Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings: Five things to know

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Berrian is part of receiving corps that could go six-deep, with rookie free agent Nate Jones pushing for a spot on the 53-man roster.
    Strange quote, (I was in the boonies for TC) what happened to Renaud (most likely misspelled) and Jaymar Johnson? I would have liked to see them push for that last spot, or Fergys role.

Does this mean Rice, Berrian, Fergy, Allison, Wade, and Jones will be the 6?
    Jaymar will be the 6th.
    After last night I am starting to think Nance has a very good chance. He had a great game. Damn near broke 100. Jaymar could be bumped to the practice squad.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings: Five things to know

"marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Berrian is part of receiving corps that could go six-deep, with rookie free agent Nate Jones pushing for a spot on the 53-man roster.
    Strange quote, (I was in the boonies for TC) what happened to Renaud (most likely misspelled) and Jaymar Johnson? I would have liked to see them push for that last spot, or Fergys role.

Does this mean Rice, Berrian, Fergy, Allison, Wade, and Jones will be the 6?
    Jaymar will be the 6th.
    After last night I am starting to think Nance has a very good chance. He had a great game. gol 'darnit near broke 100. Jaymar could be bumped to the practice squad.
    I'm very interested to see how they end up doing this...
    I think we all figure that there will be 6 recievers making the team with Berrian, Rice, Allison, Wade, Fergy having a spot.
    For the 6th it will come down to the three players we have been talking about Johnson, Nance, Reynaud.

Johnson- From what I saw when I was at training camp, Jaymar had great hands and ran nice solid routes.
    His help in the return game(as stated before) will free Bobby Wade and let him rest which will also help us.
    It gives us a backup plan just incase something happens to Aundrae or Maurice.

Nance-
    As stated before, Nance is off and on, but when he is on he is on FIRE.
    The Ravens game was a prime example.
    He took over that game in the secondary.
    He works hard at practice day in and day out and has been with the team awhile (I believe).
    It seems he is a fan favorite among Viking faithful at camp but can he cut down on the drops.
    That is the main concern.
    I believe Nance is a good blocking option at WR also to put along side Ferguson.

Reynaud-
    DR will have trouble making the team I believe.
    With the two guys I just spoke about vying for the same spot he is, I don't think its going to happen.
    Yes he has been spectacular in the return game, but Hicks was brought in for that purpose and Allison has emurged as a threat on Special Teams also.
    DR could end up on the practice squad when it is all said and done.

Well there was my little rant, sorry.
    In the end, I see Jaymar Johnson as our 6th and final reciever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12