Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Vikings Have Best Draft Of 2013

WOW! I'm super excited after this day. Mr. Spielman, you are one heck of a GM. I did no see this coming!

1. We got the best defensive tackle (by many opinions) without even having to move up from our #23 pick. Shariff Floyd is already described as the steal of the draft.

2. Then we draft arguably the most intriguing cornerback in the draft, Xavier Rhodes, with our #25 pick. Someone who people thought might be the first corner off the board

3. Then as an absolutely icing on the cake, Vikings trade up up into the first round and receive Patriots' #29 pick. And who do they pick? None other than the player I was hoping would fall to the Vikings with their first pick all along, Corrdaralle Patterson. Suddenly the Vikings have TWO players in position of need who all are already talked about as the steals of this draft. Amazing!

I'm just in Lala-land right now. We got the best players AND filled our biggest needs. And there are plenty of middle linebackers on the board in round 2 to continue the great draft Spielman has yet again started in 2013. The Vikings, in my opinion, had this year's best Day 1 draft. And it's not even close!

For details on the trade with Patriots.

Now we have (arguably) the top DT, top CB, and top WR.

This is me right now >>

Grade: A+

SKOL!

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Yeah.. But the middle of the field is gonna be so wide open with no MLB that u could drive a truck through it.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    not t mention or next pick is in the 5th.

This is the 1 draft we should be trading back and stock piling 2nds and 3rds.

Flyod = A+
    Rhodes = B- (sick of us drafting Cbs high)
    Patterson = A/C (gave up way to much.

We not have to hope that a bunch of talent falls out of the 4th...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    I'm just in Lala-land right now. We got the best players AND filled our biggest needs. And there are plenty of middle linebackers on the board in round 2 to continue the great draft Spielman has yet again started in 2013. The Vikings, in my opinion, had this year's best Day 1 draft. And it's not even close!
    How are we going to continue the draft in round 2 and snatch a LB?

We don't have a 2nd round pick or even a 3rd rounder. We don't pick again until the 4th round.

We gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 7th rounder for the Patterson pick. Not sure which one of our 4th rounders we gave up. 102nd or 120th?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    What's left:

Round 4, Pick 23 (120) --
    Round 5, Pick 22 (155) --
    Round 6, Pick 21 (189) --
    Round 7, Pick 7 (213) (From Cardinals) --
    Round 7, Pick 8 (214) (From Bills through Seahawks)
    We're bringing purple back.

HEY
    Blog Entries
    To all who asks for a middle linebacker after day one. All I'm going to say is A.J. Klein with our fourth round pick. BANG! Draft closed! Four starters in the house!

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SharperImage View Post
    Yeah.. But the middle of the field is gonna be so wide open with no MLB that u could drive a truck through it.

Marty would tell you that a good warpig will make the middle linebacker's job much easier. I agree 100 percent with Marty. Not to mention I believe we will sign Urlacher now that the draft is over.

SKOL VIKINGS!

HEY
    Blog Entries
    Petterson has the potential to be the next Julio Jones. If you feel real good about a player then you have to take chances! And to me, giving up a few mid-round picks for a Julio Jones is definitely worth it.

I can't wait to watch this guy play! He can start right away in the return game, in designed run plays and on slants and quick-outs. Finally, Minnesota has a wideout that can eventually compete with the big stars in our division, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Petterson has the potential to be the next Julio Jones. If you feel real good about a player then you have to take chances! And to me, giving up a few mid-round picks for a Julio Jones is definitely worth it.

I can't wait to watch this guy play! He can start right away in the return game, in designed run plays and on slants and quick-outs. Finally, Minnesota has a wideout that can eventually compete with the big stars in our division, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall.
    Might be able to play WR right away with some QB and WR get togethers in the offseason. We also got a veteran WR to help mentor the kid.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    How are we going to continue the draft in round 2 and snatch a LB?

We don't have a 2nd round pick or even a 3rd rounder. We don't pick again until the 4th round.

We gave up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 7th rounder for the Patterson pick. Not sure which one of our 4th rounders we gave up. 102nd or 120th?
    We could give away the rest of our picks to move up. Then we could all go golfing, fishing or kayaking this weekend instead of watching the draft.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast