Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Vikings going International?

"boognish" wrote:
    Say it ain't so!! That would bite for us to lose a homegame. Why would they single out the Vikes in this article? You would think teams such as the Texans, Titans, Saints, Jags and Peckers would be first on this list, with their crappy seasons and all.

Why would they single out the Vikes in this article?

Because it's from Vikings update for God's sake.

What I don't understand is, why can't it be two teams away games that they do internationally?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=18px]Boognish! Please read;[/size]

If that article requires a membership to read it & it's not available to the public, you better delete it now & just give us the gist of the article.

Webby has already been informed by VU that we are violating their copywrites by posting articles exclusive to members.

VikesfaninWI has to go thru all the ones he posted & delete them all.

PDQ!

If it's an article available to the public, I'd still axe the story & just supply the link.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

boognish is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Boognish! Please read;[/size]

If that article requires a membership to read it & it's not available to the public, you better delete it now & just give us the gist of the article.

Webby has already been informed by VU that we are violating their copywrites.

VikesfaninWI has to go thru all the ones he posted & delete them all.

PDQ!

If it's an article available to the public, I'd still axe the story & just supply the link.
    Well, it's not a subscriber feature. I actually copied it from the message board at the Pioneer press. I can't imagine that a copyright would be violated for copying non-subscriber articles, but maybe Webby can fill us in better. If it is violating copyright law, then we'll have to stop copying from all sites; that would suck.
    I am a dipshit!!!

morepepper is offline Rookie

God i hope so i live in winnipeg and that would be unbelieveable to go to a vikes game in my hometown.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

If this is true, it is truely our owner and his wish to be SUPER RICH!

Scarey!!

It is not fair to give up a home game.

They put the Niners and the Cards across the border, neither of them were going anywhere anyways. A loss of a home game didn't hurt either team.

If they set us up with a slouch of a team, maybe we could go to Canada and play.

Maybe the last preseason game where it is fairly competative but please not a regular season game.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"singersp" wrote:
    "boognish" wrote:
    Say it ain't so!! That would bite for us to lose a homegame. Why would they single out the Vikes in this article? You would think teams such as the Texans, Titans, Saints, Jags and Peckers would be first on this list, with their crappy seasons and all.

Why would they single out the Vikes in this article?

Because it's from Vikings update for God's sake.

What I don't understand is, why can't it be two teams away games that they do internationally?
    Eactly my thoughts that is completely unfair to whoever the"home team" is supposed to be. Not only are they playing on foreign turf and defeating the whole idea of the home field advantage but they are cheating the fans of the home team.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

On a purely selfish level I would love it if a Vikes game came to europe, specifically the U.K, as I would be able to see the team play live. At the same time I could not argue with any local fans who would be p'd off at losing a regular season game not to mention home field advantage.

There was a lot of talk at the tail end of last year about an NFL game coming to Wembley stadium this coming season, however building delays put an end to that idea. What was mooted at the time however was 1 game would be played outside the U.S every season, but because the teams would be on rotation it would only mean losing 1 home game every 32 years.

IMO if the owners believe they can increase awareness of the NFL worldwide therefore making more money it is something that will happen at some point.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

F that
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"boognish" wrote:
    Texans: No because they have the brand-spanking-new Reliant Stadium.

Titans: No because they have the brand-spanking-new Coliseum.

Saints: No because the league is committed to putting the Saints back in the Superdome and/or moving them to LA, and the whole fiasco about the Giants at Saints at Giants game last year has left a bad taste in the mouths of a LOT of people.

Jags: The ALLTELL Stadium is only a decade old, and the NFL wouldn't want to force teams out of new stadiums for a game because it would set a bad precedent with regards to stadium-battles in the future. Even if, as is well-documented, they never even get close to selling it out.

Packers: Lambeau's considered a cut-above every other NFL stadium, it's got an aura about it that the NFL loves and every commentator talks about. To take a game out of there would be sacriligious to a LOT of fans.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Sounds like the season will have to be extended by a game for all teams with one "home game" played internationally. Or at least rotating teams playing outside US borders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast