Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I like the Patterson pick, just found it amusing they felt he would be contributing right away on ST and not at the WR position. I think they'll try and get him involved as a WR sooner than people think.

Didn't like reading he was a body catcher though....

Cordarrelle Patterson Draft Profile
    CBS sports and more importantly, "Ourlads" say the exact opposite.

He is a natural hands-catcher, but will have some concentration lapses and drop some easy ones, running before securing the reception.
    Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

Will he catch a few in his body? Sure he does, but I think that is a result of him just making the catch on a ball thrown to a spot and him not being at the right spot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Playing full-time receiver AND
    get a couple of hand-offs AND
    return punts AND
    return kicks
    in every game
    is a bit much to ask.
    I don't, considering we gave up 4 picks for him.

For our 2nd rounder we got a WR. For our 3rd rounder we got a RB. For our 4th rounder we got a kick returner & for our 7th rounder we got a punt returner.

J/K of course!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    We addressed three of the biggest holes in our lineup with three immediate impact players. You can't ask for a much better first round than that. I am still concerned about what we are going to do at MLB, but that is my only major concern left now. I wonder if we start looking harder at Urlacher or Dansby now.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    We addressed three of the biggest holes in our lineup with three immediate impact players. You can't ask for a much better first round than that. I am still concerned about what we are going to do at MLB, but that is my only major concern left now. I wonder if we start looking harder at Urlacher or Dansby now.
    I never put much credence into the URPACKER rumors. How can he come in and learn a new system if he can't practice?

I think we will see them bring in a OB and move Erin inside to the Mike and use one of our remaining picks on another development guy if they don't think Cole is going to keep getting better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Rhodes was drafted to play opposite of Cook, not open the door to get rid of him. Rob will move inside to the nickle and AJ will provide depth when/if one of them gets hurt.
    That sounds good, my friend. Very good indeed.
    That sounds like a dream secondary to me. Two big and fast corners to cover the big guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson on the outside. While blazing-fast Robinson to cover the quick slot-receivers like Cobb on the inside. Looks like we are tailor made to face the Packers the next ten seasons.

Still.. I'm less than impressed of Chris Cook. I think he definitely has the talent to be a very good corner in this though division, but he's just not consistent and never seems to be able to play even close to a full season. He's had plenty of chances, but disappoints every year. Plus, I don't even remember seeing him make ONE interception. Is it just me?

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    For our 2nd rounder we got a WR. For our 3rd rounder we got a RB. For our 4th rounder we got a kick returner & for our 7th rounder we got a punt returner.

J/K of course!
    Haha good one though! I smiled.

Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    That sounds good, my friend. Very good indeed.
    That sounds like a dream secondary to me. Two big and fast corners to cover the big guys like James Jones and Jordy Nelson on the outside. While blazing-fast Robinson to cover the quick slot-receivers like Cobb on the inside. Looks like we are tailor made to face the Packers the next ten seasons.

Still.. I'm less than impressed of Chris Cook. I think he definitely has the talent to be a very good corner in this though division, but he's just not consistent and never seems to be able to play even close to a full season. He's had plenty of chances, but disappoints every year. Plus, I don't even remember seeing him make ONE interception. Is it just me?
    Two things....(probably more really)

1. He is young yet. That means he will make mistakes as he learns. Rhodes will do the same thing watch. It just happens.

2. In our scheme INT's only come if the QB makes a bad throw or the ball gets tipped. The emphasis is to not give up the big play after the catch.

3. I am 100% convinced that alot of our DB injury concerns are a direct result of them having to support the run so much. Ole Purple Floyd JR is going to help alleviate some of that.

4. As Cook gets reps, he will learn how to protect himself a bit more. That also will help with the injuries.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    I never put much credence into the URPACKER rumors. How can he come in and learn a new system if he can't practice?

I think we will see them bring in a OB and move Erin inside to the Mike and use one of our remaining picks on another development guy if they don't think Cole is going to keep getting better.
    Agreed: I love Sio Moore as a mid round pick. I watched him play at UConn, they had a top 10 defense this year and Sio was a big part of it. He dominated the combine. Sio Moore Draft Profile

Quote Originally Posted by ConnecticutViking View Post
    Agreed: I love Sio Moore as a mid round pick. I watched him play at UConn, they had a top 10 defense this year and Sio was a big part of it. He dominated the combine. Sio Moore Draft Profile
    I have him rated pretty high as well, problem is, not as a first day starter. Like Audie, your just drafting a kid to develop. We need a starter.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Two things....(probably more really)

1. He is young yet. That means he will make mistakes as he learns. Rhodes will do the same thing watch. It just happens.

2. In our scheme INT's only come if the QB makes a bad throw or the ball gets tipped. The emphasis is to not give up the big play after the catch.

3. I am 100% convinced that alot of our DB injury concerns are a direct result of them having to support the run so much. Ole Purple Floyd JR is going to help alleviate some of that.

4. As Cook gets reps, he will learn how to protect himself a bit more. That also will help with the injuries.
    1. Yes, that's expected at a position where so small margins of errors can cause huge effects. One inch on an error can be the difference between a INT or a big touchdown.

2. Yes, and I accept how our scheme is designed in a way to hinder big plays as opposed to a high risk, high reward defense. However, after personally watching Chris Cook miss on easy interceptions on more than a few occasion is getting annoying. He has been in the NFL for three seasons now, and he has ZERO interceptions. That's just awful, even in our system. Josh Robinson who was drafted last year and played in very limited snaps has TWO interceptions and only 20-something less tackles than Cook has had in THREE seasons. Enough said!

3. Yes, probably.

4. How much more chances should we give this guy? Three seasons is a lot of chances. Like I said, I'm not opposed to trade Chris Cook for a late second or even early third. Teams see that he has potential so we might get that much value from him.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast