Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Last year, the Vikings got the benefit of playing against weaker quarterbacks early. That isnít the case this year. They will be facing the best quarterbacks the league has to offer, playing nine games against Pro Bowl signal-callers.
    Vikings to get NFLís best QBs in 2010
    Since when do the Vikings play the Colts this year? OHHHH! The author must be thinking of a Vikings-Colts Super Bowl matchup!

=Z=
    I didn't see him mention the colts anywhere. He mentioned manning at the end but he was talking about peyton manning. And I didn't see the chargers/rivers mentioned at all.

Anyways this article was a joke, pure and simple. We didn't play Alex Smith, Shaun Hill played in the niners game. Rodgers is a 3rd year starter, not a 2nd year starter. And tony romo is one of the best? The same tony romo that couldn't lead one TD scoring drive in the whole game against us? Yah cutler had his best game against us, but that doesn't make him one of the best. He was on a great offense with the broncos and the bears have nothing.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Last year, the Vikings got the benefit of playing against weaker quarterbacks early. That isnít the case this year. They will be facing the best quarterbacks the league has to offer, playing nine games against Pro Bowl signal-callers.
    Since when do the Vikings play the Colts this year? OHHHH! The author must be thinking of a Vikings-Colts Super Bowl matchup!

=Z=
    That would be a great Super Bowl matchup. However, Eli was the Manning the author was referring to.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    I didn't see him mention the colts anywhere. He mentioned manning at the end but he was talking about peyton manning. And I didn't see the chargers/rivers mentioned at all.

Anyways this article was a joke, pure and simple. We didn't play Alex Smith, Shaun Hill played in the niners game. Rodgers is a 3rd year starter, not a 2nd year starter. And tony romo is one of the best? The same tony romo that couldn't lead one TD scoring drive in the whole game against us? Yah cutler had his best game against us, but that doesn't make him one of the best. He was on a great offense with the broncos and the bears have nothing.
    I wouldn't just dismiss Romo like that, but yeah, the author is reaching a bit.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

I think Z was aluding to the fact that we won't be facing the "Best" QB's in the league.

Truth of the matter is, we won't be, but the list of QB's we will be facing this year are pretty damn good and alot of them are better than pretty damn good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    Also, has this site ever tied to make a consensus top 10 QB list? Because I doubt it would be possible. I know we had those 10- ten individual lists a while ago, but not a consensus forum-agreeing list.
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

Watch this....

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    We can't agree on anything. What makes you think we could agree on something as subjective as that?

Watch this....

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Watch this....

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer
    Leave Palmer off and replace him with Eli or Ben and thats pretty bang on. Maybe Rivers ahead of Schaub.
    LOL, see, 3 recommended changes already. :P

JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Watch this....

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer

JK, Eli, I worry about his wobbler in the cold and wind, thats why I have him below Palmer. Ben I could move up a bit, however, I don't like the way he holds onto the ball so much. Eventually he will go down. Sounds kindof trivial to leave him off the top 10, but thats me.......Always trivial.
    Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.

And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:

Watch this....

1. Peyton
    2. Brady
    3. Brees
    4. Noodle
    5. Rodgers
    6. Schaub
    7. Rivers
    8. Dnabb
    9. Romo
    10. Palmer

Ben has 2 rings, and has shown to be pretty damn good. Not nearly a Manning/Brady, or even a Rivers/Schaub kinda guy, but Palmer hasn't played well the past couple seasons, I'm sure he'll pick it up again, but so far, I think Ben is ahead.
    Ben is a prime example of a team carrying a QB. That first year he did nothing to help that team win that SB. The last was, I will give you. He played a lot bigger role. Still wouldn't put him on the field ahead of Carson, who, by the way, is a prime example of a team holding a QB back.

You put Carson on the Vikes, or the Saints, and you would see a whole different QB, statistically.

Cat can flat out play the game.

And it was only two corrections, Either Eli or Ben at #10 would have worked for me
    My bad. Tracking now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast