Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    It is an impressive structure that should provide stablity in the roster makeup, no emotional or reach additions.. best player amoung the group of minds is added. I like it... impressive move for the Purple People.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "pack93z" wrote:
    It is an impressive structure that should provide stablity in the roster makeup, no emotional or reach additions.. best player amoung the group of minds is added. I like it... impressive move for the Purple People.
    The first year it had its ups and downs.


    Fran Foley didn't see eye to eye with Studwell and the Chiller, mostly centered on how he ran the draft/picked players.

    Some heated discussions were held and then he was gone.

    It seems that Spielman gets along better with the staff and listens to thier inputs a bit more than Foley did.
    As long as that relationship is there then it will probably be OK.
    I for one believe that the old way of having a GM in place is the best solution incase there are any disagreements between the multiple legs of the Triad of many.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    It seems that Spielman gets along better with the staff and listens to thier inputs a bit more than Foley did.
    As long as that relationship is there then it will probably be OK.
    I for one believe that the old way of having a GM in place is the best solution incase there are any disagreements between the multiple legs of the Triad of many.
    But if they can operate as a team, it should provide more balance in player evals and decrease the amount of misses in drafting and more importantly high FA spending. More eyes on the options so to speak.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "pack93z" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    It seems that Spielman gets along better with the staff and listens to thier inputs a bit more than Foley did.
    As long as that relationship is there then it will probably be OK.
    I for one believe that the old way of having a GM in place is the best solution incase there are any disagreements between the multiple legs of the Triad of many.
    But if they can operate as a team, it should provide more balance in player evals and decrease the amount of misses in drafting and more importantly high FA spending. More eyes on the options so to speak.
    I hear ya but I give all most all credit to talent evaluation to the Scouting staffs.
    I do give Spielmen props for the way he worked the draft last year.

    Unlike Foley, he got players at alot lower picks then they were valued and also moved around a pick picking up extra picks for this year.

    Overall probably the best run draft by the Vikes that I can remember.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,835

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    I like this!

    "One thing the Wilfs have done within the front office is assemble a group of team players," said Lester Bagley, vice president of public affairs and stadium development. "We've got no glory hounds. No one has personal agendas. It's all a team agenda."
    Obviously, Fran didn't want to play nice.


    Last year's draft was amazing!!
    I'm pretty sure there were actually three trades.
    We moved down just a couple of spots in the second round, got our guy anyway (Rice), and got an extra fourth?
    Then, in the fourth, we moved up to snag Brian Robison, and still had that other fourth we sent the Broncos for an extra third this year!!!
    We got the contributors we needed, and an extra third that I, for one, am stoked about...SMOOOOTH ;D

    IF we can pull off another draft like the past one or two, this team is going to be looking competitive for the near future, regardless of what gets let go and comes our way via FA...which may be slim pickens again.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. #16
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    perfect time to throw out my favorite stat

    Last year the starting 22 players for the Colts that won the Super Bowl had only played for the Colts, no other team.


    Building through the draft is the best option, and with our front office we should be able to continue to do so


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    perfect time to throw out my favorite stat

    Last year the starting 22 players for the Colts that won the Super Bowl had only played for the Colts, no other team.


    Building through the draft is the best option, and with our front office we should be able to continue to do so
    Excellent point.

    I think that is what this staff is trying to do. The problem lies in the fact that they (previous regime) didn't draft well in the out years.


    We are not feeling the effects of that and will have to plug a few holes with FA (WR, DE) because of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    perfect time to throw out my favorite stat

    Last year the starting 22 players for the Colts that won the Super Bowl had only played for the Colts, no other team.


    Building through the draft is the best option, and with our front office we should be able to continue to do so
    Excellent point.

    I think that is what this staff is trying to do. The problem lies in the fact that they (previous regime) didn't draft well in the out years.


    We are not feeling the effects of that and will have to plug a few holes with FA (WR, DE) because of it.
    I wish more people would realize that.
    There are still some people on this board who think Tice was a better HC than Childress simply because his second season record was better.
    :
    They forget that Tice was reaping the benefits of Denny's drafts, and Childress is suffering still because of Tice's...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    perfect time to throw out my favorite stat

    Last year the starting 22 players for the Colts that won the Super Bowl had only played for the Colts, no other team.


    Building through the draft is the best option, and with our front office we should be able to continue to do so
    Excellent point.

    I think that is what this staff is trying to do. The problem lies in the fact that they (previous regime) didn't draft well in the out years.


    We are not feeling the effects of that and will have to plug a few holes with FA (WR, DE) because of it.
    I wish more people would realize that.
    There are still some people on this board who think Tice was a better HC than Childress simply because his second season record was better.
    :
    They forget that Tice was reaping the benefits of Denny's drafts, and Childress is suffering still because of Tice's...
    I blame Red for that and Red alone.
    He is the one who gutted the Scouting department.


    Studwell, who could be partly to blame if one didn't know better, does a great job of evaluating talent now that he has a bigger staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Re: Vikings front office: Four on the floor

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    perfect time to throw out my favorite stat

    Last year the starting 22 players for the Colts that won the Super Bowl had only played for the Colts, no other team.


    Building through the draft is the best option, and with our front office we should be able to continue to do so
    Excellent point.

    I think that is what this staff is trying to do. The problem lies in the fact that they (previous regime) didn't draft well in the out years.


    We are not feeling the effects of that and will have to plug a few holes with FA (WR, DE) because of it.
    I wish more people would realize that.
    There are still some people on this board who think Tice was a better HC than Childress simply because his second season record was better.
    :
    They forget that Tice was reaping the benefits of Denny's drafts, and Childress is suffering still because of Tice's...
    LOL! Yeah I can see where you think inheriting the following players made Childress suffer
    : ;

    Kenechi Udeze
    Mewelde Moore
    Kevin Williams
    E.J. Henderson
    Bryant McKinnie
    Pat Williams
    Antoine Winfield


    Childress' 2006 roster;

    CB/S
    Rashad Baker
    C/T
    Matt Birk
    S
    Greg Blue
    QB
    Brooks Bollinger
    WR
    Jason Carter
    C
    Ryan Cook
    LB
    Marquis Cooper
    LB
    Rod Davis
    TE/FB
    Jeff Dugan
    DE
    Ray Edwards
    LB
    Heath Farwell
    RB
    Ciatrick Fason
    LB
    Jason Glenn
    CB
    Charles Gordon
    CB
    Cedric Griffin
    LB
    Napoleon Harris
    LB
    E. J. Henderson
    C
    Anthony Herrera
    T
    Artis Hicks
    S
    Will Hunter
    G
    Steve Hutchinson
    QB
    Tarvaris Jackson
    DE
    Erasmus James
    WR
    Bethel Johnson
    QB
    Brad Johnson
    G
    Marcus Johnson
    DT/NT
    Spencer Johnson
    TE/HB/RB
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    P
    Chris Kluwe
    DT
    Ross Kolodziej
    LB
    Ben Leber
    C
    Cullen Loeffler
    K
    Ryan Longwell
    WR
    Maurice Mann
    T
    Bryant McKinnie
    WR
    Billy McMullen
    DE
    Jayme Mitchell
    RB
    Mewelde Moore
    WR
    Martin Nance
    TE
    Richard Owens
    RB
    Artose Pinner
    FB/RB
    Tony Richardson
    WR
    Marcus Robinson
    G/T
    Mike Rosenthal
    DE
    Darrion Scott
    S/CB
    Darren Sharper
    CB
    Dwight Smith
    DE
    Khreem Smith
    CB
    Fred Smoot
    RB
    Chester Taylor
    WR
    Travis Taylor
    LB
    Dontarrious Thomas
    DE
    Kenechi Udeze
    CB
    Ronyell Whitaker
    T
    Jason Whittle
    TE/RB
    Jermaine Wiggins
    DT
    Kevin Williams
    DT/NT
    Pat Williams
    WR
    Troy Williamson
    CB
    Antoine Winfield


    Tice's 2002 roster;

    WR
    Derrick Alexander
    K
    Gary Anderson
    WR
    D'Wayne Bates
    RB
    Michael Bennett
    LB
    Greg Biekert
    C/T
    Matt Birk
    QB
    Todd Bouman
    CB
    Ronnie Bradford
    S
    Jack Brewer
    K
    Doug Brien
    DE
    Lorenzo Bromell
    WR
    Kelly Campbell
    CB/S
    Tyrone Carter
    TE
    Matt Cercone
    WR
    Byron Chamberlain
    RB
    Doug Chapman
    S
    Corey Chavous
    LB
    Patrick Chukwurah
    LB
    Henri Crockett
    QB
    Daunte Culpepper
    WR
    Nick Davis
    G/T
    David Dixon
    K
    Hayden Epstein
    TE
    Hunter Goodwin
    T
    Adam Haayer
    LB
    Lemanski Hall
    DT
    Darius Holland
    DT/NT
    Chris Hovan
    WR
    Cedric James
    DE
    Lance Johnstone
    CB
    Eric Kelly
    G/T
    Lewis Kelly
    RB/HB
    Jimmy Kleinsasser
    G
    Corbin Lacina
    TE
    Brody Liddiard
    G/C
    Everett Lindsay
    G/T
    Chris Liwienski
    T
    Bryant McKinnie
    DE
    Kenny Mixon
    FB
    Harold Morrow
    WR
    Randy Moss
    LB
    Jim Nelson
    S
    Willie Offord
    S
    Jason Perry
    P
    Kyle Richardson
    NT
    Fred Robbins
    LB
    Nick Rogers
    S
    Brian Russell
    DE
    Talance Sawyer
    CB
    Carey Scott
    WR
    Chris Walsh
    DE
    Chuck Wiley
    CB
    Brian Williams
    RB
    Moe Williams
    LB
    Antonio Wilson
    C
    Cory Withrow
    RB
    James Wofford


    What he did inherit was the worthless coaching staff that Tice had to work with under Red's budget. Tice never had the luxury of Wilf's pocket book to aquire decent coaches.


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CC: Vikings Front Office
    By MindFreak in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
  2. Vikings Front Office Studying Talent
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
  3. With Vikings front office in flux, Wilf remains focused
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 08:56 PM
  4. Vikings looking at front office candidates
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:35 AM
  5. Front office moves!!!
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 10:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •