Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Petterson will be great as a punt returner. However there are almost no kick retruns anymore in the NFL since they moved the kick off line up. Mostly you just practice catching the ball deep in the end zone or watch it sail out the back. I noticed a lot of comments about him being a kick return ST guy but that is less important these days. If Goodell gets his way there will be no kick offs just a start on the 20.

WWBGD

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Certainly wouldn't have anything to do with Harvin being out for those 5 of those 6 games Cook was out or Ponder averaging only 130yds/game & .67 TD's per game over that spell.
    Harvin and Ponder don't play defense. AJ Jefferson/Marcus Sherels < Chris Cook.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    He also has the potential to be the next Troy Williamson or Mike Williams.
    Now you're just trolling

Sure... and he has the potential to be the next Barack Obama or Kenny Rogers. Anything's possible, right?

Anyways, having just drafted the player who out of every player in the draft has the best potential to be like Julio Jones or even better is a nice beginning.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Harvin and Ponder don't play defense. AJ Jefferson/Marcus Sherels < Chris Cook.

=Z=
    Cook is better than Jefferson or Sherels, but to claim our season went south just because of defensive play [Cook] is crazy talk. Ponder's poor play over that spell, plus losing Harvin was a big reason for our season going south.

Again, Cook's 4 tackles & 0 passes defensed after he returned is not the reason our season turned around. He wasn't even playing for 2 of those last 4 wins.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Cook is better than Jefferson or Sherels, but to claim our season went south just because of defensive play [Cook] is crazy talk. Ponder's poor play over that spell, plus losing Harvin was a big reason for our season going south.

Again, Cook's 4 tackles & 0 passes defensed after he returned is not the reason our season turned around. He wasn't even playing for 2 of those last 4 wins.
    +1

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

As I recall, once Cook came back, opposing teams stopped throwing at his side of the field.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    As I recall, once Cook came back, opposing teams stopped throwing at his side of the field.

=Z=
    I think thats something that gets over looked with db, like take a look at Winfield yeah he is a great tackler and did make some key stops in the run game for a loss but he also make many tackles for passes that happened against him as well

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I think it is too early to say we are going to have the best draft. I think some of the high picking team, may beat us. However, based on draft position. I would say yes. However, I want us to get rid of those 7ths and 6th... Trade up into the 4th and stockpile this team with additional players. Instead of wasting picks on players we will only end up cutting.

Flair Hay is offline Rookie
    Count me in the camp that wants Chris Cook re-signed. The guy makes some errors but overall he is a pretty good, still improving (slowly) corner. I'd say when he's on the field he is a top 20 corner. Around there anyway. His stat line isn't big and he's not too versatile but he does his main job really well - lock down his WR.

As he gets more experience (hopefully he stays healthy this year) he will make better reads more consistently. He's nothing special but he fits Spielman's MO of resigning their own homegrown talent. The team has invested and put up with a lot from him. If he can stay on the field and we can keep him for an affordable price he'll be able justify the trouble the team put up with for us. Reminds me of Cedric Griffin as a player. Definitely the calibre of player that you keep around for a second contract IMO.

If Patterson can take steps slowly to becoming a star reciever this team could be legitimately looking at another Super Bowl run for February 2015. This year I'm sure there'll be some growing pains but AD and the defense will keep us in most games. Here's to hoping Ponder is up to the task...

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Vikings Have Best Draft Of 2013

Point is... Vikes drafted three guys in the first three rounds that will make significant contributions to the Team. They will all be counted on to do what they do...read the Scouting Reports, you have access. By all measures, and, by virtually every expert, the Vikes kicked ass. Yes, it is too early to claim victory with this Draft. But, like the experts, and some of my friends in the business...our Team, and the FO delivered. It is now up to the Draft choices to do the same.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567