Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings face potential talent drain this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1090432
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090373
    I think that is a reasonable scenario, however, I don't think thats what happened. I still contend that when the Vikes said no to a contract extension last year, his agent advised him to get the surgery late and to time it with a return where he still got enough games in to count the season towards FA.
    well I'm a cynical bugger where Rosenwhore is concerned and wouldn't trust him further than one of TJ's mid range passes.. so that's all of about two foot then :P
    Agree 100%.

I wouldn't put it past him to hold it (no extension when asked for last year) against us.

He knows what his player will get. He also knows the risk of not getting a contract done and there is no games next year.

If the Vikes offered him a fair contract and he still said no, then he (use the agent for all the he's) is holding it against them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

it won't be Greenway leaving

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Chad-Greenway-signs-his-franchise-tender.html

A week after the club announced it would place the franchise tag on linebacker Chad Greenway, the team has announced hes signed the one-year tender. That guarantees Greenway will earn roughly $10 million in 2011, provided they play football this year.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Brian Fantana is offline Waterboy

I always said the Childress era would end with zero Super Bowls and most of our talent wasted. I was obviously right. Usually am.

So glad we went with Favre instead of a long-term solution...
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Brian Fantana" #1090454
    I always said the Childress era would end with zero Super Bowls and most of our talent wasted. I was obviously right. Usually am.

How long is he going to last this time.......?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1090468

How long is he going to last this time.......?
    I was wondering the same thing lol

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

2011 NFL Offseason: Minnesota Vikings

Season Summary:
    Remember when the three Viking players flew down to Mississippi to talk Brett Favre into coming back one more year? That seems so long ago. Favre and Brad Childress are gone, and Minnesota will be moving on with Leslie Frazier and a new undetermined franchise quarterback.

# Offseason Moves: Vikings re-sign DE Brian Robison
    # Vikings tender SS Husain Abdullah
    # Vikings tender ILB Erin Henderson
    # Vikings re-sign WR Jaymar Johnson
    # Vikings franchise OLB Chad Greenway

Offseason Needs:

1. Quarterback: Brett Favre and Tarvaris Jackson are finally gone. Joe Webb played well in one of his starts late in the year, but Leslie Frazier said it during a press conference in early January - he wants to find the next Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. Minnesota could draft Cam Newton or Jake Locker with the 12th pick this April.

2. Two Outside Linebackers: Both of Minnesota's starting outside linebackers, Chad Greenway and Ben Leber, are free agents. If the Vikings can't retain them, they'll have to find replacements. Franchised Chad Greenway

3. Two Safeties: As with the linebacking corps, Minnesota will have nothing at safety if it can't re-sign its personnel. Husain Abdullah is a free agent, while Madieu Williams will probably be released because of his $5.4 million salary.

4. Cornerback: Antoine Winfield turns 34 in June. Cedric Griffin is coming off two ACL tears. Chris Cook was frequently torched in his limited action as a rookie. The Vikings are desperate for corner help. Unfortunately, Prince Amukamara is unlikely to fall to them in the 2011 NFL Draft.

5. Right Guard or Left Tackle: Minnesota needs an upgrade over Anthony Herrera at right guard. The other more tedious option is to look for a new franchise left tackle, which would move Bryant McKinnie to right tackle and Phil Loadholt to right guard. Loadholt struggled at right tackle this season.

6. Wide Reciever: If the Vikings can retain Sidney Rice, they're fine here. If not, they'll have to find a new starting wideout to complement Percy Harvin. Bernard Berrian stinks.

7. Left End: Both Ray Edwards and Brian Robison are free agents this offseason, meaning Everson Griffen would be slated to start across from Jared Allen if the Vikings don't find another solution. If they don't like any of the quarterbacks, J.J. Watt and Aldon Smith could be options at No. 12 in the 2011 NFL Draft. Re-signed Brian Robison

8. Kicker: Ryan Longwell is a 37-year-old free agent. He may want to go to a contender, so he'll obviously have to be replaced if he leaves.

9. Center: John Sullivan had another poor season at center. The Vikings really miss Matt Birk. Unfortunately, they have so many other needs that they may be forced to roll with Sullivan for yet another year.

10. Defensive Tackle: Pat Williams said he won't be back next year, so Letroy Guion will have to step into the starting lineup next to Kevin Williams. I like Guion, but he's unproven. Minnesota may draft a defensive tackle in the early rounds this April.

11. Tight End: Visanthe Shiancoe absolutely sucked this season. Minnesota may think about spending a mid-round pick on a possible replacement; Shiancoe will be entering his contract year.

Nothing really new to anyone, just thought it was a good summary of needs. Maybe a bit harsh on the shankmeister.

They have us picking DE (Cameron Jordan), TE (Rudolph) and QB (Devlin) with our first 3 picks. Not necessarily addressing the greatest needs, just how they see it unfolding with their mock picks before us.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

And which long-term solution would you recommend?

Definitely wasn't TJ.

We could have still drafted a guy for the long-term, like McCoy, but no, as usual Chilly & co. ignore the QB position and insist on sticking with TJoke.

There is absolutely no reason we couldn't have Favre AND a long-term solution.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090768

And which long-term solution would you recommend?

Definitely wasn't TJ.

We could have still drafted a guy for the long-term, like McCoy, but no, as usual Chilly & co. ignore the QB position and insist on sticking with TJoke.

There is absolutely no reason we couldn't have Favre AND a long-term solution.
    +1, there was absolutely no reason we couldn't go 6-10 and find a long term solution
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456