singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Vikings' FA linemen have talent

[size=13pt]Vikings' free agent linemen have talent[/size]

Offensive line depth is a Purple priority, and some undrafted players from the past two years have a chance to compete for spots on the roster.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: May 19, 2008 - 1:59 AM

The Vikings will hold a voluntary minicamp starting today and lasting through Thursday, and one of the things the coaches will be looking for is depth in the offensive line....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vikings' FA linemen have talent

Thanks for the read my friend.

I still say the comments are the best part of these articles.
    Can you actually believe these yutzs compete to see who posts first?

Lame.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Carroll told me the 6-5, 305-pound Radovich was one of the better offensive linemen he had coached, and he thought some team was going to get a real bargain if he wasn't drafted and signed him as a free agent.
    Sounds good to me. I'm not a big college football fan, but of those of you who are, what's your view on Radovich?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    Carroll told me the 6-5, 305-pound Radovich was one of the better offensive linemen he had coached, and he thought some team was going to get a real bargain if he wasn't drafted and signed him as a free agent.
    Sounds good to me. I'm not a big college football fan, but of those of you who are, what's your view on Radovich?
    Hey, I thought you said it doesn't matter what they did in college.
    Until they take snaps at the NFL level you don't think they are upgrades (or something along that line).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I still say the comments are the best part of these articles.
    Can you actually believe these yutzs compete to see who posts first?

Lame.
    I really don't like the comments bashing Sid, i like his articles.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

With our starting five really starting to jell in the ZB scheme we use, it;s great to hear about Mozes and Radovich, along with Chase Johnson, M, Johnson, getting the nessesary reps and experience to become a NFL O-lineman.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' free agent linemen have talent[/size]

Offensive line depth is a Purple priority, and some undrafted players from the past two years have a chance to compete for spots on the roster.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune
    startribune.com

Last update: May 19, 2008 - 1:59 AM

The Vikings will hold a voluntary minicamp starting today and lasting through Thursday, and one of the things the coaches will be looking for is depth in the offensive line....

That's goes along with what I have been saying. You can pick up interior linemen like this and they can do just fine. They aren't going to find any franchise type LT's but they certainly can find backups for the other positions.

There are also going to be a few starter-quality(Not to be confused with HOF quality) LT's released after the summer when they high drafted rookies take up roster spots. Glad to see it happen but it would have been better to do it 2 years ago

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Best part of this article is this nugget:

"I think that when you're playing underwear football, you can see if the linemen take the right steps, do they listen to your coaching, have they been coached well, and I think all those guys have that," said Morris, who held workouts with rookies after the draft.
    Underwear football?

That's awesome.
    Can we get some of the MVCs to try that for us?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Until they take snaps at the NFL level you don't think they are upgrades (or something along that line).
    ;D
    That's why I said "sounds good" & asked for input from the college hacks. I won't crown him a good player at the pro level until I see him play, but I like to get insight on them to at least have hope & faith in him rather than think they picked him up as training camp fodder.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

;D
    That's why I said "sounds good" & asked for input from the college hacks. I won't crown him a good player at the pro level until I see him play, but I like to get insight on them to at least have hope & faith in him rather than think they picked him up as training camp fodder.
    Some reading I did on him commented that he" would make an exceptional right tackle or guard", that he was very intelligent and would pick things up quickly (I assume he was refering to our zone blocking scheme).
    Sounds like a real diamond in the rough ;D ;D