Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    [size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Fixtures up front click again[/size]

    It took years of growing pains and some wise spending for Matt Birk and the Vikings offensive line to be retooled to past precision.

    By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 21, 2007 - 10:27 PM



    This week was not the first time that Matt Birk was in the home locker room at Winter Park with six other Pro Bowl players. It also occurred in 2000, when he was elected to the NFC roster with Korey Stringer, Robert Smith, Daunte Culpepper, Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Griffith.....





    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    [size=13pt]Five decades, five lines[/size]

    By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 21, 2007 - 10:10 PM



    1966

    The Vikings had three offensive linemen -- left tackle Grady Alderman, left guard Milt Sunde and center Mick Tingelhoff -- make the Pro Bowl. Jim Vellone was at right guard and Doug Davis at right tackle.....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Patrick Reusse: Fixtures up front click again[/size]

    It took years of growing pains and some wise spending for Matt Birk and the Vikings offensive line to be retooled to past precision.

    By Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

    Last update: December 21, 2007 - 10:27 PM



    This week was not the first time that Matt Birk was in the home locker room at Winter Park with six other Pro Bowl players. It also occurred in 2000, when he was elected to the NFC roster with Korey Stringer, Robert Smith, Daunte Culpepper, Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Robert Griffith.....
    Nice read my friend.
    Just one little nugget to get on a soap box over.....

    The rebuilding of the offensive line started with the 2002 draft of left tackle Bryant McKinnie. Owner Red McCombs wouldn't pay McKinnie, and coach Mike Tice had the huge, raw rookie for only the final two months of the season.
    I thought the Head Coaches negotiated and paid all the contracts around here and not the front office pukes.


    (Sorry, couldn't let that one slide.
    Thats two times I've cracked myself up today
    ;D).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    The line might be "clicking", but IMO they are not clicking loud enough or on a consistant basis.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    "singersp" wrote:
    The line might be "clicking", but IMO they are not clicking loud enough or on a consistant basis.
    Don't get me going on Birk and the OL play again.
    I gave him some love in two threads.
    He'd better come through this weekend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,207

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The line might be "clicking", but IMO they are not clicking loud enough or on a consistant basis.
    Don't get me going on Birk and the OL play again.
    I gave him some love in two threads.
    He'd better come through this weekend.

    ;D
    I believe you also smacked him around in a couple of threads also so that makes it even.

    He must be sitting mid-way between the two columns on your list.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The line might be "clicking", but IMO they are not clicking loud enough or on a consistant basis.
    Don't get me going on Birk and the OL play again.
    I gave him some love in two threads.
    He'd better come through this weekend.

    ;D
    I believe you also smacked him around in a couple of threads also so that makes it even.

    He must be sitting mid-way between the two columns on your list.
    You know me, I have way to much invested in this team/org to be upset with anyone for very long.
    As for Birk he is still one of my favorites but would let him go in an instant (as I would with any one guy) if it meant making the Team/Org better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    hx38596's Avatar
    hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    456

    Re: Vikings: Fixtures up front click again

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    The line might be "clicking", but IMO they are not clicking loud enough or on a consistant basis.
    Don't get me going on Birk and the OL play again.
    I gave him some love in two threads.
    He'd better come through this weekend.
    ;D
    Yeah, i bet he will get tested.
    After the Bears film, if i was the redskins, i would be stunting Griffin and Montgomery across the face of Birk for penetration every run play.
    He didn't hold at all, just went backward.

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings front office: Four on the floor
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM
  2. CC: Vikings Front Office
    By MindFreak in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 04:04 PM
  3. Click for Cans...Vikings need clicks!
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 05:48 PM
  4. Vikings looking at front office candidates
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 09:35 AM
  5. Click For Cans 2005 - Vote for Vikings
    By NeoVikesTX in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 07:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •