Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Vikings fans traveling to Dallas

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gator" wrote:
    Hey Viking fans - Anyone traveling to Dallas for the game come stop by for a cold one - we are usually the visiting team headquarters and are located in downtown Dallas (we will have a Vikings flag out front).
    We hosted several thousand Pats fans last week - and a good time was had by all!!
    Hope to see you soon - should be a good ballgame.

www.gatorsdallas.com
    When I lived in Dallass back in the day (1989 - 1992), I remember going to Gator's...GREAT frozen drinks...and the 'racy' piano entertainment is HILARIOUS.
    They sing all sorts of crazy stuff...and the more drunk you get, the better it gets!
    I can still remember "The Gang Bang Song", the special version of "Lucille" that was sung whenever someone tried to leave unnoticed, the bachelorettes that got placed on the piano and serenaded by guys from the audience singing "That Lovin' Feeling"...and of course, the singing of "Sweet Chariot", complete with vulgar hand gestures!
    What a hoot!!!

Glad to see you guys are still in business!
    Holy pooh.
    Now I REALLY want to go.
    I wonder if I can talk Mrs Nodak into letting me buy a couple of last minute airline tickets... Or is it better just to ask for forgiveness... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

FromDallas is offline Training Camp

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    A "visiting team" sports bar! That is one of the coolest things I have heard in a long time.
    Dallas just got bumped up pretty high on my list of away game cities to go to.
    Unfortunately I won't be going on Sunday.

Now if we meet in the playoffs...
    There are actually several bars in Dallas that do this for several teams. Dallas is a great sports town.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"FromDallas" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    A "visiting team" sports bar! That is one of the coolest things I have heard in a long time.

There are actually several bars in Dallas that do this for several teams. Dallas is a great sports town.
    It's a great Football town. Other than that fans are purely bandwagoners.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gator" wrote:
    Hey Viking fans - Anyone traveling to Dallas for the game come stop by for a cold one - we are usually the visiting team headquarters and are located in downtown Dallas (we will have a Vikings flag out front).
    We hosted several thousand Pats fans last week - and a good time was had by all!!
    Hope to see you soon - should be a good ballgame.

www.gatorsdallas.com
    When I lived in Dallass back in the day (1989 - 1992), I remember going to Gator's...GREAT frozen drinks...and the 'racy' piano entertainment is HILARIOUS.
    They sing all sorts of crazy stuff...and the more drunk you get, the better it gets!
    I can still remember "The Gang Bang Song", the special version of "Lucille" that was sung whenever someone tried to leave unnoticed, the bachelorettes that got placed on the piano and serenaded by guys from the audience singing "That Lovin' Feeling"...and of course, the singing of "Sweet Chariot", complete with vulgar hand gestures!
    What a hoot!!!

Glad to see you guys are still in business!

The more drunk you get, the better it gets.
    Hard to imagine.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"vikingivan" wrote:

The more drunk you get, the better it gets.
    Hard to imagine.
    The more drunk you get the cuter she gets.... what??

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

There are a lot of bandwaggon fans here no doubt. That can pretty much be said about every city though.
    It's not just a great football town either. The Mavs have a HUGE following here as do the Rangers (for some reason).

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"FromDallas" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

There are a lot of bandwaggon fans here no doubt. That can pretty much be said about every city though.
    It's not just a great football town either. The Mavs have a HUGE following here as do the Rangers (for some reason).
    The Mavs have a huge following because they are good. That is the definition of bandwagoners. I went to 6 Rangers games this year. None sold out, and when the Cubs came to town, there were more of their fans in the stands than Rangers fans.

The Stars had a home playoff game last year in which less than half of the stadium was filled. A playoff game.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

gator is offline Waterboy

Hope to see You Vikings fans soon - just an fyi - we also get a good amount of Cowboys fans that are in from out of town - I am STILL hearing about the Patriot game here on the local radio stations - I think some people here may be taking this game lightly.....I think it will be a 7 point game either way..

www.gatorsdallas.com

"V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

The Mavs have a huge following because they are good. That is the definition of bandwagoners. I went to 6 Rangers games this year. None sold out, and when the Cubs came to town, there were more of their fans in the stands than Rangers fans.

The Stars had a home playoff game last year in which less than half of the stadium was filled. A playoff game.
    Same bs with my orioles man, only sold out games are against the yankees and red sox, makes it that much better when they win and you send home 30,000 + sorry @ss bandwagoners.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

"V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "FromDallas" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

The Rangers may not always sell out but they pack over 20,000 fans in that stadium every game, and it doesn't even matter who they're playing. I don't know if you have ever seen the Rangers play but I DEFINITELY would not consider them bandwaggon fans. The wheels came of that waggon sometime during the mid 90's. They are probably the worse franchise in all of sports.

The Mavs do have a lot of bandwaggon fans, I do have to agree with that. They do have a core base of fans though that have been following the team for years. Personally I became a fan of the Mavs the year they drafted Jim Jackson.

As for the Stars ... it's just hard to get into hockey. First off, this is Texas so it's not like we can just go to some frozen pond in winter play a pickup game. Plus professional hockey has only been in Dallas about 10 years or so. Even when they won the cup I was not that big a fan of the sport. I will say though that a Stars game is a great place to meet a lot of hot women in Dallas (if I wasn't married that is).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast