Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sufuvike93 is offline Rookie

Re: Vikings Game By Game Prediticions

I didn't like the part of this guys article that said: Week 10- Vikings will win unless favre has come back yet.

I don't think it would matter who their QB is, we could still beat them either way
    For God so loved the Vikings he gave us PURPLE JESUS

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Nice, I've been wanting to pull some predictions out of my hairy butt too, so here we go...so, I pulled out the ole purple goggles, but I still didn't see us getting to 13-3.
    Too tough of a stretch to start the year.
    I see us being in the mix, but still needing to finish strong to win the division.
    I think 10-6 is much more likely.

The first two games will be huge tests for our defense.
    Young QBs usually don't handle the pressure all that well, so provided we get the sacks we need, I think we can start out by beating GB on the road.
    But, they've got a pretty durn good D too, so it will likely be a close game.
    I'm giving us the vengeance edge!
    (*Wouldn't it be great to beat them on their turf during Lord Favre's retirement ceremony!!!!?!?!??!!
    Remember Moss in 98?
    First time beating them there in years...*)

At least we get the Colts at home, cuz I wouldn't give us much of a chance down there.
    I'm pretty sure that we will see lots and lots of 8 in the box to start the season, until TJ starts connecting on some deep balls to BB and Rice to make the enemy think twice.
    Prediction: Manning leads a last second or OT drive to beat us by a few points.

CAR is semi rebuilding, but Fox will be coaching for his job.
    This will be a beat em up, smash mouth type of game.
    Smith has always had our number, but that was Smoot, and Tice not helping him, and I think our pass rush will be better...good enough to get us a W.

On the road in TEN isn't going to be pretty.
    It'll be like looking at yourself in the mirror and being able to punch yourself in the mouth.
    We could be looking at a final score of 10-6, or 6-9.
    I think we've got better WRs now, but Vince has more starting experience.
    Since its there, I'm giving them the W and us an L.

At the Saints on MNF will be another test for our D.
    They've got a lot of weapons, and a good QB.
    They made lots of moves to improve their D, but a bunch of rookies likely won't be killin it right away.
    I think this is where TJack makes a statement by making up for early mistakes by leading a late game winning drive.
    W

Well, we better beat freakin DET at home!

At the Bears will be another tough game.
    Urlacher and Co. always seem to step it up vs. the Vikes.
    The outcome probably depends on who has more injuries by this point in the season.
    If the bear's D is all dinged out again, we'll probably win.
    I'm not counting on that, and they owe us for the 2 losses last year.
    L

BYE week...whew!
    The uphill battle is almost over.
    A week of rest and recovery will be pretty welcome at this point!!
    I will be stoked if we're at 4-3, but it could easily be 3-4 too.

With the extra week' preperation and the game at home, I think we'll destroy the Texans.
    I don't think their OL will be ready for our new and improved pass rush.
    (as long as we're not looking past them at GB!)

Payback time beotches!!!
    Rodgers goes down with a broken fingernail and Brohm isn't as ready as folks thought.
    7 sacks later, MIN sweep!!

Tampa Bay has always had our #.
    Even when we were 15-1, and they were 1-15.
    I think we'll be in the game, but that the elusive Garcia will steal the win.
    L

JAX is another mirror game...lots of similarities between our teams.
    A knock down drag-out fight, but their QB is pretty good, and they added some serious pass rush potential in the draft.
    I'm going to have to guess we get another L on the road.

Happy to be home in the dome, and by now you can bet on the Bears missing some players.
    This is where Berrian shows them what they're missing...WRs.
    How does a 35-7 win sound (with Hester getting the only score on a KR.)

All DET's new pieces might be coming together by this point, and DSmith will be looking for revenge, but is more likely to get burnt by BB, Rice, and/or Wade.
    I'm going to guess W.

At ARI will be another tough day for our D.
    Too many weapons and two good QBs.
    It will be up to TJack to beat the box and out shoot the Cards.
    Maybe he's ready for that kind of game, maybe not.
    I've got a bad feeling about this one.
    L

Pretty sure we can take out ATL at home.
    We'll stuff their run first philosophy and pressure their young and/or questionable QBs into mistakes.
    W

Those stinking Giants at home...I hate the Giants...why do we play them every durn year?
    Pass rush vs. pass rush.
    I'm going to guess that AP makes them pay for being too aggressive, and takes a screen pass to the house to seal the deal.
    W

10-6 won't be enough for a bye week, but will hopefully win us the division if not a wildcard.
    The pressure on our young QB will be more than ever before going into the playoffs, and we'll likely be lucky to get one win there.
    Obviously, most of these predictions rely heavily on us being mostly healthy for most of the year.
    If we've still got most of our guys going full speed, our improved pass rush might be enough to help balance out the TJack jitters, keep us in games late, so he can make up for any boo-boos he makes early in the game.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    LETS GET SOME!!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    Week 1- Couple of things I disagree with in his post, "Greatest Football Town Ever... Green Bay" hahaha... nuff said... Anyways, I think Rogers is going to come out looking strong and have a great game. I think it will be close in the 4th quarter with GB having the lead. Peterson tends to explode in the second half and I think he will follow suit here. I look for a 4th quarter 60-yard TD run by Peterson, giving the Vikings a win, 28-24.

Week 2- At home VS. the Colt's,We surprise a lot of people with this game, but Peyton proves to be too much for our secondary I think. I'm looking for a somewhat low scoring match, Indy wins 17-14.

Week 3- Home Vs. Panthers, Vikings, coming off of a disappointing loss to Indy... completely dismantle the Panthers. Look for Peterson to run wild in this game as well, in the 180-200 yards region. Vikes win 35-9.

Week 4- At the Titans, I agree with the writers assessment of our O-line their battle with Hanynesworth. Peterson and Taylor will be limited to around 150-combined-yards. Look for T-Jack to step up and out-play Vince Young... leaving many to eat crow. Vikes win 20-14.

Week 5- At the Saints: AP, on his way to an MVP-type season will have another huge game in the Big Easy... in fact, so will Taylor, both rushing for over 100 yards. Vikings win big 42-7.

Week 6- Home Vs. Lions: Well, as far as people saying "technically, the Lions have the Best QB in the NFC North"... all that talk will die, but people will start saying Calvin Johnson is the best WR in the NFC North, without a doubt. I think we'll see a good game from Jackson, 3 TDs and 1 INT, 243 yards... Vikes win 23-10

Week 7- Home Vs. Da Bears, Um.... Urlacher not happy? Well, neither will the rest of the Bears team after this game. Peterson has a mediocre game, but Sidney Rice has a HUGE game. I pretty much agree with the writers assessment... Vikes win 22-3

Week 8- Bye... which is technically a win...

Week 9- Home Vs. Texans, Nice game to have after the bye-week. Hopefully Schaub doesn't hit his stroke by this point, or else this could be a "L"... But, I'll play the optimist and say Vikings win 14-12.

Week 10- Home Vs. Packers, I'm gonna say Rogers has hit his stride, but Peterson and Taylor are just too much. Vikes sweep the Pack to everyone's surprise, Vikes win 19-14 (Allen gets a safety)

Week 11-At Bucs, T-jack will struggle this game... but he's had a pretty solid season, so there's no "Booty Call" yet. It's close, but the Bucs pull out the win 21-20

Week 12- At Jacksonville, I think the Jags are similar to the Vikes in terms of QB play... and the Vikes have a better running game, but I just feel like Jacksonville is further along as a team, they will pull out the win 17-9

Week 13- Home VS Da Bears- Grossman cries on the sidelines, Vikes win 35-12

Week 14- At Lions, Vikings are down by two in the final seconds of the game when they suddenly remember they're playing THE LIONS... Vikes win 20-14.

Week 15- At Cardinals, the Vikings... on the edge of the playoffs, revenge the team that took them out of the playoffs so long ago (well.. 5 or 6 years ago)... Leinart doesn't progess much this year and is possibly traded next year... Fitz gets a taste of the team he will join next year (Fitz, Rice, BB... sounds so nice)... Vikes win 34-27

Week 16-
    Home Vs Falcons, Their rookie QB will be starting by this point... and probably impressing a lot of people (but apparently not Joe Horn)... Vikes win 23-12

Week 17- Home Vs Giants, Vikings win 42-17.... just because I like reminding people in NYC about last season's game...

Well... I guess I have us going 13-3 too... hmm... didn't plan that.
    You are the master of the one liners.
    A couple of funny ones in there.

Colts.
    Lets not forget that they might be without Peytons favorite reciever as well.
    Our bigger OL should push thier smaller faster DL around a bit.
    By the way, I thought that about the Denver game last year as well.

The Texans DL worries me a bit.

I like the Jags running game and by week 12 thier rookie DE might have hit his stride.
    I look to see McKinnie (whoever is playing LT) struggle a bit here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Funny stuff C Mac D!!
    LOL!!

Urlacher not happy? Well, neither will the rest of the Bears team after this game.

Home VS Da Bears- Grossman cries on the sidelines

At Lions, Vikings are down by two in the final seconds of the game when they suddenly remember they're playing THE LIONS... Vikes win 20-14.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

The schedule

In 2007 we faced NFC East(32-32 in 06)
    and AFC West (34-30 in 06)
    In 2008 we ll face NFC South(29-35) and AFC South(42-22)

Besides
    that
    total ratio is higher for 2008 opp you gotta add
    that the W-L record by division is a little deceptive ,imho is much more better playing against a Div. with great diferences between their teams like for instance AFC East(28-36) with an almost sure L against NE ,but much more comfortable games against the rest of division,than playing against a tied Div. like this year NFC SOUTH which could have a very similar ratio W-L
    than AFC East but
    formed enterely by tough 7-9 ,8-8 or 9-7 teams.

Furthermore we ll play versus AFC South ,with put 3 out of 4 teams in the tough reaching AFC playoffs ,being the 4 one an 8-8 team like the Texans.
    If you add to the equation this year we ll have Giants(Wolrd Champs) and Arizona and last year we had two pieces of cake like Atlanta and Frisco...You can say without shadow of a doubt
    this year schedule is much much more complicated than previous 07....
    El underdog.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:

You are the master of the one liners.
    A couple of funny ones in there.

Colts.
    Lets not forget that they might be without Peytons favorite reciever as well.
    Our bigger OL should push thier smaller faster DL around a bit.
    By the way, I thought that about the Denver game last year as well.

The Texans DL worries me a bit.

I like the Jags running game and by week 12 thier rookie DE might have hit his stride.
    I look to see McKinnie (whoever is playing LT) struggle a bit here.
    Remember, all the teams we will be facing this season will do the same
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12