Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    My early take on this season....

1 8 Sep @ Detroit Lions
    Iím getting tired of how great Stafford is. 17 TDís vs 20 INTís isnít what I call great and thatís with the best WR in the league on your roster. Defense isnít much better. They tried to fix their running game with Bush (like heís been the solution as a every down back before), made some off season moves, but they arenít a team. And in the ultimate team game, thatís whatís important. Vikes Win 23-17
    2 15 Sep @ Chicago Bears
    Aging defense still only gave up 17 points a game, but really came apart as the season wore on. Old guys just canít hold up to a rigorous schedule and the offense was even more disappointing. Enter a HCíing change. Trestman is known for getting the most out of QBís and has worked with Cutler before. In the end, a new LB corps (For the Bores) and a certain DE vs Bushrod will be the difference in this one. Vikes Win 30-17
    3 22 Sep Cleveland Browns
    Sometimes who a team plays the week before has a big impact on what happens the following week. In this case, the Brownies get to see us after a Ravens meeting. After watching this team last year, they are a team I wouldnít have wanted to meet, but that was a year ago. Iím still a bit worried about them and think this is one of the hardest games to pick, but because of the changes at WR (very very young) and almost as young of a OL (Joe Thomas aside) we will show how improved we really are after going 3-0. Vikes win 23-17
    4 29 Sep Pittsburgh Steelers (in London, England)
    I hate games that take our team out of their regular schedule. I wish every game could be on a Sunday afternoon. In the end, the Steelers were a legitimate 8-8 team. Heath Millers ACL tear (status) will be a big player in this outcome, however, I believe that all the changes on the defense as well as on the offense will be to much for this team to do much better than to hope for a 8-8 season and the Vikes wonít be one that adds to their win column. Vikes win 33-13
    5 BYE WEEK BYE WEEK
    6 13 Oct Carolina Panthers
    Last year we gave up 30 + points to two running QBs (Seattle/Wash). Newton will look to exploit what was a weakness last year. I think this is the first game we see if Erin (or whoever) at MLB and improved play at the DT spot helps. In the end, the Panthers, as I type, are team in a mess. Lots of player issues (contracts) that need to be addressed before I give this team a win. Better play by our offense, keeps our defense off the field and the limited times Newton gets on the field he becomes more and more flustered that we play a ďContain the QBĒ defense that caused them to lose so many games last year before their late season streak. Vikes Win 23-17
    7 21 Oct @ New York Giants
    Our bubble is burst. This team is a sound team that can and will beat just about any team with a weakness at home. Eli is the better QB of the manning family and he picks apart our defense as his improved OL keeps him from getting dirty. Only way this isnít a win for the Giants is if the wind blows, a storm pores down and AD is allowed to do his thing in that environment. Vikes Lose 23-13
    8 27 Oct Green Bay Packers
    Iím really really really looking forward to this one. We showed the crack in the armor and the 49írs and Deadskins showed how to exploit it. Run the ball. Capers will be on the hot seat from week one when he goes back up against the 49rís in week one and then again in week two vs the Deadskins. Iím not so sure the loss of Jennings will hurt as much as their record when they face us. After a thumping by the Giants, the Vikes get it together and take it to the PUKERS. Vikes win 27-13
    9 3 Nov @ Dallas Cowboys
    This one is easy. Jerry Jones used his first round pick on a third round center. My warpig has shown some flash leading up to this one, he, Everson, Rob and JA take this one over and if Romo makes it through it alive it will be a miracle. No offense from the Cowgirls means a lot of AD on the ground with very little effort from our passing game. Vikes win 33-3
    10 7 Nov Washington Redskins
    See my comment about running QBís in the Panthers analysis above, but the real concern in this one isnít RGIII. For as much hype as that cat garnered last year, the real problem is that RB (Morris). In the end, I donít think theyíve done enough to fix a bad secondary. Hell, they were desperate enough to try to bring in Winnfield for goodness sakes. Vikes win 28-17
    11 17 Nov @ Seattle Seahawks
    See my comment about running QBís in the Panthers analysis above. As with the Deadskins, their running game is the concern in Lynch. Mix that with what should be the toughest WR corps we face (yes even better than the PUKERS) and I think itís too much for our defense. Vikes lose 35-17
    12 24 Nov @ Green Bay Packers
    I donít think weather is a issue with this team anymore and I donít think winning on the road in bad weather is an issue anymore. This one comes down to the PUKERs trying to save a season and the Vikes trying to keep a good one rolling after a bad loss to a playoff caliber team. By this time I think Capers is gone and McCarthy could start feeling the heat as well as they still canít figure out how to get a running game going or stop a team that has a sound running game balanced out with just enough passing to keep them off balance. Vikes win 35-17
    13 1 Dec Chicago Bears
    The Bores have figured out, along with their fans, that this is in fact a rebuilding year. Although Cutlers numbers have been up, the defense has been a letdown. Vikes win back to back Div games and sweep both the Bores and PUKERs in the same year. Vikes win 35-17
    14 8 Dec @ Baltimore Ravens
    I donít care what anyone thinks. Ozzy is a hell of a GM and had this team ready for this yearís change. The lucky addition (thanks to a faulty fax) at DE, has them still a very dangerous team. Alas, it isnít enough vs what will become the yearís hottest team. Vikes win 28-23
    15 15 Dec Philadelphia Eagles
    Who knows what this team is going to look like. Vikes win 35-10
    16 22 Dec @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Bengals brought back some key players. Added some new talent at S and doubled up on TEís by taking the best one In the draft. In the end, the Vikes have the division sowed up by now and they elect not to get anyone hurt in this one and play several backup players. Vikes lose 35-17
    17 29 Dec Detroit Lions
    Same as the Bengals, Vikes only play their starters the first quarter or so and beat a team in complete disarray after another blown season. Vikes Win 14-10
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    My early take on this season....

1 8 Sep @ Detroit Lions
    Iím getting tired of how great Stafford is. 17 TDís vs 20 INTís isnít what I call great and thatís with the best WR in the league on your roster. Defense isnít much better. They tried to fix their running game with Bush (like heís been the solution as a every down back before), made some off season moves, but they arenít a team. And in the ultimate team game, thatís whatís important. Vikes Win 23-17
    2 15 Sep @ Chicago Bears
    Aging defense still only gave up 17 points a game, but really came apart as the season wore on. Old guys just canít hold up to a rigorous schedule and the offense was even more disappointing. Enter a HCíing change. Trestman is known for getting the most out of QBís and has worked with Cutler before. In the end, a new LB corps (For the Bores) and a certain DE vs Bushrod will be the difference in this one. Vikes Win 30-17
    3 22 Sep Cleveland Browns
    Sometimes who a team plays the week before has a big impact on what happens the following week. In this case, the Brownies get to see us after a Ravens meeting. After watching this team last year, they are a team I wouldnít have wanted to meet, but that was a year ago. Iím still a bit worried about them and think this is one of the hardest games to pick, but because of the changes at WR (very very young) and almost as young of a OL (Joe Thomas aside) we will show how improved we really are after going 3-0. Vikes win 23-17
    4 29 Sep Pittsburgh Steelers (in London, England)
    I hate games that take our team out of their regular schedule. I wish every game could be on a Sunday afternoon. In the end, the Steelers were a legitimate 8-8 team. Heath Millers ACL tear (status) will be a big player in this outcome, however, I believe that all the changes on the defense as well as on the offense will be to much for this team to do much better than to hope for a 8-8 season and the Vikes wonít be one that adds to their win column. Vikes win 33-13
    5 BYE WEEK BYE WEEK
    6 13 Oct Carolina Panthers
    Last year we gave up 30 + points to two running QBs (Seattle/Wash). Newton will look to exploit what was a weakness last year. I think this is the first game we see if Erin (or whoever) at MLB and improved play at the DT spot helps. In the end, the Panthers, as I type, are team in a mess. Lots of player issues (contracts) that need to be addressed before I give this team a win. Better play by our offense, keeps our defense off the field and the limited times Newton gets on the field he becomes more and more flustered that we play a ďContain the QBĒ defense that caused them to lose so many games last year before their late season streak. Vikes Win 23-17
    7 21 Oct @ New York Giants
    Our bubble is burst. This team is a sound team that can and will beat just about any team with a weakness at home. Eli is the better QB of the manning family and he picks apart our defense as his improved OL keeps him from getting dirty. Only way this isnít a win for the Giants is if the wind blows, a storm pores down and AD is allowed to do his thing in that environment. Vikes Lose 23-13
    8 27 Oct Green Bay Packers
    Iím really really really looking forward to this one. We showed the crack in the armor and the 49írs and Deadskins showed how to exploit it. Run the ball. Capers will be on the hot seat from week one when he goes back up against the 49rís in week one and then again in week two vs the Deadskins. Iím not so sure the loss of Jennings will hurt as much as their record when they face us. After a thumping by the Giants, the Vikes get it together and take it to the PUKERS. Vikes win 27-13
    9 3 Nov @ Dallas Cowboys
    This one is easy. Jerry Jones used his first round pick on a third round center. My warpig has shown some flash leading up to this one, he, Everson, Rob and JA take this one over and if Romo makes it through it alive it will be a miracle. No offense from the Cowgirls means a lot of AD on the ground with very little effort from our passing game. Vikes win 33-3
    10 7 Nov Washington Redskins
    See my comment about running QBís in the Panthers analysis above, but the real concern in this one isnít RGIII. For as much hype as that cat garnered last year, the real problem is that RB (Morris). In the end, I donít think theyíve done enough to fix a bad secondary. Hell, they were desperate enough to try to bring in Winnfield for goodness sakes. Vikes win 28-17
    11 17 Nov @ Seattle Seahawks
    See my comment about running QBís in the Panthers analysis above. As with the Deadskins, their running game is the concern in Lynch. Mix that with what should be the toughest WR corps we face (yes even better than the PUKERS) and I think itís too much for our defense. Vikes lose 35-17
    12 24 Nov @ Green Bay Packers
    I donít think weather is a issue with this team anymore and I donít think winning on the road in bad weather is an issue anymore. This one comes down to the PUKERs trying to save a season and the Vikes trying to keep a good one rolling after a bad loss to a playoff caliber team. By this time I think Capers is gone and McCarthy could start feeling the heat as well as they still canít figure out how to get a running game going or stop a team that has a sound running game balanced out with just enough passing to keep them off balance. Vikes win 35-17
    13 1 Dec Chicago Bears
    The Bores have figured out, along with their fans, that this is in fact a rebuilding year. Although Cutlers numbers have been up, the defense has been a letdown. Vikes win back to back Div games and sweep both the Bores and PUKERs in the same year. Vikes win 35-17
    14 8 Dec @ Baltimore Ravens
    I donít care what anyone thinks. Ozzy is a hell of a GM and had this team ready for this yearís change. The lucky addition (thanks to a faulty fax) at DE, has them still a very dangerous team. Alas, it isnít enough vs what will become the yearís hottest team. Vikes win 28-23
    15 15 Dec Philadelphia Eagles
    Who knows what this team is going to look like. Vikes win 35-10
    16 22 Dec @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Bengals brought back some key players. Added some new talent at S and doubled up on TEís by taking the best one In the draft. In the end, the Vikes have the division sowed up by now and they elect not to get anyone hurt in this one and play several backup players. Vikes lose 35-17
    17 29 Dec Detroit Lions
    Same as the Bengals, Vikes only play their starters the first quarter or so and beat a team in complete disarray after another blown season. Vikes Win 14-10
    I like that analysis and very logical that it could go our way in all those games. Now I think we split the first two road games, the bores have our number no matter how bad they are and how good we are, they just do.

The next three games are very winnable, the fourth one very losable, dead on.

The Pukers game I think we can win, I am just not as sure as you at this point. Especially after they got two very good RB's that can change the game plan for them. The play action pass is now something you have to honor, not like before.

4-3 at this point IMO

The Vikes beat the Cowboys is one I am skeptical of, and especially a blow out. I still don't trust this team to travel and play well. I think a loss here. Deadskins are a toss up as well to me.

I agree with the Seattle game and I think we lose to the Pukers at Lamebutt field.

I agree with the rest of the games so I think we are still fighting for the division against the Lions or fighting for a playoff spot.
    9-7
    Either way IMO we are going to be between 8-8 and 10-6.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I like that analysis and very logical that it could go our way in all those games. Now I think we split the first two road games, the bores have our number no matter how bad they are and how good we are, they just do.

The next three games are very winnable, the fourth one very losable, dead on.

The Pukers game I think we can win, I am just not as sure as you at this point. Especially after they got two very good RB's that can change the game plan for them. The play action pass is now something you have to honor, not like before.

4-3 at this point IMO

The Vikes beat the Cowboys is one I am skeptical of, and especially a blow out. I still don't trust this team to travel and play well. I think a loss here. Deadskins are a toss up as well to me.

I agree with the Seattle game and I think we lose to the Pukers at Lamebutt field.

I agree with the rest of the games so I think we are still fighting for the division against the Lions or fighting for a playoff spot.
    9-7
    Either way IMO we are going to be between 8-8 and 10-6.
    I'll probably adjust it in a couple of places after the rosters settle out, but I have the following in mind....

a. PUKERS are going to try to install a running game. That is going to put that offense in a tizzy like we saw the Steelers go through last year. Mix in the defense issue (which I don't think they fixed) and I see a team ripe for failure this year.

b. Dallas. Same as the PUKERS, JJ is trying to validate the Romo signing by improving the offense all the while he has the C2/T2 guru there on his staff to convert from the 3-4 to the 4-3. Again, without the right players. That should equate to a mess.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I'll probably adjust it in a couple of places after the rosters settle out, but I have the following in mind....

a. PUKERS are going to try to install a running game. That is going to put that offense in a tizzy like we saw the Steelers go through last year. Mix in the defense issue (which I don't think they fixed) and I see a team ripe for failure this year.

b. Dallas. Same as the PUKERS, JJ is trying to validate the Romo signing by improving the offense all the while he has the C2/T2 guru there on his staff to convert from the 3-4 to the 4-3. Again, without the right players. That should equate to a mess.
    Makes sense, I just don't see us sweeping the Pukers, I don't think we will win in Lambutt so the best I am hoping for is a split. Dallas while they may be in trumoil, they did get the guru to turn their D into a very good one again, they still have some players on that side of the ball. Add to that our miserable play away from home and I defintely don't see a blow out. Maybe a win but not a blow out.

We have a very tough schedule this year and if we go 9-7 or 10-6 that will be an imporvement over last year. Just because of who we play!!!
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 05-09-2013 at 09:23 AM.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Makes sense, I just don't see us sweeping the Pukers, I don't think we will win in Lambutt so the best I am hoping for is a split. Dallas while they may be in trumoil, they did get the guru to turn their D into a very good one again, they still have some players on that side of the ball. Add to that our miserable play away from home and I defintely don't see a blow out. Maybe a win but not a blow out.

He have a very tough schedule this year and if we go 9-7 or 10-6 that will be an imporvement over last year. Just because of who we play!!!
    Not just the PUKERS.....DIV SWEEP.....

Not just the PUKERS.....DIV SWEEP.....
    WOW, you have big ones my friend.

WOW, you have big ones my friend.
    Thats what everyone said when I said 9-7 possibly 10-6 last year.

Well, you kept them in good shape over the course of the year. 9-7 is my prediction this year, so anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6 is where I think Minnesota finishes this year. Another wid card berth but a better chance at a win IMO. I think we are catching the elite franchises in the NFC, one more great draft and people will start to fear us. Pos. I hope we target in next year's draft are MLB, G, DE, S, CB, WR (in that order).

You got me, I believe I said 6-10 which means anywhere from 5-11 to 7-9. Alittle off for me.

Well, you kept them in good shape over the course of the year. 9-7 is my prediction this year, so anywhere from 8-8 to 10-6 is where I think Minnesota finishes this year. Another wid card berth but a better chance at a win IMO. I think we are catching the elite franchises in the NFC, one more great draft and people will start to fear us. Pos. I hope we target in next year's draft are MLB, G, DE, S, CB, WR (in that order).
    I think we are now one of those "Elite" teams. With some good wins early, and some good coaching, we should be clicking on all cylinders about midway through the season.

Div Champs my friend. Div Champs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast