johnkdbr is offline Training Camp

Vikings fan take on The Bears

The Bears, if they make the playoffs, won't go far but next year could be a different story. I look at Chicago & see the Vikings team with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Steve Jordon & Robert Smith. If the Bears can fix their defense during the offseason they, on paper, should be able to make a run for the Super Bowl. Marshal, Jeffrey, solid at TE & Forte. If they can resign Cutler(which I think the Vikings should take a serious look at doing themselves) The Bears will have a butt-load of offensive talent. If you remember, the Vikings defense was average that year with John Randal. Most of the time we had big lead which made opposing offenses one dimentional. The Bears could be that team next year. All they need is a run stopping DT & an upgrade at MLB. If they don't sign Cutler all that goes out the window. If the Vikings sign Cutler then who knows....AP, Jennings, Patterson, Rudolph & Cutler....Throw in a #1 pick on a DT & 2nd round LB or CB, things that make ya go hmmmmm.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    The Bears, if they make the playoffs, won't go far but next year could be a different story. I look at Chicago & see the Vikings team with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Steve Jordon & Robert Smith. If the Bears can fix their defense during the offseason they, on paper, should be able to make a run for the Super Bowl. Marshal, Jeffrey, solid at TE & Forte. If they can resign Cutler(which I think the Vikings should take a serious look at doing themselves) The Bears will have a butt-load of offensive talent. If you remember, the Vikings defense was average that year with John Randal. Most of the time we had big lead which made opposing offenses one dimentional. The Bears could be that team next year. All they need is a run stopping DT & an upgrade at MLB. If they don't sign Cutler all that goes out the window. If the Vikings sign Cutler then who knows....AP, Jennings, Patterson, Rudolph & Cutler....Throw in a #1 pick on a DT & 2nd round LB or CB, things that make ya go hmmmmm.
    Both of their CBs are free agents. They have 1 LB thats old. Peppers is on the downside, Bostic needs more time. Everyone else is a JAG. They are basically us on defense. Offensively, they need to fix their OL once and for all. If I was them, I resign Cutler (12 million a year tops). and poor everything into Defense and Oline. They also need a guy like De-Anthony Thomas.