Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Vikings find their footing!

The touchdown pass to Marcus Robinson in the second quarter on third and 17 was no different than what Brad Johnson tried on third and long in two previous games. He made the read and made the throw.

Marcus made such a decisive cut toward the post it fooled the corner, who let him go, and the safety who bought the post move.

Johnson threw the ball when he saw the receiver was going to be open and bombed them for a 40 yard TD.

Most people won't recognize this as the turning point in the game, but it was.

It inspired the defense who came out on fire the next two series to pressure Hasselbeck and rattle him into ineptitude.

Much will be said about Hasselbeck getting injured as the turning point. but those who watch closely know the game was already over for the Seahawks.

This Vikings offense is starting to click. The line is playing better the last two games but the right side has room for improvement. It's not all Hicks.Johnson is inexperienced and may improve but I'm worried he may be too slow.However, if the right side starts to play well, we will have a very good offense.

Birk is starting to get out in front to block the last two games, and though not back to where he was, is having a pronounced positive impact on the over all line play the last two games.

The linebacker play was great today.

Roynell was burned for the second time this season, but where was his help over the top?

Smoot was Smoot; average to slightly above average. If he is our weak link we still have a pretty good secondary.My personal guess is Fred won't be starting for the Vikings by mid-season next year, if not sooner.

Chester was amazing.

Leber showed up big.

M. Robinson is a play maker!

The special teams actually covered and blocked well today for the first time all season.

And what I like best of all is great coaching today.

Childress showed great creativity in his play calling and a commitment to what it would take to beat Seattle,the run.

Not only that, he went for the stake in the heart and tried to win rather than trying to not lose.

We got Ethan started out on the right foot with a Vikings victory.

And I dedicate the PPO game ball to Freya.

I know this is one of those games where most things went right.

But it's also one of those games that shows the potential many of us here thought we saw all along.

This team may well be, just now, finding it's footing!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings find their footing!

Works for me!!!

Great game today...the offense finally carried their weight!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

ABOUT TIME!!!! hallelujah. Still the media doesn't want to pay us any attention, which is turning out to be a positive. The more attention we get, the more we'll worry about other things than football. SKOL Vikes
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

M-Rob is a great TD threat.
    We need to start going to him more in the redzone.

Did Chester really play that good?
    I really dont know I didnt get to watch 3 quarters of the game. I saw the first quarter and he had some really good rushes. But... Minus the long TD he rushed for 2.8 yards a carry.
    Im not one to try to take away from a performance but doesn't look like he did so hot.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

MinnyFan is offline Rookie

i think we need to start goin to him more period

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"MinnyFan" wrote:
    i think we need to start goin to him more period
    Good point.
    We all hope Williamson can get over his Dropped Ball Syndrome.
    But in all reality a physical deficit such as butterfingers is not something as readily correctable as say O-Line comradery. I remember that being one of the analysts critisism on draft day. Maybe the fix is to admit his weakness and pass to others more often.
    Maybe even Jason Carter.
    Eh eh eh.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

aceclown is offline Coach

"Billy" wrote:

I really dont know I didnt get to watch 3 quarters of the game. I saw the first quarter and he had some really good rushes. But... Minus the long TD he rushed for 2.8 yards a carry.
    Im not one to try to take away from a performance but doesn't look like he did so hot.
    Wow, I really hope youre joking.
    Dude goes out and posts the longest TD from scrimmage in Vikings history and you depict his performance as "not so hot".
    Wow.

Chuch.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"Braddock" wrote:
    ABOUT TIME!!!! hallelujah. Still the media doesn't want to pay us any attention, which is turning out to be a positive. The more attention we get, the more we'll worry about other things than football. SKOL Vikes
    Good we want to stay off the media radar it just creates headaches. Look NE is winning and no one is talking about them.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:

Take a few moments and look at RB performances for over 100 yds in the history of the NFL.
    The majority contain a few breakaway runs, this is nothing new.
    Pound the ball and get a breakaway or two.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Del Rio Guest

We have the #2 rated rush defense in the entire NFL. If Dallas gives up over 90 yards tonight we will be #1.

Just food for thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast