Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Petterson has the potential to be the next Julio Jones. If you feel real good about a player then you have to take chances! And to me, giving up a few mid-round picks for a Julio Jones is definitely worth it.
    A half dozen players have the potential to be Julio Jones. I hope Patterson is the real deal, but day two looks like a value day, and the Vikings will be out of it barring a trade of future picks.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    For those interested in tomorrow's draft day options for trading up, here is my breakdown:

Available ammunition: (according to the official chart: Walters Football Site: NFL Draft Value Chart )
    --------------------------------------------

Rd 4 - #23(120) - 54 points
    Rd 5 - #22(155) - 29.4 points
    Rd 6 - #21(189) - 15.8 points
    Rd 7 - #7(213) - 6.2 points
    Rd 7 - #8(214) - 5.8 points
    --------------------------------------------------------

Value of:

2nd Round:

1st pick in the round (#33): 580 points
    Last pick in the round (#64): 270 points

3rd Round:

1st pick in the round (#65): 265 points
    Last pick in the round (#96): 115 points

Conclusion:

With a package of 4(120),5(155),6(189), we would get a combined 99.2 points. Not even enough to get us into the end of the THIRD round. Kiss those linebackers goodbye, unless we decide to trade picks for next season. It would take a very high pick in next season's draft to get us anywhere near the action tomorrow. Not complaining! A+ draft. I just think we will end up picking up our MLB in FA. Gut says Urlacher.

Second Look:

At second glance I think I found a couple Spielman-esque moves that we could pull tomorrow. We don't have enough to get into the 2nd, but we may try to trade up in the 4th round if someone we like slips into the topside. Our first pick on day two isn't until 120, so I could see us moving to around 101 to 103 (96-88 points). Right in our range to stay out of our draft picks next year. Maybe trade 4,5,6 for a high 4? Just an idea. Maybe a guy like Bostic is there at 101?
    Last edited by MulletMullitia; 04-26-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Has Karlos Dansby signed anywhere yet? Would he not fit the bill for a couple years?
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikefanman2000 View Post
    Has Karlos Dansby signed anywhere yet? Would he not fit the bill for a couple years?
    I would love that! Not sure we can afford him though.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Patterson does have nice open field ability for a big guy, but I worry about his hands and routes. Jennings could teach him about routes.

Karlos Dansby would be a nice pick up, but he was cut for cap space as much as age. Dansby wants prime time cash for a past prime body. He can still perform, but he is not a long term solution.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I hope we trade Chris Cook for a early third round pick. He just can't stay on the field and we have Xavier Rhodes as his perfect replacement as he's very similar, minus the character and durability issues. Plus there's alot of good corners that will be available in day 3. Here's me hoping our starting lineup in 2013 will feature Josh Robinson and Rhodes on the outside and Tyrann Mathieu or Jordan Poyer in the nickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    A half dozen players have the potential to be Julio Jones. I hope Patterson is the real deal, but day two looks like a value day, and the Vikings will be out of it barring a trade of future picks.
    Cordarrelle Patterson is the only player who has the most potential to be like Julio Jones in this draft, if not the whole league. As a pass-catcher, Julio is way ahead of Patterson, but Patterson is better than Julio in pure running-ability.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    I love to read around the web today and read the high praises of the Vikings.

2013 NFL Draft: Vikings among early winners

1) Vikings dominate another draft

I thought Sharrif Floyd was the best defensive tackle in the draft. I wouldn't have batted an eye if he had been picked third overall. He slipped to No. 23, and Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman pounced on someone I could have seen him trading up to pick. What a genuine steal. I also loved the needed selection of physical corner Xavier Rhodes with the pick that was acquired from the Seattle Seahawks in the Percy Harvin deal (No. 25). Then, to replace Harvin, Spielman traded with the New England Patriots to get back into the first round at No. 29 and nab Cordarrelle Patterson. Though he's not polished as a receiver, Patterson will instantly help on special teams.

Yet again, Spielman got the job done on draft day. This was an A+ draft.
    Hell yes!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Though he's not polished as a receiver, Patterson will instantly help on special teams.
    So we got a kick/punt returner for our 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 7th round picks?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Vikings Have Best Draft Of 2013

Best draft for the team in history.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    So we got a kick/punt returner for our 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 7th round picks?
    Everyone was begging for a wide receiver. We got it.
    Just like most wide receivers entering in the pro's he will have to learn to play in the NFL. BUT unlike most big receivers, he can contribute right away on kicks and designed hand-offs.

The Vikings really needed a returner and a receiver is expected to need time before he reach his full potential. Also worth remembering how fast Patterson acclimated to high college level, putting up big numbers in already his first game.

Of this year's skill-position players, Patterson presents the most "wow" factor. In his first season at the FBS level, Patterson (6-2, 217) dominated the SEC to the tune of 154.83 all-purpose yards a game, easily the most of any player in the power conference. Some believe he's the most dynamic kick returner to enter the NFL since Devin Hester.
    - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast