Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WW84D is offline Training Camp

Vikings Game plan against the Fudge-Packers???

Ok people 3rd time is a charm! Is anyone going to the game? I am coming from DC and I will be wearing Full contact pads, Moss Jersey, Official VIkings game Pants, sox, and of course a helga hat. ( same as the redskins game) If anyone is going please let me know, I will definetly be an outta towner so any fellow vikings to have a couple drinks with would be great. Now to the Game Plan!!!

Ok guys your the Viking coaching staff......

We have already seen just about everything they have and what they run formation wise. What Offensive Gameplan do we have to keep the Pack guessing? But most importantly, what do we do on Defense to as mike tice would say "hold serve" on defense. Keep in mind, Willie Offord is our knew saftey not Corey Chavous.
    Sky rockets in flight....AFTERNOON DELIGHT!!!!

JohnnyBlood92 is offline Training Camp

WW84.. so you'll be looking something like this? LOL
    [img:d10b46c8b8]http://www.packerpalace.com/blog/billboard-gb3mn0.jpg[/img:d10b46c8b8]
    "The Green Bay Packers have never lost a football game. They just ran out of time."

-Vince Lombardi

skogs02 is offline Starter

Re: Vikings Game plan against the Fudge-Packers???

"WW84D" wrote:
    Ok people 3rd time is a charm! Is anyone going to the game? I am coming from DC and I will be wearing Full contact pads, Moss Jersey, Official VIkings game Pants, sox, and of course a helga hat. ( same as the redskins game) If anyone is going please let me know, I will definetly be an outta towner so any fellow vikings to have a couple drinks with would be great. Now to the Game Plan!!!

Ok guys your the Viking coaching staff......

We have already seen just about everything they have and what they run formation wise. What Offensive Gameplan do we have to keep the Pack guessing? But most importantly, what do we do on Defense to as mike tice would say "hold serve" on defense. Keep in mind, Willie Offord is our knew saftey not Corey Chavous.
    I'm going to the game and i know the area quite well but unfortanately i do not meet the drinking age.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Blitz all day, dont let up, who cares if we get beat, i just want to smack favre around, if we cant sack him lets get there right before he throws the ball and lay the WOOD!

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

BLITZ ALL DAY!!
    The linebackers can't cover too well,so might as well try to bring some heat!
    GO VIKINGS!! KILL PACKERS!!
    For that matter,the DB's don't cover too well either,so might as well send them too!
    GO VIKINGS!!KILL PACKERS!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

One for the rockers...

SACK ALL NIGHT...

BLITZ ALL DAY...

COME ON!

SACK ALL NIGHT...

BLITZ ALL DAY...

COME ON!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Folks, if you blitz all day, Brett Favre will eat you alive!

Mixing in the occasional blitz can be somewhat effective, but Favre is no greenhorn QB. He can see the blitz coming and beat it almost every time (assuming his receivers catch the ball).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Del Rio Guest

Brett Favre wont eat us alive. He will panick and throw a bunch of ill advised passess which could be a good think but then again could be a really bad thing for us.

No need to blitz though our LB's aren't that great at it. We have two of the best lineman in the game statistically. We will get our pressure the good old fashioned way. All I want to see from the LB's is a pair of steel ones as they break down and drive their feet instead of leaping and grabbing at jerseys.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The best way to throw Favre off is to throw a wrench in his game. He has not been sacked much this year (I think they broke their own record). So, take away his comfortable pocket and hopes he chucks it up for grabs!

I'll need one of these Sunday night!

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I agree that we need to blitz all day, but the DB's need to do their part and play bump & run coverage. All forms of coverage plays have gaps. The only time it works to frequently play cover 2 is when you have a premier defense that can handle the job, and even then they will get beat at times. Needless to say, the Vikings are not a premier defense.

However, a blitz that successfully penetrates the pocket will almost always work. The offense may get lucky occasionally, but the result is usually a sack or an incomplete pass. If the blitz is consistently effective, the opponent's passing game is completely shut down, enabling the D to put 8 men in the box on 1st and 2nd down due to a lack of confidence in the pass. It will also force a lot of 3rd and long situations. This limits their offensive options and time of possession.

The bottom line is that the blitz makes bad defenses good and good defenses better.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast