Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Are the Vikings Getting Better??

"MensaTice" wrote:
    This crap is the reason we have Acumen instead of Prophet.
    More of this and we won't have Acumen or anyone who brings any substance anymore.
    Just dipshits like this kid.

And no, nobody cares about your opinion about one of the best posters on this site, especially after a well thought post.
    Wow, I only speak the truth, yet it's not a "well thought out post?" Sorry it wasn't four pages long. As much as it may hurt, it's the truth.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    lol, I think you're completely making up stuff that I said...but it's probably better than what I really said so I'll go with it.

In order to answer the question of whether the Vikings are getting better or not you would first have to define the scale of time you're looking at and which parts of the game you're looking at.
    My reference to them getting better is in regard to having a longer-term plan implemented that is more complex than putting bandaids on an scheme that has been run for over a decade in Minnesota.

Some people think it is blind homerism to still believe in the Vikings this year.
    Sloppy play, penalties galore, turnovers, and all the other inadequacies found on offense, special teams, and even defense.
    I always have hope in the team until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
    Have you looked at the other teams vying for a wildcard spot in the NFC?
    There are some very inconsistent teams involved in this race, the team that gets it together gets to have their jiggly butt handed to them in the first round of the playoffs probably....but finishing the season strong and having confidence going into next year is worth something.

This year, the main culprit that is easiest to spot is the offensive offense.
    The ground game of the offense has been doing well.
    If someone mentions 'air attack' while talking about the Vikings I typically wonder why they changed the topic and are talking about Iraq.
    The bottom-line is the interim QB didn't work out as planned by the coaching staff.
    This wasn't a grasp at straws like Schaub would have been.
    BJ had an established reputation as being a game manager and consistent, well, he hasn't held true to his colors.
    Couple that with losing 'marginal' Burleson in the 'reverse poison pill debacle' and MRob in the 'post nationally televised giving him accolades for being a hero drunk driving chase' and the #7 overall pick not being able to catch a velcro child's toy, an underperforming QB with marginal backup QBs, and new schemes and you end up with an offense that is luckily, at least, holding their own when it comes to the running game.

Somebody was saying that it doesn't matter that over 70% of our losses this year were by less than a TD.
    I say kaka del toro.
    Having control of penalties alone would have resulted in a few more wins.
    Start putting a fix on the array of problems, all fixable and not major, the team could turn things around.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.
    New QB, WRs, more comfort with the system working on fine-tuning rather than implementation.
    I would be surprised if the team isn't back where it's suppose to be, respected, within a few years.

Zygi is possibly the best owner in football.
    He's willing to put money into non-cap investments like the coaching staff and is fighting for a new stadium.
    I have never heard of someone offering to put up $1B of their own money to subsidize a stadium.
    Wilf also made a run on picking up the best coaching staff available in the offseason.
    He played hardball when other teams were still figuring out how to adjust the T.

The future is bright.
    The team is on the right track, without leadership there is no hope.
    For the first time in a long time I am optimistic about the leaders of this team.
    Whoa, dude, shut off the computer and do something else, just for a little bit. I promise you can come back on later. You need to find a NON-COMPUTER and NON-VIKING hobby. Not to be a jerk, but come on, Really?
    "C" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:
    More of this and we won't have Acumen or anyone who brings any substance anymore.

And no, nobody cares about your opinion about one of the best posters on this site, especially after a well thought post.
    Wow, I only speak the truth, yet it's not a "well thought out post?" Sorry it wasn't four pages long. As much as it may hurt, it's the truth.

WTF!?
    Wow, you've been here for less than 2 week & you come in here and accuse a longtime well respected member that his posts are not well thought out?

Acumen puts a lot of time & reasoning into his posts and has done so ever since I've been here.

Where is your reasoning or facts to support your claim that it is not a well thought out post? You haven't given even 1.

Then to make matters worse, after other members tell you it's uncalled for, you come back & say you speak the truth. LMFAO!

We need more posters like Acumen, not less of them.

I'm sorry, but your disclaimer of "Not to be a jerk" just doesn't cut it with me. That's exactly what you are doing.

Un-fucking believable!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Gift is offline Coordinator

"C" wrote:
    I can't post my opinion?
    My opinion is you could express your opinion without being a asshat.

Also,
    this board is so much better to have Acumen posting.
    Sure he rambles on, slips in little insults & draws all the wrong conclusions .
    That's what makes him a great person to argue football with.
    The "well said" guy better quote me on that pooh!

http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    Whoa, dude, shut off the computer and do something else, just for a little bit. I promise you can come back on later. You need to find a NON-COMPUTER and NON-VIKING hobby. Not to be a jerk, but come on, Really?
    You bring a convincing argument to the table, you must still be sulking over the loss of your Randy Moss self-wetting doll.
    Don't worry, if you're really really nice when you sit on Santa's lap at the mall he may put one of these in your stocking.

Get another hobby?
    I could perform more tasks than you with a lobotomy and Monte Pythonesque de-limbing.
    I love how guys know so much about people from a post.
    What really gets me is, if I remember correctly, there wasn't even any of my usual digs within the context of that post.

I love to debate over football, but when someone like you comes along and tries to play the game the fun is gone, I would rather debate my 6 yr. old son, at least there would be a challenge.
    Stick to video games, the real world would destroy you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

"C" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

You can post your opinion about the authors post, not about the author him/her -self
    It is against forum rules. To tell someone to back away from the computer, to ignore the content of the post, and direct your comments at the actual poster is not allowed.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:
    lol, I think you're completely making up stuff that I said...but it's probably better than what I really said so I'll go with it.

In order to answer the question of whether the Vikings are getting better or not you would first have to define the scale of time you're looking at and which parts of the game you're looking at.
    My reference to them getting better is in regard to having a longer-term plan implemented that is more complex than putting bandaids on an scheme that has been run for over a decade in Minnesota.

Some people think it is blind homerism to still believe in the Vikings this year.
    Sloppy play, penalties galore, turnovers, and all the other inadequacies found on offense, special teams, and even defense.
    I always have hope in the team until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
    There are some very inconsistent teams involved in this race, the team that gets it together gets to have their jiggly butt handed to them in the first round of the playoffs probably....but finishing the season strong and having confidence going into next year is worth something.

If someone mentions 'air attack' while talking about the Vikings I typically wonder why they changed the topic and are talking about Iraq.
    The bottom-line is the interim QB didn't work out as planned by the coaching staff.
    BJ had an established reputation as being a game manager and consistent, well, he hasn't held true to his colors.
    Couple that with losing 'marginal' Burleson in the 'reverse poison pill debacle' and MRob in the 'post nationally televised giving him accolades for being a hero drunk driving chase' and the #7 overall pick not being able to catch a velcro child's toy, an underperforming QB with marginal backup QBs, and new schemes and you end up with an offense that is luckily, at least, holding their own when it comes to the running game.

Somebody was saying that it doesn't matter that over 70% of our losses this year were by less than a TD.
    I say kaka del toro.
    Start putting a fix on the array of problems, all fixable and not major, the team could turn things around.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.
    New QB, WRs, more comfort with the system working on fine-tuning rather than implementation.
    I would be surprised if the team isn't back where it's suppose to be, respected, within a few years.

He's willing to put money into non-cap investments like the coaching staff and is fighting for a new stadium.
    I have never heard of someone offering to put up $1B of their own money to subsidize a stadium.
    Wilf also made a run on picking up the best coaching staff available in the offseason.
    He played hardball when other teams were still figuring out how to adjust the T.

The future is bright.
    For the first time in a long time I am optimistic about the leaders of this team.
    i hope no one thinks this guy is me because i used to have the same avatar. notice now that mine is of a kick a$$ mountain man?

and C Mac D youre allowed to post your opionion as long as youre not firing off on somebody because of their opionion.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Del Rio Guest

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Acumen" wrote:

I say kaka del toro.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.

The future is bright.
    i hope no one thinks this guy is me because i used to have the same avatar. notice now that mine is of a kick a$$ mountain man?

and C Mac D youre allowed to post your opionion as long as youre not firing off on somebody because of their opionion.
    Mr. Woo you have always had the best Screen name IMO, and when you added the kick ass mountain man avatar you went through the roof.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:

Your mountainman still looks like Will somehow.
    That is amazing!
    We looks like the unkempt and unemployed Will in anchorman. LOL!

"C" wrote:
    "MensaTice" wrote:

Not only did you attack another member, you hijacked this thread into something it wasn't intended to be.
    If we were all in kindergarten, I would take you by the hand over to Angel_Martin and ask you to apologize.

But instead, I am going to quote Angel_Martin's post and hope we can move forward.

BTW, opinions do not always = truth.

"Angel_Martin" wrote:
    Acumen and I were involved with a discussion debating whether the Vikings
    were on the right track.

I think everyone agrees the team is on the right track defensively, but the
    main debate is whether the offense is getting better. I did a little research and
    this is what I found over the last few years:

Year

Yards Per Game

Rush

Pass

Pts.

I think this year's team is still not up to par with past offenses prior to 2005, but upon further review, it does look like the team is doing slightly better than last year.
    An obvious upgrade at QB is needed and a gamebreaker receiver would
    certainly help.

Maybe this offense IS on the right track after all, but it is pretty slow. The running
    game is definitely better but we simply can not compete with too many teams with a QB that is performing this poorly. You can't turn the ball over in crucial situations
    like the Vikings have and expect to win consistently, even with a great defense.
    We are averaging almost 40 ypg over last year, yet still fewer points.

At least we know where our glaring deficiencies are and what we need to improve
    on during the off-season. Like Acumen said, we are losing a lot of close games.
    If you cut down on mistakes and add another 50 yards per game with a decent
    QB, we will add another touchdown per game and we will be winning a lot of those
    games.

Here is a chance to talk about the topic that was originally posted for discussion:

PASTED POSTs........

"Acumen" wrote:

I say kaka del toro.
    This year?
    Doubtful, but possible.
    Next year?
    Hell yes.
    This paragraph to me would suggest that it isn't necessarily Brad Johnson's fault.
    He is in the same position that I felt DC was in last year, and that was trying to hard to get that win.
    I am not advocating for BJ to be the QB next year but getting rid of him might not be an answer to our problems.
    Finding a QB on the next tier is.

I agree with the post about the Red Zone Offense and the Penalties.

Turnovers and Penalties alone would have given us 3 more wins.
    But that position could probably be taken by the teams that have lost to us.
    In the end, it comes down to being able to score more points than the other team.
    Even if you have to score with your D and Special Teams like the Bears do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast