Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings Going Nowhere Under Frazier

Minnesota Vikings Going Nowhere Under Leslie Frazier, Who Can They Turn to Next?

Minnesota Vikings Going Nowhere Under Leslie Frazier, Who Can They Turn to Next? | Bleacher Report

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Frasier really has no credentials to be a head coach. He received interviews around the league because of the Rooney rule. Do you really think he gets those without that? That creates a idea that this guy must be a REAL candidate. Tell me what he's done to warrant his hire. Did he coach a top 5 defense for a few years? He was Dungy's head coach assistant...pffft. Guys like Frasier get swallowed up in this league. The players have changed. They don't play for coaches, they play for money and getting noticed so they can cash in. They have zero integrity to head guys. The head guys that succeed are the ones that get in their grill and tell them what reality is in his world. When you hear about players saying how much they love playing for a guy, get ready for faliure. The top guys are not player coaches. They are hard asses that keep these punks in their place. Coughlin, Parcels, Billecheck, not Frasier, Phillips, or yes even Dungy. Let's face facts Dungy was no great coach. He had a great qb. Now we're to believe Frasier is some Dungy prodgy...big mistake.

It's time for Ziggy to do the right way and actually have a SEARCH for a competent head coach instead of TWO STINKING INTERVIEWS AND HIRE CHILDRESS AND FRASIER.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    LOL at that article for including Gruden and Cowher in the list.

Horton isn't a bad candidate, but I don't know if I want another defensive coach. I want an offensive minded coach again (and no, while Childress offended most, I don't consider him an offensive minded coach. ).

Either way, there is a lot of season left before we can even start thinking about other candidates...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    We are young and unproven throughout our roster, FO and coaching staff. If we want to bring in a proven field general I would guess that they would want a fair amount of autonomy. As Caine points out quite often, this is where the problem seems to lie. The Wilf's want to have involvement in how this franchise is run and don't want to hire people that will question them. Unless they change their tune, we will have to hope that one of these unproven guys can figure something out.

Earlier I thought the solution would be to bring in solid OC and DC's and leave them alone while Leslie deals with the noise (ie., Zygi/Mark/Rick/HR). Leslie may be fine with this approach (or not), but not sure MN can lure these guys to come over. Usually they come and work for a HC that has had success and can respect. Probably why we have guys like Musgrave (veteran, but shaky track record) and Pagac/Williams (promotion).

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    LOL at that article for including Gruden and Cowher in the list.

Horton isn't a bad candidate, but I don't know if I want another defensive coach. I want an offensive minded coach again (and no, while Childress offended most, I don't consider him an offensive minded coach. ).

Either way, there is a lot of season left before we can even start thinking about other candidates...
    Totally agree. We need an offensive minded coach. The defense will not get any worse. Brian billick anyone? Haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    I think the statement isn't broad enough, more like under this staff. I could see Frazier being dropped during the bye bye week if there are repeats of last week's performance but am less than thrilled with the idea of Singletary or Musgrave as a possible interim coach

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I'm more worried about the Qb than the coach. A great QB will make a bad coach look good(see Favre 09), a bad QB will make a good coach look bad(see Shannahan the last 2 years in washington).
    Until Frazier has a good QB to work with I find it difficult to evaluate him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    We should take a serious look at re-hiring Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We should take a serious look at re-hiring Childress.
    **cough cough**
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast