Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings getting some deserved time off with bye week

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings getting some deserved time off with bye week

Thanks for the read.

Not sure about any of you, but I don't like this "New" approach.
    I'd of kept thier asses there studying film and working out thier injuries with the medical staff.
    They have the whole offseason to be on the beach, golfing, hunting or studying thier navel.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read.

I'd of kept thier dimply buttocks there studying film and working out thier injuries with the medical staff.
    They have the whole offseason to be on the beach, golfing, hunting or studying thier navel.

:
    2 years ago I'd have agreed with you... what you're failing to acknowledge is that the Vikings are moving into the echelons of teams like the Colts, the Steelers, the Patriots... these are mature teams, teams that may need a few days of rest and relaxation more than a few added days of tape watching.
    Are we there, at that level yet?
    I don't think so but we're close and I don't mind the coaching staff starting to lean that direction.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Some time off is good, At my job during June, And July we work 12 hour days, including Sundays, When August comes I go on vacation (I know I've already mentioned it, To the most awesome lake in Northern Minn. to relax, drink beer, And grill steaks for a week) I just can't help talking about that-sorry, Anyhoo-when I get back from there I'm ready for work, And have a completely different attitude, Before I go I'm burnt out, hating every minute there, sick of my bosses, ect. Some time away in a different atmosphere can be all it takes to stay fresh, I think this week will be good for the team.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read.

I'd of kept thier dimply buttocks there studying film and working out thier injuries with the medical staff.

:
    2 years ago I'd have agreed with you... what you're failing to acknowledge is that the Vikings are moving into the echelons of teams like the Colts, the Steelers, the Patriots... these are mature teams, teams that may need a few days of rest and relaxation more than a few added days of tape watching.
    I don't think so but we're close and I don't mind the coaching staff starting to lean that direction.
    Time off from a physical standpoint is one thing, time off completely from the mental aspect is another.

What are we trying to do here?
    Dominate, win.
    That only comes from hard work.
    Again, they have the whole offseason to rest thier minds and bodies.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"molineviking" wrote:

Some time off is good, At my job during June, And July we work 12 hour days, including Sundays, When August comes I go on vacation (I know I've already mentioned it, To the most awesome lake in Northern Minn. to relax, drink beer, And grill steaks for a week) I just can't help talking about that-sorry, Anyhoo-when I get back from there I'm ready for work, And have a completely different attitude, Before I go I'm burnt out, hating every minute there, sick of my bosses, ect. Some time away in a different atmosphere can be all it takes to stay fresh, I think this week will be good for the team.
    Good stuff my friend.
    Problem is, you work year round.
    The "Grind" for these cats is only a small fraction of what you work.

Sarcasm alert:

These guys have been babied since High School, Ok maybe College, Where they were given cake classes, tutors, high school quality work, You know they usual benefits of "come play for us" and we'll take care of you, I seriously doubt they took any advanced chemistry, or 3rd year calculus, So we don't want to overwork their brains. Too much film and playbook studying might be too much. Let them buy speed boats, and 24 inch rims for their Bentlys, Stuff that us regular folk do on our time off.

That was funnier in my head. Damn this time laid off, I'm losing my sharp criticism of rich people.

Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

"molineviking" wrote:

Sarcasm alert:

These guys have been babied since High School, Ok maybe College, Where they were given cake classes, tutors, high school quality work, You know they usual benefits of "come play for us" and we'll take care of you, I seriously doubt they took any advanced chemistry, or 3rd year calculus, So we don't want to overwork their brains. Too much film and playbook studying might be too much. Let them buy speed boats, and 24 inch rims for their Bentlys, Stuff that us regular folk do on our time off.

That was funnier in my head. gol 'darnit this time laid off, I'm losing my sharp criticism of rich people.

It came across just fine my friend.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "molineviking" wrote:

Sarcasm alert:

That was funnier in my head. gol 'darnit this time laid off, I'm losing my sharp criticism of rich people.

It came across just fine my friend.

Well thank you, you're a kind, and honest man. ;D

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read.

:
    Time off from a physical standpoint is one thing, time off completely from the mental aspect is another.

What are we trying to do here?
    Dominate, win.
    That only comes from hard work.
    Again, they have the whole offseason to rest thier minds and bodies.
    I didn't read anything about the players being banned from the facilities and I doubt the coaches and staff are taking a week off.
    I think the 2nd and 3rd stringers will be back at the facilities getting better, if not I would question their work ethic.
    They DON'T need the break.
    Paymah and Asher Allen should be defending JJ as TJ throws to them.
    JJ working on punt returns.
    Reynaud should be getting treatments.
    Even some of the young 1st stringers like Loadholt and Sully should be coming back early to get better.
    Robison could go up against them when he's not learning to field kick returns by falling down

BUT I don't see any sense in making the older vets to be pushing their bodies more.
    Really, does PW need to risk injury with Hutch another week, study a playbook, or take another week of film watch of the Lions?

[size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast