Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Vikings, Giants Ground Games May Take Center Stage

Vikings, Giants Ground Games May Take Center Stage

I sure the hell hope it does, atleast for our side of the offense. Read something this morning that says the Noodle can't put on his pants (Look out Jen) or pull on his socks.

Getting back to the Giants RB tandem, Frazier told reporters on Wednesday that his defense, which has allowed just 113 rushing yards total over the last 2 games, will need to maintain its dominance to stop the Giants dangerous ground game.
    For the Giants. I hope our defense is getting better at stopping the run instead of just having face two teams that can't run as the reason our ground defense looks so good of late.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Vikings, Giants Ground Games May Take Center Stage

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The Vikings had some problems defending the run earlier this season, but they have looked more dominant in recent weeks. They face a big challenge Sunday against the New York Giants.

The Giants rank No. 6 in the NFL in rushing offense, while the Vikings are No. 4 in rushing defense. The Giants tag-team combination of Brandon Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw combined for 200 yards rushing and four touchdowns Sunday against Washington.
    .....snip......

The Vikings have allowed only 113 yards rushing total the past two games combined.
    Vikings face strength vs. strength matchup

Second aricle thats touting that our run defense has somehow improved. If you ask me its because we face the Packers, Deadskins and Bills, all without running attacks. Hell a couple of those don't even have a starting or backup RB on thier roster that they started the season with.

Noodle......
    “He tested some things in the walk-through and just didn’t feel comfortable in going much farther [Thursday] afternoon,” Interim head coach Leslie Frazier said. “We said, ‘Hey, we’ll wait until tomorrow. Get another day’s rest and take a look at it tomorrow hopefully.’ … Friday’s not the end of the world, if he can do some things that would be great.”
    Percy.......
    And after missing all of practice this week, he is in danger of missing his second straight contest. Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that “Percy Harvin has not been at Winter Park the last two days and is seeing doctors for his migraines.”

On Wednesday, Frazier was optimistic about Harvin playing on Sunday, but admitted he did not expect the receiver to miss last week either.
    Hutch.......
    Hutchinson is about as tough as they come, so he’ll most likely try to play on Sunday. And after seeing his replacement — rookie lineman Chris DeGeare — get pushed around in his first NFL start, the Vikings are hoping that Hutchinson can return quickly.
    Will Brett Favre, Percy Harvin & Steve Hutchinson Play on Sunday?

If timing really is everything, the Giants could not have picked a better time to get healthy.

You can expect to see receivers Steve Smith (pectoral), Hakeem Nicks (leg) and left tackle David Diehl (hamstring/hip) return to the lineup Sunday in Minnesota against a defense that is heavily geared toward stopping the run, but not so good against the pass.

Did we mention the standings? Ah, yes. The Giants (8-4) are tied with the Eagles atop the NFC East, while sharing the same record as the Green Bay Packers, who sit in the second wild-card slot. And yes, those are the Giants’ next two opponents. Big Blue will likely will have to win three of their final four games to clinch a playoff spot – the conference might wind up leaving a 10-win team home next month.
    Giants Blog: Giants-Vikings Preview

On a side note......

3. Vikings WR Sidney Rice vs. Giants CB Terrell Thomas. Thomas, like several of his teammates, was bothered at how Favre and the starters didn’t leave last year’s 44-7 rout until the quarterback threw a TD pass to make it 41-0 midway into the third quarter. As Thomas noted this week, the Vikings continued to deploy four receivers in a spread formation while the injury-plagued Giants only had two available corners in the blowout.

Rice made a leaping stab over Thomas for a 12-yard TD in that game and the defensive back hasn’t forgotten this play, either.
    I haven't either. That was a ball that was thrown worse than the TJ to El Syd TD last weekend but no one wants to talk about that one with me even though I repeatedly bring it up.

Some Giants say their embarrassing loss to the Vikings in last year's regular-season finale is forgotten, but is it ever that way in football? When the Giants return to the Metrodome on Sunday, some will be looking for a little payback for what they saw as the Vikings running up the score in a show of disrespect.
    Giants have not forgotten embarrassing loss to Vikings last season, says cornerback Terrell Thomas

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I've heard some say that the Giants have more reason to win.

I don't believe it.

The Vikings have been kicked around like an old shoe this season....and they are not happy about it.

The Vikings are playing for respect.

I think it's a huge issue and it's the only thing that gives us a chance.

We're up against it.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Are the Giants already in town? They might have a tough time trying to fly in today with the snow & the weather forecast being what it is.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I remember reading something about them leaving yesterday and leaving three hours earlier than planned.

Google reveals nothing for me, so that's all I can say.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast