stated, "When they do the "Lions roar" it sounds like a giant toilet flushing!"

    Packers
    [youtube=425,350]d1q6w65ha3w[/youtube]
    I think some of the fans fell asleep during the intros.
    It was that quiet.
    When is the last time you were able to talk to the person next to you in a normal voice during the Vikings intro?

    Bears
    [youtube=425,350]dg4NdBAJMAM[/youtube]
    At least the fans get into it here.
    Almost as good as the Vikes, but then again this is the first game of 2007, when they were straight off from a super bowl appearance.
    I expected better.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    Thanks Nodak.
    I am now ready for opening kick-off.

  3. #3
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    I was ready for football season to start February 4th

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    California
    Posts
    103

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    Bears were louder
    :-X
    Too much talent

  5. #5
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    Yes it gets my blood pumping to thanks. But to look at it half full/half empty doesn't the fact that we have a closed stadium amplify the noise more? I am asking because I really don't know, nit to be a smart ass. But I really thought that was always a huge factor in the noise level in the dome but I have honestly never seen any scientific proof of that either(But I also never looked)

  6. #6
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    That was ok..
    But I remember the season opener in 2000, in the Dome versus the Bears.
    We had lower upper deck seats, about 30-35 yard line behind the opposing teams bench.
    If you remember, that was the game where Daunte Culpepper first started, and ran for like 3 TDs.
    Or something like that.

    Anyways, I remember the defense got introduced, and that place was jamming.
    Only other time I remember the Dome being louder and more electric was in '98.
    Johnny Randle's intro was the biggest pop.
    Awesome.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    "gabe_menendez" wrote:
    Bears were louder
    :-X
    That is debatable.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    Fun stuff!
    The excitement right before the game is always incredible.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    "Garland" wrote:
    Yes it gets my blood pumping to thanks. But to look at it half full/half empty doesn't the fact that we have a closed stadium amplify the noise more? I am asking because I really don't know, nit to be a smart jiggly butt. But I really thought that was always a huge factor in the noise level in the dome but I have honestly never seen any scientific proof of that either(But I also never looked)
    Actually Seattle has one of the "loudest" stadiums in the NFL and I believe Quest field is open??
    An open air stadium can still be loud if it's designed with acoustics in mind.
    I'm hoping when the Vikes get their new stadium they will work extensively with audio engineers to design it to be as loud as possible.
    Nothing gets the fans and players more excited then a lot of crowd noise and lord knows it messed with the other teams signal calling.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  10. #10
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,408

    Re: Vikings have the BEST team introductions!

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    Actually Seattle has one of the "loudest" stadiums in the NFL and I believe Quest field is open??
    An open air stadium can still be loud if it's designed with acoustics in mind. I'm hoping when the Vikes get their new stadium they will work extensively with audio engineers to design it to be as loud as possible.
    Nothing gets the fans and players more excited then a lot of crowd noise and lord knows it messed with the other teams signal calling.
    I hope we at least have somewhere to play, much less "audio engineers"... I'd take a giant tent at this point:

    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are the Vikings an Old Team?
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 06:21 PM
  2. Vikings Team Report 03/18/08
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
  3. Vikings | Team still has cap flexibility
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
  4. 98 Vikings - Third Best Team ever?
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 05:50 PM
  5. INTRODUCTIONS
    By triedandtruevikesfan in forum Free Beer!
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 08:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •