Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Nice post pack93z. I don't agree that trading Allen is a good idea. Our problem has been in the DEFENSIVE LINE for quite a while. Without Allen no one would even bother to run the ball against us. I am all for giving Frazier a chance this year but we had better end up with a better than 3 and 13 record or I think he is history. We just lost a game to the lowest ranked team in the NFL (the Colts). That is not a good beginning.
    Fixed that for ya......snicker......

After this week, I am willing to give Leslie some credit. Lets see if he can get a bit more consistency (and fix the DL) out of them though before I totally buy into him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    thank you! FINALLY, a rational, well thought out, historically accurate, and long term viewed opinion!

i honestly am starting to worry that most of the world has some sort of 'instant gratification, short term memory, short sighted future' syndrome. Thank you pack93z for easing my concern at least a bit. what you described so well is pretty much where i stand too...
    Give us more than 14 posts then my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    We're currently stuck with a broken Tampa 2 defense that hasn't worked for a few years now and shows no signs of improving rapidly, and an offense that is more reminiscent of Chillers KAO than anything any of the winning franchises are putting on the field.

In short, the current philosophy IS the problem.
    Caine
    Neither seemed to be yesterday by friend.

Amazing what a bit of coaching, along with player execution can do to make both schemes look pretty damn good ehhhhh.

derek is offline Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Give us more than 14 posts then my friend.
    touche' touche'!

yeah i guess if i don't join more often in i cant really complain too much now can i! Fair enough! i'll try to to do better goin forward...just sent the last kid off to college so perhaps this year i'll have a tad more web surfing time and can come join in on the discussions more than i have in the past. cant promise that though because now that the sons gone, ol' pops has to do all of his chores ....

anywayz....go get em Vikes!

random quick thoughts before i go mow the friggin lawn...

Percy Harvin (aka 'Lil' Clutch') is the hardest workin' man in the biz! love Love LOVE this guy's play and approach. Dude has been defining the word 'clutch' for us! will be buying a Percy Jersey for sure!

Antoine Winfield: the most consistent pound for pound badass out there. one of my all time favorites!

Kyle Rudolph: lately I've taken to calling him "Big Clutch"

Ponder really is looking solid. Calm, poised and making good decisions....keep it up man!!

GO VIKES!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Amazing what a bit of coaching, along with player execution can do to make both schemes look pretty damn good ehhhhh.
    Weren't you the one blaming the DL last week?

In order for the scheme to be working, the DL, including our NT/warpig/tech 0, JA & K-Will all had to be doing their jobs.

Could it be they aren't as bad as you think they are or is the scheme working despite the DL, meaning the blame shouldn't have been put on them in the first place.

How much more man-to-man did you see being played this week vs. last?
    Last edited by singersp; 09-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Trust me, I would LOVE to switch roles with you (Right now, you play the "I'm always wrong" role, to my "I'm tragically right" role), and I'm THRILLED with this win....but I need to see more than 1 unexpected victory.

Fact is, I saw a LOT of teams win yesterday that shouldn't have. The Chiefs and Raiders won....I'm not ready to declare them powerhouses.

For the next 7 weeks there aren't any real powerhouse teams on our schedule. Let's see if the Coaching staff can replicate this win a few more times.

In short, make me a believer.

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    F
    After this week, I am willing to give Leslie some credit. Lets see if he can get a bit more consistency (and fix the DL) out of them though before I totally buy into him.
    Pssssst! It isn't after week 6 yet. No coach talk yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I'm more worried about the Qb than the coach. A great QB will make a bad coach look good(see Favre 09), a bad QB will make a good coach look bad(see Shannahan the last 2 years in washington).
    Until Frazier has a good QB to work with I find it difficult to evaluate him.
    Ponder has shown, so far, that he can play. I love the guy. He makes good decisions with the ball. The sorry, embarrassing performance against Indy was all coaching, in my humble opinion. Zero discipline shown by almost the entire team. Ponder and Percy played lights out. Where does discipline begin? Dilfer was a "game manager" under Billick. I wouldn't classify Trent as anything to write home about. They won a superbowl. Not discounting the Raven's "D," but you don't need a "good" QB to win. You need coaching, a stable QB, and a Defense. Poor discipline on game-day is a good measuring stick for a coaches ability. full Disclosure: I am a Ponder fan. also, i think the Frazier hire was ill-considered.
    Tuco the world.....

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Pssssst! It isn't after week 6 yet. No coach talk yet.
    I'm allowed (under the guidelines set forth in the agreements) to talk good about them. Just not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Trust me, I would LOVE to switch roles with you (Right now, you play the "I'm always wrong" role, to my "I'm tragically right" role), and I'm THRILLED with this win....but I need to see more than 1 unexpected victory.

Fact is, I saw a LOT of teams win yesterday that shouldn't have. The Chiefs and Raiders won....I'm not ready to declare them powerhouses.

For the next 7 weeks there aren't any real powerhouse teams on our schedule. Let's see if the Coaching staff can replicate this win a few more times.

In short, make me a believer.

Caine
    Trust me, it was pretty damn hard to admit that I liked what Ole Leslie and his crew were doing but its the truth.

Other than letting the 9rs coach work the refs without even trying to stop it, I was pretty happy.

As to the schedule.....What we are seeing is teams playing up to their potential and not up to what the talking heads have convinced yutz fans they are. 49rs are a prime example of that my friend.

A certain HC couldn't win with that team and a new HC comes in and almost gets to the dance with basically the same team. Mix the way the Aint's are playing this year and I just don't see how anyone can not see how important a HC and correct staff are to the success of the team.

But hey, I think there are still a few on here who believe we only made it to the NFCC game because of a certain butt head QB instead of our coaching staff.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast