Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Run D didn't look very good today my freinds, especially after our RDE playing LDE went down and our situational pass rushing RDE had to come in and play LDE in our base 4-3 sets......
    anybody know what the story is on Edwards? Is it anything serious or can we expect him back in the lineup next week?

  2. #12
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    Im not sure why you think Ray would be better at RDE Marr?

    He played LDE in college and said he prefers it

  3. #13
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,495

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    Where are those Cardinal fans that were talking about Minnesota's run-D being "pretty good" and not the best?

    3 years as the #1 run defense, first team since the NFL merger to do that.

    I'd say that's the best.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "V4L" wrote:
    Im not sure why you think Ray would be better at RDE Marr?

    He played LDE in college and said he prefers it
    Two things.....

    a.
    He has done better over there this year than I expected, however, he does wear down as I said he would.
    Leslie needs to rotate him out a bit more.

    b.
    Sure he played LDE in college but is/was a bit light to play it at this level.
    He added the weight but has struggled a bit with injuries this year, as I suspected.

    Again, he has done a good job over there but I still feel he would be alot better coming in at LDE or RDE as a sub for Keneche or JA on passing downs were he could really use his skills better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Im not sure why you think Ray would be better at RDE Marr?

    He played LDE in college and said he prefers it
    Two things.....

    a.
    He has done better over there this year than I expected, however, he does wear down as I said he would.
    Leslie needs to rotate him out a bit more.

    b.
    Sure he played LDE in college but is/was a bit light to play it at this level.
    He added the weight but has struggled a bit with injuries this year, as I suspected.

    Again, he has done a good job over there but I still feel he would be alot better coming in at LDE or RDE as a sub for Keneche or JA on passing downs were he could really use his skills better.

    MMM..

    I can see your point.. But at this point with who we have he is the best fit we have at LDE

    And he did a good job this year... MAYBE could have done better at RDE.. But there isn't room there for him


  6. #16
    huxx is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    This is an awesome accomplishment...another reason why we might lose another DC to a Head Coaching job in the offseason...I hope not.

    Yes we didn't look that good today, but the Giants have great backs and a really solid O-Line.
    Also, without Big Pat there, it was a tough challenge for us.

    Great job D!

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is online now Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Im not sure why you think Ray would be better at RDE Marr?

    He played LDE in college and said he prefers it
    Two things.....

    a.
    He has done better over there this year than I expected, however, he does wear down as I said he would.
    Leslie needs to rotate him out a bit more.

    b.
    Sure he played LDE in college but is/was a bit light to play it at this level.
    He added the weight but has struggled a bit with injuries this year, as I suspected.

    Again, he has done a good job over there but I still feel he would be alot better coming in at LDE or RDE as a sub for Keneche or JA on passing downs were he could really use his skills better.

    MMM..

    I can see your point.. But at this point with who we have he is the best fit we have at LDE

    And he did a good job this year... MAYBE could have done better at RDE.. But there isn't room there for him
    RDE's of his ilk are situational guys.
    They can come in at RDE, DT, LDE, LB etc.
    Lots of room for cats like him.
    I expect Otis or someone like him will be gone next year allowing Ray to slip into that backup/situational role much like we see as a good fit for Robison.

    Here's hoping Keneche comes back strong........

    Can you imagine this D with him at the LDE spot?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Im not sure why you think Ray would be better at RDE Marr?

    He played LDE in college and said he prefers it
    Two things.....

    a.
    He has done better over there this year than I expected, however, he does wear down as I said he would.
    Leslie needs to rotate him out a bit more.

    b.
    Sure he played LDE in college but is/was a bit light to play it at this level.
    He added the weight but has struggled a bit with injuries this year, as I suspected.

    Again, he has done a good job over there but I still feel he would be alot better coming in at LDE or RDE as a sub for Keneche or JA on passing downs were he could really use his skills better.

    MMM..

    I can see your point.. But at this point with who we have he is the best fit we have at LDE

    And he did a good job this year... MAYBE could have done better at RDE.. But there isn't room there for him
    RDE's of his ilk are situational guys.
    They can come in at RDE, DT, LDE, LB etc.
    Lots of room for cats like him.
    I expect Otis or someone like him will be gone next year allowing Ray to slip into that backup/situational role much like we see as a good fit for Robison.

    Here's hoping Keneche comes back strong........

    Can you imagine this D with him at the LDE spot?


    I don't think Udeze would take his spot.. He is decent..

    Coming off not playing in a year I gotta think he will be back up

    And im ok with Ray there.. Coaches are too

  9. #19
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    I didn't realize what a big piece of the running game Ray Edwards played till he got injured. Robison is good but couldn't sustain the entire game. That coupled with Napolean Harris trying to plug the hole hurt us. Still, it's a remarkable feat.

    We got nailed today but that was due to injury. Nice job.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  10. #20
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Vikings finish as top run defense

    "Big" wrote:
    I didn't realize what a big piece of the running game Ray Edwards played till he got injured. Robison is good but couldn't sustain the entire game. That coupled with Napolean Harris trying to plug the hole hurt us. Still, it's a remarkable feat.

    We got nailed today but that was due to injury. Nice job.

    Yah Robison gets thrown around


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Jenkins Unable To Finish Vikings' Playbook
    By josdin00 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. Even with these stupid lists, the Vikings can't finish number one
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 08:12 AM
  3. Vikings must learn to finish off their foes
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 06:27 AM
  4. Vikings will finish 12-4 this season
    By DaunteHOF in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 02:45 AM
  5. How will the Vikings finish out this season?
    By BigEasyViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 05:44 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •