Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings fans disappointed with win over Saints

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/08/vikings-fans-disappointed-with-win-over-saints/

In the days since the Minnesota Vikings escaped with a 30-27 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Monday night, there's been an interesting reaction from purple faithful throughout the state.

Rather than relief or excitement over the avoidance of what would have been a disastrous 1-4 start, a large portion of Vikings fans seemed disappointed by the win...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings fans disappointed with win over Saints

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/08/vikings-fans-disappointed-with-win-over-saints/

In the days since the Minnesota Vikings escaped with a 30-27 victory over the New Orleans Saints on Monday night, there's been an interesting reaction from purple faithful throughout the state.

Rather than relief or excitement over the avoidance of what would have been a disastrous 1-4 start, a large portion of Vikings fans seemed disappointed by the win...
    Although I wasn't happy about their pass defense and special teams I was very impressed on the team effort and the way they didn't quit.
    This team came through when it had to and that's something I like to see.
    They were going for the ball trying to cause fumbles.
    They blocked a FG attempt.
    Their offense came back after a devestating 2nd punt return for a TD.
    There were many good things that happened along with the bad.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a great stat from that article, that the "Fire Childress!" crowd needs to suck on for a bit:

But making a coaching change in the middle of an NFL season rarely brings about the immediate improvement and galvanizing momentum that fans expect of such a drastic move.

Rather it marks the ceremonial raising of a white flag on the season, usually by a desperate franchise in a dire situation. Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, teams have changed coaches during the season 61 times, including the Rams and Raiders this year.

[size=11pt]Those coaches are 120-264-1 in their interim stints[/size], according to the Elias Sports Bureau
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Nice thread,to be honest our victory was great but a lil bitter due to our offensive playcalling and ST performances,truth to be told almost every down AD was thrown to a cage of 9 beasts
    and that is not what I expect ,at least when you play against a team ranked 29 th overall in defense, alittle more of creativity in offense please.

On a brigth note and maybe the most important, we are now 2-3 when the supposed hard part of our schedule is
    gone,1 game away of leading our division,winnable (not sure about the word sorry) games coming up ,our 5 games left vs division rivals,Texans and Falcons at home,that would lead us to 9-7 and possible playoff spot,but who knows is a long season left....

El underdog.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with this guy completely..........but how many teams that change coaches in the middle of the season have the talent that the Vikes do?

I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

ThExRenegadE is offline Training Camp

Not that I was disappointed with the win it was more of how we played. A wins a win, but I didn't think it was such a big deal to get happy about. The way I see it we got lucky with a bad call (face mask fumble) and the Saints shot themselves in the foot. I'm proud that we won,but just not to happy the way we executed.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    Here's a great stat from that article, that the "Fire Childress!" crowd needs to suck on for a bit:

But making a coaching change in the middle of an NFL season rarely brings about the immediate improvement and galvanizing momentum that fans expect of such a drastic move.

Rather it marks the ceremonial raising of a white flag on the season, usually by a desperate franchise in a dire situation. Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, teams have changed coaches during the season 61 times, including the Rams and Raiders this year.

[size=11pt]Those coaches are 120-264-1 in their interim stints[/size], according to the Elias Sports Bureau
    =Z=
    Why delay the inevitable?

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't get it...not happy with a win because they thought it might make Zygi fire Chilly.

Last year, NY fans were calling for Coughlin's ass and look what happened. Not saying that's going to happen with our team, but I never want to intentionally lose...or hope for a loss. Victories in the NFL are hard enough to come by.

This is bullshit...seriously, they can't be fans if they were disappointed with a Vikings win.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingMike" wrote:
    I don't get it...not happy with a win because they thought it might make Zygi fire Chilly.

Last year, NY fans were calling for Coughlin's ass and look what happened. Not saying that's going to happen with our team, but I never want to intentionally lose...or hope for a loss. Victories in the NFL are hard enough to come by.

This is bullshit...seriously, they can't be fans if they were disappointed with a Vikings win.
    Everyone can be a fan.
    You can be a complete moron and be a fan, that is proven daily.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I gotta say... before the game, I was almost hoping for a lose.

As the game went on though, my 'fandom' too over and I was CLEARLY pulling for the win.

Sure, I want Chilly gone, and I can tell it was an ugly win... but come on... a win is a win people (over a team that was picked to beat us).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast