Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    1. Yes, that's expected at a position where so small margins of errors can cause huge effects. One inch on an error can be the difference between a INT or a big touchdown.

2. Yes, and I accept how our scheme is designed in a way to hinder big plays as opposed to a high risk, high reward defense. However, after personally watching Chris Cook miss on easy interceptions on more than a few occasion is getting annoying. He has been in the NFL for three seasons now, and he has ZERO interceptions. That's just awful, even in our system. Josh Robinson who was drafted last year and played in very limited snaps has TWO interceptions and only 20-something less tackles than Cook has had in THREE seasons. Enough said!

3. Yes, probably.

4. How much more chances should we give this guy? Three seasons is a lot of chances. Like I said, I'm not opposed to trade Chris Cook for a late second or even early third. Teams see that he has potential so we might get that much value from him.
    Atleast a full contract. Look, he is making errors because he is learning on the field. If he was watching from the bench it would be a completely different story.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Atleast a full contract. Look, he is making errors because he is learning on the field. If he was watching from the bench it would be a completely different story.
    Harrison Smith doesn't appear to have much problem learning on the field & he's only been here 1 year, not 3.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Safety is not as hard to learn as QB.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Harrison Smith doesn't appear to have much problem learning on the field & he's only been here 1 year, not 3.
    Are you going to try to tell me Smitty didn't have some bad gaffs last year or that he was some sort of ball hawk when he got his 3 INT's....

Standing back deep in the zone and was given an INT because of a bad throw.

Minnesota Vikings DB Harrison Smith pick six - NFL Videos

Same thing vs Cards.....Up against the line and the benifit of pressure on the QB resulting in a mistake.

Vikings safety Harrison Smith has the luck of the Irish - NFL Videos
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Safety is not as hard to learn as QB.
    Of course not.

That's why we aren't comparing Smith to Ponder.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Of course not.

That's why we aren't comparing Smith to Ponder.
    We're not? Pretty sure you brought him up.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Are you going to try to tell me Smitty didn't have some bad gaffs last year or that he was some sort of ball hawk when he got his 3 INT's....

Standing back deep in the zone and was given an INT because of a bad throw.

Minnesota Vikings DB Harrison Smith pick six - NFL Videos

Same thing vs Cards.....Up against the line and the benifit of pressure on the QB resulting in a mistake.

Vikings safety Harrison Smith has the luck of the Irish - NFL Videos
    Not saying he was fault free. He is a rookie for cripes sake. How many gaffs can you find by Cook last year? Granted he hasn't played 3 full seasons, but should be playing better.

Now wait until Smith has played 2-3 years & tell me who's the better impact player for his position.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Look Marrdro, I'm not completely willing to give up on Chris Cook either. I like his upside even considering his complete lack of ball-skills. The thing is that moving on with Chris Cook is about as safe as drafting a MLB in the third round. And linebacker was a bigger need than CB even before we drafted Rhodes at CB.(

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Look Marrdro, I'm not completely willing to give up on Chris Cook either. I like his upside even considering his complete lack of ball-skills. The thing is that moving on with Chris Cook is about as safe as drafting a MLB in the third round. And linebacker was a bigger need than CB even before we drafted Rhodes at CB.(
    Gotcha, lets not forget, there is a flip side to this......

A draft deep deep deep in CB's. What team would give up draft picks for Cook?

Not saying he was fault free. He is a rookie for cripes sake. How many gaffs can you find by Cook last year? Granted he hasn't played 3 full seasons, but should be playing better.

Now wait until Smith has played 2-3 years & tell me who's the better impact player for his position.
    Well your initial comment led me to believe he was fault free. Guess what, in 2 to 3 years, he will still be making mistakes my friend. He will.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast