Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    boognish is offline Coordinator

Re: Vikings go with weak Plan B at QB

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Our QB situation has me nervous. I'd rather throw Tarvaris in for Brad instead of McMahon and J.T..With McMahon, you know what your getting, same with J.T..
    So knowing what you're getting is a bad thing? No way the coaches will put in a rookie QB and risk screwing up his development, just to see what he can do. At least McMahon already knows the offense, can make plays with both his legs and his arm, and has played in enough NFL games to not be awestruck by playing on the "big stage".

I think a lot of people are underestimating McMahon's abilities, but I hope we never have to find out which one of us is right in this argument :wink: .
    I am a dipshit!!!

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"At least I have a little book on him," Childress said last week. Um at least? WTF that comment makes me nervous!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

He stayed healthy in the 9 games that he started last season, and that was with a weak line.. This season is different, he is running a offense that he is very familiar with, and that he prefers.. Second, our O-Line is going to be one of the best in the league if not the best.. He will be just fine.. Lets have faith Vikes fans..

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm with Big C on this one. McMahon knows the offense and went 2-5 five last year with the Igles. They had no running game at the time, and the wheels were falling off. That Dallas game crushed their confidence. I seriously doubt that McNabb would have posted a much better record at the time.

If Brad goes down early and for a long time, we might be in trouble. But if the offense gets going and McMahon needs to step in for a game or two, we should be fine.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

IF McMahon has to step in, he will be fine. He made his rookie and young player mistakes for his other teams...now we end up with a more mature and polished QB who will have learned from his mistakes. He may never be a starter, but some of Brad's knowledge will rub off on him...PLUS if he does get in, we are just gonna RUN the heck out of the ball behind Hutch and McK!!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"PsychoViking" wrote:
    I am a little worried about the back up spot at QB....but if Brad can stay healthy all season (BIG if) the VIKINGS will be allright....and I think I am the only one who things T.J. is going to be a pretty good QB in the future.

i don't know why people think he is going to get hurt!! he played a good majority of the season last year and didn't get hurt! now we have a better O-line and everyone is saying he could get hurt!!! didn't happen last year with a worst OL, why would it happen this year!?!?
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

I'd have nothing wrong with mcmahon stepping in if he needs to. Hell with that line all he would need to do is hand it off to chester anyway!!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "PsychoViking" wrote:
    I am a little worried about the back up spot at QB....but if Brad can stay healthy all season (BIG if) the VIKINGS will be allright....and I think I am the only one who things T.J. is going to be a pretty good QB in the future.

i don't know why people think he is going to get hurt!! he played a good majority of the season last year and didn't get hurt! now we have a better O-line and everyone is saying he could get hurt!!! didn't happen last year with a worst OL, why would it happen this year!?!?
    That is a dangerous way to look at it. You never plan on your QB getting hurt. But the possibility always exists, no matter how good your O Line is. That is why we have position depth in the first place.

I actually don't think BJ will get hurt. He may be a little long in years, but he is a tough old bastard. :grin: But if he does go down, I recognize the fact that we will be taking quite a step back in terms of QB quality. That is what has people worried. Any time BJ takes a hit, all of Vikings nation will cringe just a little. If he is slow getting up, our hearts will collectively beat a little faster...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

McMahon should be ok, but I've never thought it's a good idea to think of the what if. Yeah we worry, but it's not a good idea to dwell on it.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Big C" wrote:
    McMahon is no Matt Schaub (that man's a starter) but he is good enough for a backup. He knows the playbook. He will have legitimate recievers, a running game and a formidable offensive line. If Childress calls smart plays McMahon could possibly have a 50-50 record if forced to start.

I'm not too worried.
    I'm confused about the blind love for Matt Schaub

He's 0-2, has completed less than 50% of his passes, and played well against our pathetic excuse for a defense and the Patriots practice squad

I just don't understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast