Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Re: The Vikings have the #1 rushing Game in the NFL but they are in 27th place

Some of the play calling has been poor. The Dallas game once again stands out like a sore Index Finger. Anybody remember the play calls when we had he ball in Dallas Territory?....I believe it was around the 46 yard line. That was the time to use the run and roll outs with T.Jack to open options and keep the drive alive to get points. I think there was a little over 5 mins left at that point of the game and we were trailing by 10.

Then when we got to 4th down and 11 we punted?????? Might as well take the team into the Locker Room at that point. This was piss poor in this fans humble opinion.

One reason why 27th......OK.....Here it is. Combination of Mistakes/errors on both sides of the ball and on the sidelines.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Lack of execution due to poor coaching.

Huh??? No disrespect intended Mr Anderson.....but last time I checked the execution of any play is on the player not the coach.

Here's an example: The offensive coordinator had the right played called in the Dallas game....a pass that if thrown with touch over the defending Henderson would have been completed to Wade for a T.D. Now was that poor throw the coaches fault??

Cheers!
    LOL!
    Execution does also come from the coaches.
    Who devises the schemes and plays?
    Who conducts practices?
    Whose job is it to have their team prepared?
    Probably the coach.
    So they are just as responsible for exectution as are the players.

Frostbite is offline Coach

I suppose...in the strictest sense of the word responsible, the coaches do have something to do with execution, but you have to admit that some plays were just blown by the players themselves while trying to execute them. That's what I was talking about in my response Ultraviking.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I suppose...in the strictest sense of the word responsible, the coaches do have something to do with execution, but you have to admit that some plays were just blown by the players themselves while trying to execute them. That's what I was talking about in my response Ultraviking.

Cheers!
    Something?
    They have a ton to do with the execution.
    If a team is "blowing" plays then they were not properly prepared for the game.
    You said nothing about "blown" plays.
    You said:

b ut last time I checked the execution of any play is on the player not the coach.
    It is the same no matter what level the team; youth, High School, College, or NFL.
    A coach must have his players prepared.

I would not always label an errant pass a "blown" play.
    Maybe it was well defended.
    Maybe the QB had to release it sooner than the route called for.
    There are so many things that happen on the field that could lead to this.
    You cannot expect a QB to hit the nail on the head 100% of time.

And who the heck is "Henderson" for the Cowboys?

You can find out whoever you were referring to on the Cowboys depth chart here:

[size=13pt]Dallas Cowboys[/size]

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Huh??? No disrespect intended Mr Anderson.....but last time I checked the execution of any play is on the player not the coach.

Here's an example: The offensive coordinator had the right played called in the Dallas game....a pass that if thrown with touch over the defending Henderson would have been completed to Wade for a T.D. Now was that poor throw the coaches fault??

Cheers!
    Who teaches them to throw and catch?(Obviously it's not that simple, it is the NFL, I understand. But I believe all execution ultimately comes down to coaching)

"Mr" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Cheers!
    Who teaches them to throw and catch?(Obviously it's not that simple, it is the NFL, I understand. But I believe all execution ultimately comes down to coaching)
    You are wise my friend.
    I could always use another assistant.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Cheers!
    You are wise my friend.
    Anytime. Nice new sig btw.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

We have no pass rush.
    Which in turn makes our defense stay on the field way to long.
    Which in turn makes it harder on our offense.
    Which in turn makes it harder on the team.
    Which in turn Robison should be starting every game and playing in one solid position so that he can learn it and become the force we are missing.
    Which in turn comes down to coaching.

Not sure where the which in turn came in but it sounded good.

Oh and by the way did i say i was a Robison fan?

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:

Cheers!
    You are wise my friend.
    i wanna be an assistant can i be the Fly Swatter? lol

Thanks josdin00

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Ultra I think your saying its coaching ? could be wrong

A strange sidenote as I was thinking about all this thread

There is a team, that is DEAD LAST in the whole NFL in rushing yet are #1 in the NFC

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast