Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Vikings Fan Who Threw Beer Could Cost Friend Season Tickets

What do you do if you no show and someone slips into your seat and hits someone in the head with a plastic beer bottle? Are you responsible?

This is a bit much IMO.

"The Vikings have a policy that season ticket holders are responsible for the actions of anyone who uses their seats"

Not to mention the guy practically turned himself in. I don't even think they removed him from the game. He called into a radio show and confessed he was the guy that threw the bottle and then he was arrested. That has to count for something.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    What do you do if you no show and someone slips into your seat and hits someone in the head with a plastic beer bottle? Are you responsible?
    Of course not.
    Whoever gave that idiot a ticket into the place is responsible for his conduct.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Good point, Del.

I have mixed feelings about this issue. The bottom line, apparently, is that this is an accountability issue.

The thing that annoys me the most is the use of being drunk as an excuse. He apologized but qualified it by saying he had drank too much.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Of course not.
    Whoever gave that idiot a ticket into the place is responsible for his conduct.

=Z=
    "The Vikings have a policy that season ticket holders are responsible for the actions of anyone who uses their seats"

It seems crazy to begin with. Why not take away the rights to serve alcohol at the games? I mean if we wanna play the blame game. The sad thing is....if the Vikings thought for one second they couldn't sell that guys seat this wouldn't even be brought up.

Lets take away the job of the person who sold the tickets to someone careless enough to loan his tickets to someone careless enough to buy alcohol from someone who is careless enough to sell it to someone who is careless enough that when he drinks it is going to throw a plastic bottle onto the field, and without being caught go on air and confess and apologize for being a silly guy.

Del Rio Guest

"Freya" wrote:
    Good point, Del.

I have mixed feelings about this issue. The bottom line, apparently, is that this is an accountability issue.

The thing that annoys me the most is the use of being drunk as an excuse. He apologized but qualified it by saying he had drank too much.
    Well if he was drunk and he knows he would not have done that had he not been drunk then I don't see a problem with him bringing it up. I didn't get the impression he was making an excuse just stating a fact. I imagine, or hope, the guy would take whatever is given to him. Plus it stated had he not been drinking it would have been a minor citation with no jail time at all. So it is important.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"Del" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    Good point, Del.

Well if he was drunk and he knows he would not have done that had he not been drunk then I don't see a problem with him bringing it up. I didn't get the impression he was making an excuse just stating a fact. I imagine, or hope, the guy would take whatever is given to him. Plus it stated had he not been drinking it would have been a minor citation with no jail time at all. So it is important.
    I get what you are saying, Del. My point was that by qualifying his apology it effectively loses some of it's value. Perhaps he wouldnt' have done such a thing if he hadn't been drinking so much, but it sounded to me like he was apologising more for his drinking than for what he did while drunk. That was just my impression hearing him on the news last night.

I do give him credit for stepping up and admitting it though. Now he needs to plead a case for his ticket holder friend.

I hope that the season ticket holder doesn't lose his seats but I can see why they have to draw the line somewhere.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

Del Rio Guest

"Freya" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    "Freya" wrote:
    Good point, Del.

I get what you are saying, Del. My point was that by qualifying his apology it effectively loses some of it's value. Perhaps he wouldnt' have done such a thing if he hadn't been drinking so much, but it sounded to me like he was apologising more for his drinking than for what he did while drunk. That was just my impression hearing him on the news last night.

I do give him credit for stepping up and admitting it though. Now he needs to plead a case for his ticket holder friend.

I hope that the season ticket holder doesn't lose his seats but I can see why they have to draw the line somewhere.
    He probably shouldn't of even admitted to being drunk. I don't think they could have prooven it by the time they arrested him and then he probably wouldn't even be facing jail time.

IN the end I live in Utah so who does or does not have season tickets doesn't help me any lol ;D Now I have season tickets to the Jazz and I would not loan them to just anyone.

I agree with you though Freya, he probably should have just given a sincere apology and not focused so much on his boozin.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://www.vikings.com/seasontixcurrent_detail_objectname_seasontix_polic y_procedures.html
    "Minnesota Vikings Season Ticket Policies" wrote:
    The Vikings reserve the right to cancel a Season Ticket license for reasons including, but not limited to, the following: failure to meet payment deadlines; drunken, disorderly, or improper behavior; scalping or resale of tickets (whether licensed to do so or not).
    The Season Ticket subscriber is responsible for the conduct of users of the tickets issued.
    Sorry, but the policy is very clearly spelled out.
    And every year, the ticket holder gets a handbook with a copy of the policies.
    Add to that the fact that there is a public annoucement before every game stating that throwing anything in the dome is prohibited.

I feel for the ticket holder, but I think the Vikings need to take a hard line here.
    What if that bottle hit a fan?
    If I was at the dome with either of my children (which I often am), and some drunken fan threw a bottle that hit one of them, I would absolutely be demanding that the Vikings revoke those tickets.
    As I said before, the Vikings organization has a responsibility to the players, fans, coaches, and officials during a football game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I feel for the ticket holder, but I think the Vikings need to take a hard line here.
    If I was at the dome with either of my children (which I often am), and some drunken fan threw a bottle that hit one of them, I would absolutely be demanding that the Vikings revoke those tickets.
    As I said before, the Vikings organization has a responsibility to the players, fans, coaches, and officials during a football game.
    If some drunk hit my daughter with a bottle, I would be calling for the Vikings to revoke the season tickets from a jail cell, because that's where I would be after kicking his tushy.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    http://www.vikings.com/seasontixcurrent_detail_objectname_seasontix_polic y_procedures.html
    "Minnesota Vikings Season Ticket Policies" wrote:
    The Vikings reserve the right to cancel a Season Ticket license for reasons including, but not limited to, the following: failure to meet payment deadlines; drunken, disorderly, or improper behavior; scalping or resale of tickets (whether licensed to do so or not).
    The Season Ticket subscriber is responsible for the conduct of users of the tickets issued.
    Sorry, but the policy is very clearly spelled out.
    And every year, the ticket holder gets a handbook with a copy of the policies.
    Add to that the fact that there is a public annoucement before every game stating that throwing anything in the dome is prohibited.

I can't argue the facts of the matter. It is obvious what the rules are. I just question the rule to begin with.

It will be interesting to see if this happens. I doubt it will. Someone close to the story should update it if they hear anything.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast