Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Are the Vikings Getting Better??

Hey thanks snowinapril for TRYING to get this thread back on track. Usually,
    by the time a thread gets to 4 pages though, it's pretty much non relevant anyways...haha.

If the Vikes lose to Detroit, I don't think ANYONE will think we are back on track, though. haha. GO VIKES!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

We need to win out to be considered back on track...it's that simple!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"marantzo" wrote:
    OK, they are better behaved.
    LOL good point.
    ;D

I think we were getting better till the Pats game.
    Since then we have been pretty flat.
    Our run defense has been great but if nobody runs against you does it matter?
    Our special teams have gotten worse I think.
    As has been said many times if we could stop committing penalties that alone would make us better.
    The best thing that can be said is that we have lots of room to get better.

WWBGD

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I thought the Vikes were back on track when they beat Denny & the Cards.
    The Vikes need to yes, beat the Lions, but prove they can beat other teams like the Rams & Jets.
    If the Vikings show they can beat these teams, they are worthy of a playoff spot and could make a run because of some positive momentum.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Somebody was saying that it doesn't matter that over 70% of our losses this year were by less than a TD.
    I say kaka del toro.
    Having control of penalties alone would have resulted in a few more wins.
    Start putting a fix on the array of problems, all fixable and not major, the team could turn things around.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.
    New QB, WRs, more comfort with the system working on fine-tuning rather than implementation.
    I would be surprised if the team isn't back where it's suppose to be, respected, within a few years.
    As that some one was me, I'll say it again: no one gives a crap about point differencials. I can understand where you're coming from, but the next season will be a whole different ballgame. All we know for sure is that we wasted a good D this season. YOU DONT KNOW how the team will progress in the off season. You dont know which players will be brought in. You dont know how well they will fit the system. You dont know how might get injured. Working with longterm plan is very, very risky in today's NFL. In the era of free aganecy and the salary cap, you dont have 5 years to build a team. This aint Bud Grant time anymore. You either do it quickly, or you might get stuck in the rebuilding mode forever, like those poor Lions we are about smash today.
    ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Storm" wrote:
    Somebody was saying that it doesn't matter that over 70% of our losses this year were by less than a TD.
    I say kaka del toro.
    Having control of penalties alone would have resulted in a few more wins.
    Start putting a fix on the array of problems, all fixable and not major, the team could turn things around.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.
    New QB, WRs, more comfort with the system working on fine-tuning rather than implementation.
    I would be surprised if the team isn't back where it's suppose to be, respected, within a few years.
    As that some one was me, I'll say it again: no one gives a crap about point differencials. I can understand where you're coming from, but the next season will be a whole different ballgame. All we know for sure is that we wasted a good D this season. YOU DONT KNOW how the team will progress in the off season. You dont know which players will be brought in. You dont know how well they will fit the system. You dont know how might get injured. Working with longterm plan is very, very risky in today's NFL. In the era of free aganecy and the salary cap, you dont have 5 years to build a team. This aint Bud Grant time anymore. You either do it quickly, or you might get stuck in the rebuilding mode forever, like those poor Lions we are about smash today.
    ;D
    I see you point, but to say nobody cares about point differentials is pushing it too far.
    The running game, TOP, and run defense have long been considered the key to winning games and the Vikings are currently doing a good job in all three of those categories.
    They only need patches and have come a long way in the implementation of the new system.
    Yes, even in the salary cap era it is possible to build up the team.
    The difference is this year all new schemes, next year some new folks plugged into the schemes with some having experience within the schemes.
    I agree though, every year is a crapshoot and an injury away from being a wash if one of the key players underperforms or is injured.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345