Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    LOL, see, 3 recommended changes already. :P

    JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.
    Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.
    Ben is a prime example of a team carrying a QB. That first year he did nothing to help that team win that SB. The last was, I will give you. He played a lot bigger role. Still wouldn't put him on the field ahead of Carson, who, by the way, is a prime example of a team holding a QB back.

    You put Carson on the Vikes, or the Saints, and you would see a whole different QB, statistically.

    Cat can flat out play the game.

    And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me
    My bad. Tracking now.
    I get your point, and yes, I think Ben was incredibly overrated his rookie year. He was alright, managed the game and didn't get in trouble. However, he did waht he needed to, and won games. yes, they had a great team, but he played well. not top 10 well at that point yet, but well.

    He's improved, the superbowl a couple years ago was a perfect example of clutch play. The Packers game last year was the same. The guy's a good quarterback. I think deserving of top 10.

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    LOL, see, 3 recommended changes already. :P

    JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.
    Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.
    Ben is a prime example of a team carrying a QB. That first year he did nothing to help that team win that SB. The last was, I will give you. He played a lot bigger role. Still wouldn't put him on the field ahead of Carson, who, by the way, is a prime example of a team holding a QB back.

    You put Carson on the Vikes, or the Saints, and you would see a whole different QB, statistically.

    Cat can flat out play the game.

    And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me
    My bad. Tracking now.
    I get your point, and yes, I think Ben was incredibly overrated his rookie year. He was alright, managed the game and didn't get in trouble. However, he did waht he needed to, and won games. yes, they had a great team, but he played well. not top 10 well at that point yet, but well.

    He's improved, the superbowl a couple years ago was a perfect example of clutch play. The Packers game last year was the same. The guy's a good quarterback. I think deserving of top 10.
    Same reason I didn't put Shanchize on there even though the Jets did good. It was the team that carried him.

    On a side note, I can list a NFL team that carried a QB as well.......I won't though cause it would just piss people off.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    LOL, see, 3 recommended changes already. :P

    JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.
    Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.
    Ben is a prime example of a team carrying a QB. That first year he did nothing to help that team win that SB. The last was, I will give you. He played a lot bigger role. Still wouldn't put him on the field ahead of Carson, who, by the way, is a prime example of a team holding a QB back.

    You put Carson on the Vikes, or the Saints, and you would see a whole different QB, statistically.

    Cat can flat out play the game.

    And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me
    My bad. Tracking now.
    I get your point, and yes, I think Ben was incredibly overrated his rookie year. He was alright, managed the game and didn't get in trouble. However, he did waht he needed to, and won games. yes, they had a great team, but he played well. not top 10 well at that point yet, but well.

    He's improved, the superbowl a couple years ago was a perfect example of clutch play. The Packers game last year was the same. The guy's a good quarterback. I think deserving of top 10.
    Same reason I didn't put Shanchize on there even though the Jets did good. It was the team that carried him.

    On a side note, I can list a NFL team that carried a QB as well.......I won't though cause it would just piss people off.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Sanchez played like shit, I don't think anybody except jets fans will argue taht. Ben didn't. 98.1 rating, 66%, 2600 yards, 17 td's and 11 int's in 13 starts. Shit, I'd take that.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    LOL, see, 3 recommended changes already. :P

    JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.
    Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.
    Ben is a prime example of a team carrying a QB. That first year he did nothing to help that team win that SB. The last was, I will give you. He played a lot bigger role. Still wouldn't put him on the field ahead of Carson, who, by the way, is a prime example of a team holding a QB back.

    You put Carson on the Vikes, or the Saints, and you would see a whole different QB, statistically.

    Cat can flat out play the game.

    And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me
    My bad. Tracking now.
    I get your point, and yes, I think Ben was incredibly overrated his rookie year. He was alright, managed the game and didn't get in trouble. However, he did waht he needed to, and won games. yes, they had a great team, but he played well. not top 10 well at that point yet, but well.

    He's improved, the superbowl a couple years ago was a perfect example of clutch play. The Packers game last year was the same. The guy's a good quarterback. I think deserving of top 10.
    Same reason I didn't put Shanchize on there even though the Jets did good. It was the team that carried him.

    On a side note, I can list a NFL team that carried a QB as well.......I won't though cause it would just piss people off.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Sanchez played like shit, I don't think anybody except jets fans will argue taht. Ben didn't. 98.1 rating, 66%, 2600 yards, 17 td's and 11 int's in 13 starts. Shit, I'd take that.
    33 and 7 would be better but only if he didn't throw the game away with his last pass.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    This. Also I think Romo should be taken off and put Ben at 10 and move palmer up one
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  6. #26
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

    12purplepride28 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

    Watch this....

    1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    This. Also I think Romo should be taken off and put Ben at 10 and move palmer up one
    Initially I put Rivers ahead of Matt. I could live with putting him back there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 2010-2011 Vikings = 5-11 or 6-10..
    By Sajid28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
  2. Vikings Cheerleaders - 2010
    By Zeus in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM
  3. Vikings Need Cornerbacks In 2010
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM
  4. 2010 Vikings FA Targets
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
  5. Vikings 2010 opponents
    By Bill in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 08:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •