Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    After an embarrassing loss to the Packers, many people are asking themselves: "Are the Vikings giving up on the season?". A score of 31-3 against a hated rival team with similar talents sure sounds like it!

    Here's what Adrian Peterson, Shiancoe and Jared Allen have to say after the loss.

  2. #2
    Infidel is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,947

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    The coach has been arrogant, stubborn, stupid, hostile and disrespectful to his players.

    He alienated many of the players with his high and mighty attitude.

    He fostered a hostile relationship with Favre, Harvin, Moss and others and he split the team into two or maybe THREE factions.

    That's not a team anymore. Some are obviously giving great effort and some are dogging it and some are just confused, angry and frustrated to the point that they can't perform well.

    There was a point where Zygi could have fired Childress and saved Moss......a few hours passed.....and he failed. He made the wrong decision.

    That was the moment of great opportunity.

    It didn't knock twice.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

  3. #3
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    I can't get the picture of Ray Edwards and Chris Cook arguing on the sideline after Asher Allen and Madieu Williams (or Willaims) embarrassed the whole team when they gave up the big touchdown. The coaches even had to step in and separate them.

    Ray Edwards later told the press that he was telling Cook to step up as he has always been outspoken, but he wasn't the only player who showed frustration. Brett Favre was yelling at the coaches and Shiancoe barked at everyone around him. I can't remember the last time I saw Vikings' teammates argue like this.

    Vikings' frustration bubbles up against Packers

  4. #4
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    To all of those who for years have been against changing the coach, this is exactly why you make the change sooner than later. We are now reaping what has been sown for the past 5 years.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    ST. CLOUD MN
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    I don't think it's been sown for 5 years.

    Yes chilly sucks and should be canned, but our record has improved every year, except this one.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

    -I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

  6. #6
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    I believe the defense must be built with cornerbacks as primary player rather than afterthoughts. The Vikings secondary, including these critical cornerback positions, are not playing well. It may be coaching, talent, or inexperience, but the play has been horrible.

    The coaches keep the same scheme, and there is no way to fix the holes in the leaking ship. The rats in the hold are restless, and rats become cannibals when they are caged without enough food to feed them all.

  7. #7
    purplejokr is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Beach
    Posts
    126

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    Minniman wrote:
    I believe the defense must be built with cornerbacks as primary player rather than afterthoughts. The Vikings secondary, including these critical cornerback positions, are not playing well. It may be coaching, talent, or inexperience, but the play has been horrible.
    I would respectfully disagree with you about the cornerstones of a defense.

    I believe that ballgames are won & lost in the trenches. The Viking secondary was more than adequate last season. However, the front four of the Vikings are put much more pressure on the opposing QB last season. Ultimately, pressure on the QB from the line makes your secondary look better then they are.

    I find it very hard to fault ANY secondary when the front line can't hold contain and allows QBs to keep plays alive with his legs. The Vikings could have Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, Troy Polamalu, & Ronnie Lott in their primes in the defensive backfield and they would fail at what the current Vikings secondary is asked to do. There just isn't a way to cover an NFL WR corps for more than 4 or 5 seconds per play. Ultimately, it is up to the line and, if necessary LBs, to make sure the QB can't just break contain and extend a play.

  8. #8
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    purplejokr wrote:
    Minniman wrote:
    I believe the defense must be built with cornerbacks as primary player rather than afterthoughts. The Vikings secondary, including these critical cornerback positions, are not playing well. It may be coaching, talent, or inexperience, but the play has been horrible.
    I would respectfully disagree with you about the cornerstones of a defense.

    I believe that ballgames are won & lost in the trenches. The Viking secondary was more than adequate last season. However, the front four of the Vikings are put much more pressure on the opposing QB last season. Ultimately, pressure on the QB from the line makes your secondary look better then they are.

    I find it very hard to fault ANY secondary when the front line can't hold contain and allows QBs to keep plays alive with his legs. The Vikings could have Deion Sanders, Darrell Green, Troy Polamalu, & Ronnie Lott in their primes in the defensive backfield and they would fail at what the current Vikings secondary is asked to do. There just isn't a way to cover an NFL WR corps for more than 4 or 5 seconds per play. Ultimately, it is up to the line and, if necessary LBs, to make sure the QB can't just break contain and extend a play.
    +1 and adding to it:

    The fewer guys you can use to be effective in the pass rush, the better your secondary looks. Last season we got pressure with 4, that left 7 to cover passes. Since the Offense could only send 5, we were ahead of the game, and did well.

    This season, we're not getting there with 4, 5, or 6. That leaves us - in the worst case - 1 on 1 with opposing receivers who LOVE 1 on 1 match-ups. Did you see Rodgers redirecting Jennings in the end zone? Think that works with a 2 on 1?

    Point is, the Defense is driven by the line. If your front 4 are getting it done, your defense thrives. If they aren't...well....you wind up 3-7.

    Caine

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    Infidel wrote:
    The coach has been arrogant, stubborn, stupid, hostile and disrespectful to his players.

    He alienated many of the players with his high and mighty attitude.
    Sometimes you amaze me with the drivel you spew forth.

    He fostered a hostile relationship with Favre, Harvin, Moss and others and he split the team into two or maybe THREE factions.
    Were is your proof? A sports hack from Chicago?

    Truth of the matter is, every player, last week, told the fox team that there is nothing of the sort going on.

    The issue between PH and the Chiller was nothing more than the Chiller want Percy to go have an MRI and Percy not wanting to cause he feared he would find out something was broken, thus ending his season. Talk about a gut check.

    Moss is an ass and its only the second week in Titansville and things are already going south. I'm glad he is gone. And, in case your wondering, Randy had nothing bad to say about the Chiller. Nothing.

    I will give you one thing though. I don't think the Chiller and the Noodle get along. Heck, even the Fox team this weekend said that the Chiller rarely even talks to the Noodle and that everything goes through Bevs.

    Kindof lends credance to my contention that the Chiller didn't want the Noodle back this year, but rather, the Ownership made that call and the Chiller is forced to live with it.

    You want something to dwell on......AD escorted the Chiller off the field, with his hand on his shoulder almost the whole way off.

    If it is a choice between AD and Randy, I'm voting for AD.

    That's not a team anymore. Some are obviously giving great effort and some are dogging it and some are just confused, angry and frustrated to the point that they can't perform well.
    Again, what proof. Who is dogging it? Name me one player and the instance you saw with respect to play on the field.

    Our offense was moving the ball at will and would have done even better if the Noodle wouldn't have continually missed wide open recievers.

    The defense tried thier ass off, but they just can't get pressure from the front 4. That results in the D-coord using LB's and S's to get pressure, leaving our CB's alone on thier man, playing man to man, which they aren't talented enough to do.

    Even after all of that, the defense is still busting thier ass trying to get it done. I sure don't see anyone quiting.

    There was a point where Zygi could have fired Childress and saved Moss......a few hours passed.....and he failed. He made the wrong decision.

    That was the moment of great opportunity.

    It didn't knock twice.
    Save Moss. WOW. For what? So he can piss an moan cause no one is throwing the ball deep to him?

    Gimme a break.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Vikings Giving Up On The Season

    Marrdro wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    The coach has been arrogant, stubborn, stupid, hostile and disrespectful to his players.

    He alienated many of the players with his high and mighty attitude.
    Sometimes you amaze me with the drivel you spew forth.

    He fostered a hostile relationship with Favre, Harvin, Moss and others and he split the team into two or maybe THREE factions.
    Were is your proof? A sports hack from Chicago?

    Truth of the matter is, every player, last week, told the fox team that there is nothing of the sort going on.
    Sometimes you amaze me with your drivel. What makes the "FOX team" more credible than a former Minneapolis VIKING beat writer/reporter? Nobody cares about that fat lard Tony.

    Truth of the matter is he is gone. Wilf had a discussion with top veterans. I doubt Wilf fires Chilly if they wanted him to stay and he was respected. PERIOD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Opposing tight ends giving Vikings defense fits
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 02:48 PM
  2. More mature Sapp is giving the Vikings their nickel's worth
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2009, 03:19 PM
  3. Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved praise
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 05:12 AM
  5. Giving this a try!
    By VKG4LFE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 06:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •