Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings: Five things to know

[size=13pt]Vikings: Five things to know[/size]

By Clark Judge
    CBSSports.com
    Senior Writer

1. Watch the team's quarterbacks at practice, and you see them wearing what look like sunglasses. They're something coach Brad Childress called "strobe spectacles," and they're a training device marketed by Nike.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

Re: Vikings: Five things to know

2. Owner Zygi Wilf is a frequent visitor to practice, and this is what I like about him: Not only is he approachable, he does not draw attention to himself while standing on the sideline. Here's something else I like about him: When a trainer challenged him to field punts one afternoon at practice, insisting he couldn't catch one, Wilf took him up on it -- walking on the field in front of an audience of Vikings fans. He caught three of six. I knew there was a reason I liked this guy.
    That is cool!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Berrian is part of receiving corps that could go six-deep, with rookie free agent Nate Jones pushing for a spot on the 53-man roster.
    Strange quote, (I was in the boonies for TC) what happened to Renaud (most likely misspelled) and Jaymar Johnson? I would have liked to see them push for that last spot, or Fergys role.

Does this mean Rice, Berrian, Fergy, Allison, Wade, and Jones will be the 6?

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I hope Sidney Rice has a break out season this year! We could have absolute studs at WR and RB for the next 10 years (ala Dallas in the 90s) if we play our cards right!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Berrian is part of receiving corps that could go six-deep, with rookie free agent Nate Jones pushing for a spot on the 53-man roster.
    Strange quote, (I was in the boonies for TC) what happened to Renaud (most likely misspelled) and Jaymar Johnson? I would have liked to see them push for that last spot, or Fergys role.

Jaymar will be the 6th.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings: Five things to know[/size]

By Clark Judge
    CBSSports.com
    Senior Writer

1. Watch the team's quarterbacks at practice, and you see them wearing what look like sunglasses. They're something coach Brad Childress called "strobe spectacles," and they're a training device marketed by Nike.....

The WR's also are working with the goggles.
    They were mostly working on going across the middle with them and fade's in the corner of the endzone.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"jessejames09" wrote:

I think this means that Jones made a good catch the day he was at the Vikings camp.

If they go with 6 WRs, I like Jaymar's chances, as well as Reynaud and Nance, before Nate Jones.

Jones would almost certainly go unclaimed if waived at the final cutdown, and could be signed to the practice squad.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

I think this means that Jones made a good catch the day he was at the Vikings camp.

If they go with 6 WRs, I like Jaymar's chances, as well as Reynaud and Nance, before Nate Jones.

Jones would almost certainly go unclaimed if waived at the final cutdown, and could be signed to the practice squad.
    I've made it to over 10 practices this year, and agree completely.

Reynaud is alright, he's undersized (listed as 5-9), but has already shown his worth in the return game.
    Granted I think we already have our KR game set with Hicks and Allison... this will be the reason I do not see him making the squad, unless he lights it up the next 3 exhibition matches

Nance has his ups and downs.
    He's a big, tall receiver (listed as 6-3 212).
    He's shown the coaches his spectacular ability to just go up and reach over the defender grabbing the ball right out of their mitts.
    He has had a few too many drops for my liking, but he has still been a solid contributor throughout training camp, imo.

Jaymar is the most likely candidate to make the squad in my opinion.
    He's shown flashes of his talent, often being the favorite target of the backup QBs when he's on the field.
    While he hasn't been spectacular in the receiving game, he's been serviceable.
    The thing that sells him, however, is that for many camps he's gotten the sole looks as the teams Punt Return man.
    Adding Jaymar to the return unit will free Bobby Wade from the role, allowing him to be more rested and takes away the risk of him being injured on a special teams play.

Nate Jones has done nothing to separate himself from the pack, as of yet.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

In all reality being undersized isn't a huge deal, look at Steve Smith and my personal favorite... Wes Welker, don't get me wrong... a randy moss is amazing

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    In all reality being undersized isn't a huge deal, look at Steve Smith and my personal favorite... Wes Welker, don't get me wrong... a randy moss is amazing
    Floop Rand Moss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast