Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Vikings are giving that Manning starting qb to DE instead is all, and we are like the Bills or Raiders carrying a few qbs and compare the salary the Seahawks have tied up in Russell or Jackson, or the Bengals in Dalton and Johnson, Panthers with Newton and Anderson those aren't huge dollars in that position....and well the Jets have tons of guys at qb and one that gets the big contract that sucks
    Actually they are giving it to their RB

Adrian Peterson's nickname "AD'' -- short for "All Day'' -- can now also stand for "All done," as the Minnesota Vikings made their cornerstone running back the league's highest-paid tailback with a seven-year deal worth a maximum $100 million, including $36 million guaranteed, according to the player's agent, Ben Dogra. The deal comes the eve of Sunday's season opener at San Diego.
    The deal is worth $40 million over the critical first three years

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Floyd doesn't want an elite qb because they cost too much.
    I think we can get a lot of good QB play before they become elite.
    When their contract is up, you let them walk. I don't want to pay anyone more than 13 million a year. I still think its crazy that we would pay allen 17 million.
    I believe I said you can't afford to have elite players at every position. If we get an elite QB and their contract what are you going to do with Peterson and Kalil when he is due for his next contract?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I believe I said you can't afford to have elite players at every position. If we get an elite QB and their contract what are you going to do with Peterson and Kalil when he is due for his next contract?
    I'm agreeing with you slightly.
    I don't want to pay a QB 20 million a year as it will kill your team.
    I also don't want to pay a DE 17 million a year... but we are doing that.
    I still want a damn good passing game and a damn good QB running the show.
    That's why you draft build them up. Maybe extend them 1 time and then let them go.
    I don't mind paying a great QB in the 11 - 13 million range.

However, when it comes between a choice of having Allen for 17 or

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I don't want to pay a QB 20 million a year as it will kill your team.
    I also don't want to pay a DE 17 million a year... but we are doing that.
    I still want a damn good passing game and a damn good QB running the show.
    That's why you draft build them up. Maybe extend them 1 time and then let them go.
    I don't mind paying a great QB in the 11 - 13 million range.

However, when it comes between a choice of having Allen for 17 or
    No defensive end is worth 17 million. I doubt the Vikings expected to get to the final year on that contract.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Who cares? We'd have an elite QB, so we'd be in the playoffs every single year even if we let both of them go, however, I'm sure we could manage to sign at least one of them. Even if AD is the best running back of all time, an elite QB is worth at least twice that.
    Last edited by Randy Moss; 09-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Actually they are giving it to their RB
    They are giving it to both of them....

4/23/2008: Signed a six-year, $73.260 million contract. The deal contains $31 million guaranteed, including a $15.50 million signing bonus, a $4 million second-year "signing" bonus, and a $4 million guaranteed-for-injury roster bonus in the third season. 2013: $14,280,612, 2014: Free Agent
    9/10/2011: Signed a seven-year, $96 million contract. The deal contains $36 million guaranteed, $32 million of which is guaranteed for skill and the other $4 million for injury. Another $4 million is available through escalators. An annual $250,000 workout bonus is available throughout the life of the deal. 2013: $11.25 million, 2014: $11.75 million, 2015: $12.75 million, 2016: $14.75 million, 2017: $15.75 million 2018: Free Agent
    JA is guaranteed $31 mil over 6 yrs. 2013: $14,280,612.

AD is guaranteed $32 mil over 7 yrs. 2013: $11.25 million.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Question.... why is Marvin Mitchell starting at LB? Desmond Bishop had a better pre-season, yet Mitchell is the starter?

Bishop will be starting soon. Book it. This is just another bone-head move by the coaching staff.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Question.... why is Marvin Mitchell starting at LB? Desmond Bishop had a better pre-season, yet Mitchell is the starter?

Bishop will be starting soon. Book it. This is just another bone-head move by the coaching staff.
    Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. Bishop is the obvious choice to start. Although Frazier's comment did make it sounds like that position was in flux, so maybe they make the switch before the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. Bishop is the obvious choice to start. Although Frazier's comment did make it sounds like that position was in flux, so maybe they make the switch before the first game.
    Completely agree, Bishop will be starting soon enough. This coaching staff gets too 'cute' with personnel decisions. Just another remnant of the Childress era.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Completely agree, Bishop will be starting soon enough. This coaching staff gets too 'cute' with personnel decisions. Just another remnant of the Childress era.
    With that being said, this is the same coaching staff that views Jerome Simpson and Christian Ponder as legitimate starters. SMH...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast