Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    touche' touche'!

yeah i guess if i don't join more often in i cant really complain too much now can i! Fair enough! i'll try to to do better goin forward...just sent the last kid off to college so perhaps this year i'll have a tad more web surfing time and can come join in on the discussions more than i have in the past. cant promise that though because now that the sons gone, ol' pops has to do all of his chores ....

anywayz....go get em Vikes!

random quick thoughts before i go mow the friggin lawn...

Percy Harvin (aka 'Lil' Clutch') is the hardest workin' man in the biz! love Love LOVE this guy's play and approach. Dude has been defining the word 'clutch' for us! will be buying a Percy Jersey for sure!

Antoine Winfield: the most consistent pound for pound badass out there. one of my all time favorites!

Kyle Rudolph: lately I've taken to calling him "Big Clutch"

Ponder really is looking solid. Calm, poised and making good decisions....keep it up man!!

GO VIKES!!!
    Don't get me wrong.....You can complain on here if you only make one post. That was just my way of saying I'd like to see more of them thats all.

Only way you can climb the spreadsheets......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Only way you can climb the spreadsheets......
    Which is, of course, the ultimate goal of every poster on PPO.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Which is, of course, the ultimate goal of every poster on PPO.

=Z=
    Admit it, you wonder were you stand on all of them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I'm allowed (under the guidelines set forth in the agreements) to talk good about them. Just not bad.
    Hold on there Sheldon. How did you squeeze that into the agreement?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Admit it, you wonder were you stand on all of them.
    He doesn't have to.

It's simple, if you agree with Marrdro or think along the same lines as him, you're near the top. If it's only sometimes, you're in the middle. If it's seldom or never, well you're near or at the bottom.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He doesn't have to.

It's simple, if you agree with Marrdro or think along the same lines as him, you're near the top. If it's only sometimes, you're in the middle. If it's seldom or never, well you're near or at the bottom.

Wrong again. Everyone is at the top. You must not be paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Hold on there Sheldon. How did you squeeze that into the agreement?
    LOL, it was implied. Nothing was said about compliments, just hacking.

derek is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by pack93z" "Originally Posted by pack93z
    Outside looking in perspective.. his dealt hand hasn't exactly been one to win directly with. Reality is that the Viking had a window to win it, got damn close. They rolled the dice with the Allen Trade, Favre and honestly experienced some bad luck with injuries to promising players like Rice.

They are a deficient team in terms of offensive skill players beyond Harvin and AP; Ponder and Rudolph will develop. They have a couple of chips on the edges for the offensive line, but honestly they are still works in progress.

On defense, the Williams wall couldn't hold up forever.. they have some good individual talent on defense but again are playing youth again. Allen and EJ are still very good players.. but scheme around them. Personally and I know this sounds anti progression, but I would try and move Allen while he still holds premium value. Continue to reload via the draft, develop and within the time Ponder is ready to hit his prime, you will have a core of players coming into their prime and can make another run.

The division is going to see the Bears flame out soon, and the Lions I think had a chance to grab ahold of consistency, but their coach is going to work against them. That leaves the Packers whom are going to hit a crossroads soon with a bunch of talent and will need to make some decisions. A mini rebuild as you will..

I think you window is about two years from now.. the 2014 season.. why not acquire as much talent to mature at once?

In other words, I think Frazier is a quality NFL coach.. growing pains in which inconsistency is prevalent, but in my opinion that is part of a rebuilt. We the Packers are just a few seasons removed from that.. MM looked like a joke. Building a winner in this league takes time.. I think Frazier should be afforded more.

Recovering from Chilly is not an overnight deal.. my opinion."

[QUOTE=derek;1128862
    thank you! FINALLY, a rational, well thought out, historically accurate, and long term viewed opinion!

i honestly am starting to worry that most of the world has some sort of 'instant gratification, short term memory, short sighted future' syndrome. Thank you pack93z for easing my concern at least a bit. what you described so well is pretty much where i stand too...

imo THIS is the REAL 1st year of GENUINE rebuilding for the Vikes. And i DO expect some bumps along the way...BUT...i also see something in this team this year....yes its only been 3 games, but the team has already shown me some solid guts & heart in what could have been 'stick a fork in em' situations...

Game 1's win was (ultimately) fantastic and they guys NEVER gave up. Even in game 2s penalty ridden loss, the team nevertheless fought back and still had a chance to win in the end. Game 3's rebound win, against what most would say is the best team in the league, was a well rounded across the board solid steady performance.

again, i fully expect some bumps and bruises along the way, but com ON people. really? please step back and see the BIG picture....

look...we cleaned a little house this past last year, we're finally letting the younger guys drive right out of the gate....lets just give the seeds that have been relatively recently planted a chance to root in solidly and to actually GROW a bit this year and then see if we can determine what kind of fruits they might bring us ...

...in spite of it being a genuine rebuilding year this year, i can honestly say i'm more psyched THIS year than i have been in a while...i've been wanting the vikes to go with a bit more youth for a while now, so i'm really excited and curious to see what unexpected skills, elements, playmakers begin to cultivate in the Purple this season....

anywayz, there's my 2cents...

we should come back to this post at the end of the season to revisit, just to see if the Purple crew showed any solid 'structural/foundational' improvement over last few years that sets them up for the long term, or if they are as hopelessly headed for nowhere as so many seem to think they are.

so....now that the regular season is over, like i said...lets revisit this post honestly and fairly. Were those who were in the 'instant gratification-we're going in the wrong direction=fire leslie' camp more accurate, or were those in the 'this is still a rebuilding year after the previous coach-let Leslie stay and give HIS seeds a chance to grow' camp more accurate?

10-6 and in the playoffs when almost no-one, including myself- expected that. This team may not have a whole lot of big names, and may have less talent & experience than many teams at crucial positions...but this team has the right attitude, the right 'no-give-up' gusto, the right approach....and in my opinion...the right coach.
    Last edited by derek; 12-30-2012 at 07:48 PM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    [QUOTE=derek;1133987][QUOTE=pack93z" "Originally Posted by pack93z
    Outside looking in perspective.. his dealt hand hasn't exactly been one to win directly with. Reality is that the Viking had a window to win it, got damn close. They rolled the dice with the Allen Trade, Favre and honestly experienced some bad luck with injuries to promising players like Rice.

They are a deficient team in terms of offensive skill players beyond Harvin and AP; Ponder and Rudolph will develop. They have a couple of chips on the edges for the offensive line, but honestly they are still works in progress.

On defense, the Williams wall couldn't hold up forever.. they have some good individual talent on defense but again are playing youth again. Allen and EJ are still very good players.. but scheme around them. Personally and I know this sounds anti progression, but I would try and move Allen while he still holds premium value. Continue to reload via the draft, develop and within the time Ponder is ready to hit his prime, you will have a core of players coming into their prime and can make another run.

The division is going to see the Bears flame out soon, and the Lions I think had a chance to grab ahold of consistency, but their coach is going to work against them. That leaves the Packers whom are going to hit a crossroads soon with a bunch of talent and will need to make some decisions. A mini rebuild as you will..

I think you window is about two years from now.. the 2014 season.. why not acquire as much talent to mature at once?

In other words, I think Frazier is a quality NFL coach.. growing pains in which inconsistency is prevalent, but in my opinion that is part of a rebuilt. We the Packers are just a few seasons removed from that.. MM looked like a joke. Building a winner in this league takes time.. I think Frazier should be afforded more.

Recovering from Chilly is not an overnight deal.. my opinion."

so....now that the regular season is over, like i said...lets revisit this post honestly and fairly. Were those who were in the 'instant gratification-we're going in the wrong direction=fire leslie' camp more accurate, or were those in the 'this is still a rebuilding year after the previous coach-let Leslie stay and give HIS seeds a chance to grow' camp more accurate?

10-6 and in the playoffs when almost no-one, including myself- expected that. This team may not have a whole lot of big names, and may have less talent & experience than many teams at crucial positions...but this team has the right attitude, the right 'no-give-up' gusto, the right approach....and in my opinion...the right coach.[/QUOTE]
    Nice call. Hope you didn't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back ! Just kidding.
    SKOL VIKINGS !

keystonevike is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Minnesota Vikings Going Nowhere Under Leslie Frazier, Who Can They Turn to Next?

Minnesota Vikings Going Nowhere Under Leslie Frazier, Who Can They Turn to Next? | Bleacher Report
    Going to the playoffs under Leslie Frazier. Right now, no need to look for another HC.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast